Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In 2009 Which Religious Group Do You Think Is The Most Despised On The Planet On Average ?
Muslims 55 57.29%
Christians 21 21.88%
Jews 20 20.83%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:55 PM

165 posts, read 605,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I'd say they are all three hated pretty equally. It seems like Muslims hate Jews, Jews hate no one, and Christians hate Muslims who in return hate Christians just as much.
so going by what you said, the Muslims are the only ones who hate everyone?
Looks like we better hate them back lol

it doesn't make sense for different religions to hate each other..
despite all the differences they all have the same golden rule:
"treat others as you would like to be treated" (i read this somewhere )
The problem or the Muslim people is that there is a small group spoiling it for the rest (on a large scale, i might add) and making the faith look bad.
Most people who follow Islam are nice, respectable people.

Im not just talking about Al-Queda and the Taliban crew : Pan-European Arab Muslim Gang Rape Epidemic - IRIS Blog
do not click the link if you are easily offended, its quite horrific
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 03:59 PM

165 posts, read 605,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Christan's dislike everyone including other Christians who aren't members of their church. Many think members of other Christian churches aren't true Christans. It's sort of pompous and laughable when Christians look down at other people and say their beliefs aren't those of real Christian belief.
same story with Sunny and Shiite but Christians use less violence

Old 04-11-2009, 01:42 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,129 times
I would say they are all equally hated, but I only voted Jews because I wanted to even out the score.

Hating Muslims I would say is the most accepted and outspoken because of current events and the War on Terror. Everybody seems to look down on Islam these days and grasps with differentiating between the religion and terrorists. I myself grasp with the difference, as I find it hard to respect a religion that condones covering women in scarves, but I cannot judge or stereotype.

Hating Christians happens a lot in the Muslim world and the European/American world by Atheists in particular. I couldn't believe some of the things they've said, as well as much of the far left's severe vitriol against Christianity.

And finally, we get to the Jews. I think if there's one group that's been forever blamed for all the world's problems, it's been them, and that will not likely change. But to say Jews don't hate others and are completely innocent is wrong. There is racism and xenophobia among many Jews like there is among Muslims and Christians.

Everyone is equally hated and equally hates if you ask me.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:16 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Here's another question: what was the point of this thread? Was it just to get people talking about who they hate? Was it to justify the OP's own personal bias? Or was there a legitimate reason--in which case, I would like very much to know what it was.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:30 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
Muslims are the most hated, because they are the ones who most live by the stuff thats written in their old book. The saving grace of Christians and Jews is they tend to not follow their own beliefs.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:06 PM

13 posts, read 19,322 times
People believe that are the muslims, but guess what they are creatures of god and we should pray for all muslims, because there is bad people allover in all religions so the guaranty of a good manner or behavior is to accept jesus as lord and savior.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:23 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Scientologists.
Agreed and they would count as their own religion rather than a denomination of something else. (Mormons and Jehovah's Witness are at least arguably Christian denominations)

Of the options I picked Muslims, but on reflection I actually think it still might be Jews. Negative opinions of Jews are almost universal in the Arab League (this is true of both Christians and Muslims in the League nations) while they remain fairly common in Eastern Europe. Living in the US might have biased my vote as Anti-Semitism in the contemporary US is, comparatively, rare.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:34 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
I think it is the Abrahamic religions..

YouTube - Religion - Marcus Brigstocke

Its is relevant, the most hated religions is the religions that hate each other.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:54 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
On a personal level, the most hated religious group on the planet changes regularly. Whichever one is trying to push its belief system in my face gets the gold that day.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:13 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times
I'd say Muslims today, at least in the USA. Then maybe Christians/Catholics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality