Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,204,617 times

Advertisements

We all know that human body consist mostly of water, somewhere between 65-90% by weight. There are a lot of other elements such as Oxygen, Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Caclium, and list goes on.

That leads me to believe that first human came out of the water, not created from the dust of the earth.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 11:56 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,043,298 times
Science has proven this and the "missing link" between sea and land animals as been found (fossil), so I am SURE our origins were liquid

Old 10-08-2008, 12:05 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,204,617 times
Just wanted to hear it one more time.

So, why would any logical person believe in the "creation" by dust?

Old 10-08-2008, 12:49 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,272,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
We all know that human body consist mostly of water, somewhere between 65-90% by weight. There are a lot of other elements such as Oxygen, Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Caclium, and list goes on.

That leads me to believe that first human came out of the water, not created from the dust of the earth.

Thoughts?
muslims believed in that since 1400 years

Allah created every [living] creature from water. Some of them go on their bellies, some of them on two legs, and some on four. Allah creates whatever He wills. Allah has power over all things. (Qur'an, 24:45

Do those who disbelieve not see that the heavens and the Earth were sewn together and then We unstitched them and that We made from water every living thing? So won't they believe? (Qur'an, 21:30 )

And it is He Who created human beings from water and then gave them relations by blood and marriage. Your Lord is All-Powerful. (Qur'an, 25:54)

Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,272,627 times
Quote:

Your Lord said to the angels, " I am going to create a human being out of clay. When I have formed him and breathed My Spirit into him, fall down in prostration to him!" (Qur'an, 38:71-72)

Then inquire of them: Is it they who are stronger in structure or other things We have created? We created them from sticky clay. (Qur'an, 37:11)

When the human body is examined today, it may be discovered that many elements present on the earth are also to be found in the body. Living tissues contain 95% carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus and sulphur, with a total of 26 different elements. (Kevin Griffin, "The Elemental Composition of Life,") In another verse of the Qur'an we are told:

We created man from an extract of clay. (Qur'an, 23:12 )

The Arabic word " sulaalah," translated as "extract" in the verse, means "representative example, essence." As we have seen, the information revealed in the Qur'an 1,400 years ago confirms what modern science tells us-the fact that the same elements are employed in human creation as those found in the soil.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,874,768 times
Well, it was a wet dust. That is, clay. Clay, having a high porosity, can hold a lot of water. Clay porosities average around 60% ;-) That is not even for a pure clay. A pure clay would push that 5-10% higher water-holding capacity. Sand, OTOH, has a porosity of only about 35%.

Last edited by PanTerra; 10-08-2008 at 01:16 PM..

Old 10-08-2008, 01:29 PM

33,639 posts, read 37,321,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Well, it was a wet dust. That is, clay. Clay, having a high porosity, can hold a lot of water. Clay porosities average around 60% ;-) That is not even for a pure clay. A pure clay would push that 5-10% higher water-holding capacity. Sand, OTOH, has a porosity of only about 35%.
Oh really? The bible says all that.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:30 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,043,298 times
Quote:

"Logical" people do not.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:31 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,874,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh really? The bible says all that.
The Bible says "clay." I'm just telling a characterstic of clay. I better be carefull or AiG will jump on this little tidbit as a proof of creationism.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:50 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,928,888 times
Quote:
Where's Troop and MontanaGuy, you really really need to talk to one of them before you start calling Creationists illogical when you type a sentence like that.

No one, not a single (sane) Evolutionist is going to agree with you that the first human came out of the water.

Why do you think it's more logical to think humans came out of the water?

Can you name one other animal of aquatic nature that's anywhere near human? Many aquatic animals have certain aviary similarities, but I can't think of one that has any primate characteristics.

I might be wrong but one thing I am certain of......

......the first human did not come out of the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality