Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 12:31 AM

309 posts, read 580,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
NO, I do NOT agree! You are here to defend MasterPath and Gary Olsen.
I'll suggest a language/semantic compromise or view:

What I am here for often results in what you see as a defense of MP, especially when your here to prosecute MP.

However I still don't content I am here for has nothing to do with defending MP, not in intent, drive, outcome, etc.
My 'intent' and how that intent comes alive in your view are different things

Perhaps thats nuance to you, to me being accurate, honest about my intent/heart is important.

I recently said I can be an arsehole or arrogant - you don't agree?

Last edited by allan1015; 07-31-2009 at 12:47 AM..

Old 07-31-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet11 View Post
Haha, sorry I thought you told me I didn't have to change...

But anyway, I don't think that quote was a particularly hostile one. Maybe you're projecting.
You don't have to, I just thought it would be nice. Its a wish, not a demand

I could be projecting, It could be your desensitized to me and consider me fair game.

Does it matter why? I've let you to know how it felt to me. Consider it as you will. I'll love you either way.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
But in any case, I'd be curious to know if you can approximate the year of this
It will be a chore to find which mp3 it is on, but Ill try. perhaps this weekend. or another chela might jump in.

Quote:
By the way, I'm not a Christian.
neither am I, wow common ground.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:06 AM

268 posts, read 457,813 times
Ugh. Not to beat a dead horse on the Jesus and Gary drawing, but even if we all agreed that Jesus taught the same thing as Gary, it's the false importance Gary places on himself by distributing that drawing as if he's equal to ANY historically famous teacher. It is SO not what a humble guru would do.

Okay, picture this group in a drawing:

The faces of Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, and then...at the forefront of the drawing...the face of Sanjayah from American Idol.

Actually not even Sanjayah. How about just the face of Joe Blow down the street who's singing karaoke in a bar, that's a better comparison.

That's how I see it as ludicrous. And lacking any humility. And megalomaniacal.

Last edited by Violet11; 07-31-2009 at 01:31 AM..

Old 07-31-2009, 01:48 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,041,173 times
Quote:
megalomaniacal.
Bingo!

Now lets watch/read how allan will CONTINUE to defend Gary!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:50 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,041,173 times
I cannot 'prosecute' Gary and Joy, but hopefully someday the authorities will.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:55 AM

Have a blessed day

Old 07-31-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I cannot 'prosecute' Gary and Joy, but hopefully someday the authorities will.
I'm with you, deepcynic. They're pretty far under the radar, but that could always change with a little publicity. A few calls and emails to local TV stations in Albequerque the week of their big meeting, combined with a slow news day...you never know. Cult leaders equal ratings. All they'd probably have to do is show that drawing of Gary, Jesus, and all the masters, and then watch all the local Christians freak out. Maybe even Fox News would jump on it, thinking Americans might be hungry for another exciting cult scare. Then their non-profit status gets investigated and it all implodes.

Uh oh, I think my karmic debt just skyrocketed just from joking like that.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I'm with you, deepcynic.... thinking Americans might be hungry for another exciting cult scare.
Actually what you describe is more like persecution then prosecution, th witch hunt kind of stuff.

at least as I understand the terms. But hey I am a bad speller so who knows.

It does make me wonder when people are willing to violate civil liberties, religious freedoms, encourage fear based approaches as a purposed way to address those they don't agree with. Not that you said that but your post just made me think of intolerance and that kind of stuff. I'm sure you meant more like public exposure of a fraud kind of thing. Interesting how thin the lines are. If the bulk of your issues come down to differences in spiritual belief systems, then it would seem more like intolerance then exposure, wouldn't it?

Last edited by allan1015; 07-31-2009 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 PM

1) It was a joke. See last line.

2) Persecution or prosecution, sure. What I was speculating of course, is that one could lead to the other.

3) The sleazy way our news media operates nowadays is clearly not under my control or yours, or anyone's really. That's how it works whether we like it or not. Sensationalism apparently sells. And if Christians are intolerant of their beloved savior being portayed on equal ground with some tan moustached guy who proclaims himself the way to God, that's not in our control either. Their liberties are protected too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality