Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 01:56 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Can you name one other animal of aquatic nature that's anywhere near human? Many aquatic animals have certain aviary similarities, but I can't think of one that has any primate characteristics.
http://www.3dimages.co.uk/gallery/d/...+exBLagoon.jpg I couldn't resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 02:00 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
Quote:
Where's Troop and MontanaGuy, you really really need to talk to one of them before you start calling Creationists illogical when you type a sentence like that.

No one, not a single (sane) Evolutionist is going to agree with you that the first human came out of the water.

Why do you think it's more logical to think humans came out of the water?

Can you name one other animal of aquatic nature that's anywhere near human? Many aquatic animals have certain aviary similarities, but I can't think of one that has any primate characteristics.

I might be wrong but one thing I am certain of......

......the first human did not come out of the water.

No, not the first "human" but certainly the first life...which ultimately lead to the first humans. I believe most scientists and all Evolutionists will agree with this. I read and saw recently of fossils found on land that show a sea creature that was forming legs. Evolution from water to land. And I am pretty sure that is what the OP was about...and I think you know that as well

Old 10-08-2008, 02:02 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
No, not the first "human" but certainly the first life...which ultimately lead to the first humans. I believe most scientists and all Evolutionists will agree with this. I read and saw recently of fossils found on land that show a sea creature that was forming legs. Evolution from water to land. And I am pretty sure that is what the OP was about...and I think you know that as well
No, I don't know that. The OP was asking about the literal words in the bible and now you're saying I can not apply that same logic even to the OP.....

.....you don't see the double-standard there?

Old 10-08-2008, 02:02 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I knew there was one I wasn't remembering!

Old 10-08-2008, 02:05 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
I knew there was one I wasn't remembering!
Did you put on your 3-D glasses? Scary!

Old 10-08-2008, 02:41 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
Quote:
Where's Troop and MontanaGuy, you really really need to talk to one of them before you start calling Creationists illogical when you type a sentence like that.
Do you honestly think that creation of human by dust is logical?

Quote:

No one, not a single (sane) Evolutionist is going to agree with you that the first human came out of the water.
May be there are some insane ones out there.

Quote:
Why do you think it's more logical to think humans came out of the water?
I'm guess by the water content? It might not be logical at all, or shall i say, it's not more logical then human coming up from dust?? I'll take water over dust anytime in this content

Quote:

I might be wrong but one thing I am certain of......

......the first human did not come out of the water.
But are you certain that human came from dust?

Unless you don't believe in biblical creation, then i will withdraw my last question.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:05 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
Meh, we're all made from dust anyways...Stardust that is.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:05 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times
is there any problem if we said that human being created from water and also created from dust or clay ?

i can't see contradictions , if two of them are correct

Suppose I say that in order to make a cup of tea one needs water. One also needs tealeaves or tea powder. The two statements are not contradictory since both water and tealeaves are required in order to make a cup of tea. Furthermore if I want sweet tea I can even add sugar.

Thus there is no contradiction when it says that man is created from dust and water. It is not a contradiction but a contradistinction. Contradistinction means speaking about two different concepts on the same subject without conflict. For instance if I say that the man is always truthful and a habitual liar, it is a contradiction, but if I say that a man is always honest, kind and loving, then it is a contradistinction.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:59 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post

first human came out of the water

June hates to swim.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:20 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Alpha wrote:
Quote:
Well I'm here and I'm sure Troop will show up. You're right Alpha, the first human beings did not emerge from water. Water is necessary for life as we know it, even a potato has a large percentage of water in it's composition but I don't think any rational person believes that potatoes were once sea dwelling vegetables. However the very first forms of life did live in the oceans and evolved into a wide variety of forms in the Cambrian Explosion approximately 530 million years ago which resulted in the appearance of most of the major complex animals. I've watched an interesting documentary about the Burgess Shale in Canada which probably has provided the most abundant amount of fossil evidence from that time period but there's nothing even remotely resembling human beings in any aquatic environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality