Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 11:41 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,239,642 times

Advertisements

This came out about 9 years ago on TBN when Benny Hinn introduced it in an interview/discussion with the pink lady Jan Crouch. Of course they all just accepted it and back then being a theist, I was intrigued. I did my own research and found nothing to substantiate it and used lexicons and concordances to see exactly where this could have been derived from. Nothing.

Seems BS recycled now and again still gets the gullible.

Some televangelist says something, he has a reputation (allegedly) the flock swallow it hook line and sinker.

TBH, the alleged prophesies in the Jewish bible pertaining to the messiah were the easiest to debunk. Of course I went to Jewish sites and posed my questions there. The logic being, it is their bible, their language so they should by default be the best folk to ask.

Because the evangelical brand of xianity is so thin when it comes to knowledge, they will grasp at anything that remotely appears to validate their myth. The bible codes was another one of their "proofs" and weird that a god would hide messages that only after a complex algorithm and computer of the early 2000's would be able to decipher it. The proponent? A Jew apparently but the book was not published by him, it was an American.

I bought one of the books and it was laughable. Oh and 9-11 was also in there, very convincing at first glance.

Then it was debunked, the bible codes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 12:02 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,064,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospelsaves View Post
The person saying I need to be fluent in a language to participate in this is absurd. This is suppose to be a forum to talk, and exchange ideas no matter what your background is. I have an opinion I wanted to express, and I have the right to express it. I don't need to be fluent in a language to give an opinon on the ORIGINAL TOPIC of why the Jews don't believe in the Divinity of Jesus.

I would keep debating with you guys but I really don't see the point. People can look up things for themselves and decide. I did, and you obviously did. So I leave it at that. People will make up thier own mind. They will look at all sides and makeup their minds. Only time will tell who was right, so until then you have a blessed day

No he is not absurd. When you argue about the Hebrew scripture you as a non Jew ought to understand that many of the Jews here know Hebrew and they are schooled in Torah.

You have an agenda and it is the gospel and Christianity. You argue from that viewpoint. Jewish people have their own view of the Hebrew bible. They also don't need to be argued with by a person who doesn't understand their beliefs.

The Jews don't believe in Jesus because he is not the messiah. He did not do the things the messiah will do. He was killed by the Romans.

He was a Jew who lived, worshipped and died as a Jew. For Jews it is as simple as that.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:05 PM

204 posts, read 509,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
This came out about 9 years ago on TBN when Benny Hinn introduced it in an interview/discussion with the pink lady Jan Crouch. Of course they all just accepted it and back then being a theist, I was intrigued. I did my own research and found nothing to substantiate it and used lexicons and concordances to see exactly where this could have been derived from. Nothing.

Seems BS recycled now and again still gets the gullible.

Some televangelist says something, he has a reputation (allegedly) the flock swallow it hook line and sinker.

TBH, the alleged prophesies in the Jewish bible pertaining to the messiah were the easiest to debunk. Of course I went to Jewish sites and posed my questions there. The logic being, it is their bible, their language so they should by default be the best folk to ask.

Because the evangelical brand of xianity is so thin when it comes to knowledge, they will grasp at anything that remotely appears to validate their myth. The bible codes was another one of their "proofs" and weird that a god would hide messages that only after a complex algorithm and computer of the early 2000's would be able to decipher it. The proponent? A Jew apparently but the book was not published by him, it was an American.

I bought one of the books and it was laughable. Oh and 9-11 was also in there, very convincing at first glance.

Then it was debunked, the bible codes.
No not the case at all. I didn't hear it from Benny Hinn. I do not follow him.
And just so you know....wikipedia has the exact same interpretations on their website. But i'm sure you don't believe wikii either

Generations of Adam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And go to Etymological translation on the site.

Have a blessed day.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:12 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,239,642 times
Quote:
No not the case at all. I didn't hear it from Benny Hinn. I do not follow him.
And just so you know....wikipedia has the exact same interpretations on their website. But i'm sure you don't believe wikii either

Generations of Adam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And go to Etymological translation on the site.

Have a blessed day.
Anyone can edit Wiki, not a reliable source. You really should quit while you're ahead, oh wait, that time has come and gone quite a few posts ago.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
No he is not absurd. When you argue about the Hebrew scripture you as a non Jew ought to understand that many of the Jews here know Hebrew and they are schooled in Torah.

You have an agenda and it is the gospel and Christianity. You argue from that viewpoint. Jewish people have their own view of the Hebrew bible. They also don't need to be argued with by a person who doesn't understand their beliefs.

The Jews don't believe in Jesus because he is not the messiah. He did not do the things the messiah will do. He was killed by the Romans.

He was a Jew who lived, worshipped and died as a Jew. For Jews it is as simple as that.
Of course that is absurd. This site is open to ALL. Everyone should be able to express what they think. It doen't matter if they speak the language or not! If you want to ban certain people from participation then go to some other website. This is open to everyone. I don't agree with your opinions and you don't agree with mine, but I know you have the right to say it.

That be like me sayin "well you don't speak fluent Greek" and most of the NT was written in Greek so your viewpoint is invalid when it comes to anything dealing with the NT bible! Absurd!

Old 12-14-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Of course that is absurd. This site is open to ALL. Everyone should be able to express what they think. It doen't matter if they speak the language or not! If you want to ban certain people from participation then go to some other website. This is open to everyone. I don't agree with your opinions and you don't agree with mine, but I know you have the right to say it.

That be like me sayin "well you don't speak fluent Greek" and most of the NT was written in Greek so your viewpoint is invalid when it comes to anything dealing with the NT bible! Absurd!

True and for that very reason I don't argue scripture with Christians. I speak from the view point of a Jewish person. I speak to what I know. But I also don't believe that non Jews need to be saved or that they are headed to hell as lost persons.

So I don't have any reason to argue. I just believe what I believe and you believe what you believe.

But for me what I have issues with is that Christians take a book that was written in Hebrew and was and is the Hebrew Scripture and then tell Jews what it means without any acceptance that even before Christianity existed we already had our understanding of our book.

Judaism, our sages and in the modern age we had a tradition and understanding of our books.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Anyone can edit Wiki, not a reliable source. You really should quit while you're ahead, oh wait, that time has come and gone quite a few posts ago.
Well true. You might want to hurry up and edit it as soon as you can then because who knows at this point how many millions of people have read the same thing and came to the same conclusion. It is a popular site you know

Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Well true. You might want to hurry up and edit it as soon as you can then because who knows at this point how many millions of people have read the same thing and came to the same conclusion. It is a popular site you know
This is exactly the whole issue. Is there a reason you need to be so rude?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:27 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,395,365 times
Gospelsaves: it's not that you can't participate in this thread. Just understand that no matter how convincingly you have been taught the items that formulate your viewpoint, at the very core - your viewpoint was not be formulated with all the pertinent facts. Again, your viewpoint is being formed from a translation of a translation (with hard core agendas inside those translations). Our opinions are coming directly from the source itself. There is a BIG difference.

I find it fascinating to hear/read opinions like yours, but of course you have no access to the truth since you don't have access to the actual sources. So I read anything you say with a big grain of salt and know that at best, you have an opinion. But if you are commenting on Torah (or OT), you simply are not able to do so with any level of credibility. Sorry. Learn the language and get a rav to teach you the details of the oral law (which no credible Rav will teach Oral Law to a non-Jew, as that is forbidden in the Torah), and then we might have an equal discussion. Until then, your words are fluffy and interesting, but not based on truth.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:29 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,395,365 times
Quote:
Sorry. Learn the language and get a rav to teach you the details of the oral law (which no credible Rav will teach Oral Law to a non-Jew, as that is forbidden in the Torah), and then we might have an equal discussion.
And before you cry out how unfair that is, please remember that your religion is the one that grafted itself upon mine. The Jews never asked the Chrstians to usurp the mother religion (and at that, say you have "replaced" our religion. Oh the chutzpah!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality