Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:07 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,183,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
What does your friend do today? do you know? Sacrifice, sanspeur, to slave a life of another, is equal to no other. That's what Jesus Christ did. He sacrificed His own life so other's may gain eternal life. He arose again. He proved eternity with the Father. Your father, is with God, I promise.
One day He waits for you to go fishing again.
The difference is, his father didn't rise again, that's the absurdity of "rising" to save someone else.

Would you think that if someone died to save other, would he/she be afforded an opportunity to rise again and save again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 AM

433 posts, read 965,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Start a garden! You want wisdom to develop a way to feed the entire world, start a garden. How else are you to learn the tools necessary to achieve your goal? To feed the whole world one will have to learn distribution, tactics on combating disease, politics, governments and what types of feed to grow and where to grow them. Don't want to raise bananas in New York.
fine....so where the hell does God come in? lol
if i'm gonna do these things myself anyway, why bother asking for it from God???

LOL

see how ridiculous your silly logic is?
lol

Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
Those boaters off the coast of Texas beleive he does!

One of the experts on survival situations says that the fact they had faith, was one of the things that saved them. She said, even if you don't beleive in a higher power, you must have a strong belief that you will be rescued and you will have a much greater chance at surviving.
Any data to support this or are you just making S*&* up?

if so, provide link/study name

Old 09-01-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I bet he heard,

"He works in mysterious ways." or "Hes in a better place now." or "We don't know his will."

Either those, or something similar.

BTW, have you ever been to the funeral of someone where people said, "Oh, he is going straight to hell."
lol that would be funny as hell.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:30 AM

33,579 posts, read 37,212,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I'll bet the religious community had all kinds of excuses for such a traumatic event. I'm sorry.
Yup they sure did. Nothing good came out of any prayers that anyone tried. Life went downhill for our family...Mom was now a single parent.....Not an easy thing for a woman in those days.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,113,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
Those boaters off the coast of Texas beleive he does!

One of the experts on survival situations says that the fact they had faith, was one of the things that saved them. She said, even if you don't beleive in a higher power, you must have a strong belief that you will be rescued and you will have a much greater chance at surviving.
How about all those who have faith in dangerous situations such as wars and still end up getting blown to bits? You never hear from them or anything about their stories, do you? Their numbers are much higher and those who had faith and lived. I guess that's another one of those things we can file under "his will" as an excuse.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:45 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,886,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
When Jesus says we can ask for anything we have to remember that our asking must be in in His name and God will not grant requests contrary to His nature or will. We cannot use this as a magic formula or fulfill selfish desires.
Sorry but there is no such proviso in the verse. Ask me for ANYTHING and I will do it is what it says. It doesn't say 'Ask me and I'll have a think about it' or 'Ask me and I'll see what I can do'.

And who said anything about 'selfish desires'. As you probably know, Church leaders have been praying for world peace for decades. THAT isn't selfish...yet it hasn't happened. Why?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:52 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,157,016 times
I can only speak for myself when I say he does answer prayers. All of the things I ask of Him, He gives to me. EVERY SINGLE THING....maybe it's the way I pray, I don't know. But I know GOD is real and Jesus is real. I love HIM. And I used to be an atheist at one point in my young adult life. Then I asked God to show me he is real And he did. Boy did HE show me. It's a long and personal story that I only share with a select few. But it is miraculous nonetheless. I also had dreams where I could see my children before they were born, and I told people about it. They didn't believe, until my children were born, and they look exactly like I told them they looked like in my dreams. Yes, God IS real. It's too bad some people refuse HIM. HE will not force Himself upon us. We decide, whether we serve Him or someone else. We choose. I chose and I am glad I did.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
I can only speak for myself when I say he does answer prayers. All of the things I ask of Him, He gives to me. EVERY SINGLE THING....maybe it's the way I pray, I don't know. But I know GOD is real and Jesus is real. I love HIM. And I used to be an atheist at one point in my young adult life. Then I asked God to show me he is real And he did. Boy did HE show me. It's a long and personal story that I only share with a select few. But it is miraculous nonetheless. I also had dreams where I could see my children before they were born, and I told people about it. They didn't believe, until my children were born, and they look exactly like I told them they looked like in my dreams. Yes, God IS real. It's too bad some people refuse HIM. HE will not force Himself upon us. We decide, whether we serve Him or someone else. We choose. I chose and I am glad I did.
delusions, delusions, delusions!
Glad you're happy, Sad you're so naiive.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:27 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,332,939 times
Well, I wrote a prayer for rain in California Two days ago and it rained in Southern California today. Now, of course it is not enough rain, but it's a start, same thing with prayer, it's a start.
And more rain will come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality