Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:04 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,293,784 times

Advertisements

June really hates to admit this, but at the end of the day, from what she has consistently observed over time (professionally and otherwise) it's the

WOMEN

who "wear the pants," call the shots, and more often than not are the real heads of households.

Yes.

They are the ones who possess the emotional strength, the organizational skills, are the best planners, the best decision makers, the ones who intervene the most between children and school, the ones who plan the meals, cook the meals, purchase the groceries, shlepp the kids to the pediatrician, usually are the social planners, the coodinators of the family social life, and are experts at plotting, plannning, and above all, networking!

What makes them so, so, so incredibly good at what they do is the very fact that they know how to do it, while all the time letting their husbands think and feel that they (the men) have the autonomy and "head of household" status. It's not a consciously manipulative thing, (except when necessary) but rather, it's more an innate wisdom, an intuitive knowledge that women possess, along with being an unwritten, unspoken, handed down inter-generational mindset which they have "inherited" by way of observation from their mothers and grandmothers, etc.

Oh, and to you men and fathers out there who are reading this and saying "Yeah right! What the hell does June know? I'm a guy, and I know I am the head of my household!" then June would offer this: Ask yourselves how you react, when your adoring, precious daughters interact/engage with you... Trust me on this one: You empower them without even realizing you are doing so, as they know the moment you walk through the door that they've got you right where they want you. The true possessors of the male heart are the little girls that can look into their father's eyes, and say "Pleeeaaassse Daddy?" Those little girls know the true wisdom of their gender. Those little girls know the true way around any man's hardened, worn out, weary, tired heart. (And wallet, as well!) Those little girls have professed their love and loyalty to their fathers in an unwritten code of ethics that practically rises to the level of the American Constitution, and they have the inherent wisdom and ability to utilize that God given ability. --And why? Because they can. Because their Daddy's would sooner be taken behind enemy lines and tortured by terrorists than have to lose the narcissistic supplies that they receive from their daughters. Because it only takes one smile, one "yes" in order to see the sun rise in their daughter's eyes, and that, my friends, is what makes the world go round...

And thus begins the journey.

Take gentle "head of household" care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 05:23 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,471,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June really hates to admit this, but at the end of the day, from what she has consistently observed over time (professionally and otherwise) it's the

WOMEN

who "wear the pants," call the shots, and more often than not are the real heads of households.

Yes.

They are the ones who possess the emotional strength, the organizational skills, are the best planners, the best decision makers, the ones who intervene the most between children and school, the ones who plan the meals, cook the meals, purchase the groceries, shlepp the kids to the pediatrician, usually are the social planners, the coodinators of the family social life, and are experts at plotting, plannning, and above all, networking!

What makes them so, so, so incredibly good at what they do is the very fact that they know how to do it, while all the time letting their husbands think and feel that they (the men) have the autonomy and "head of household" status. It's not a consciously manipulative thing, (except when necessary) but rather, it's more an innate wisdom, an intuitive knowledge that women possess, along with being an unwritten, unspoken, handed down inter-generational mindset which they have "inherited" by way of observation from their mothers and grandmothers, etc.

Oh, and to you men and fathers out there who are reading this and saying "Yeah right! What the hell does June know? I'm a guy, and I know I am the head of my household!" then June would offer this: Ask yourselves how you react, when your adoring, precious daughters interact/engage with you... Trust me on this one: You empower them without even realizing you are doing so, as they know the moment you walk through the door that they've got you right where they want you. The true possessors of the male heart are the little girls that can look into their father's eyes, and say "Pleeeaaassse Daddy?" Those little girls know the true wisdom of their gender. Those little girls know the true way around any man's hardened, worn out, weary, tired heart. (And wallet, as well!) Those little girls have professed their love and loyalty to their fathers in an unwritten code of ethics that practically rises to the level of the American Constitution, and they have the inherent wisdom and ability to utilize that God given ability. --And why? Because they can. Because their Daddy's would sooner be taken behind enemy lines and tortured by terrorists than have to lose the narcissistic supplies that they receive from their daughters. Because it only takes one smile, one "yes" in order to see the sun rise in their daughter's eyes, and that, my friends, is what makes the world go round...

And thus begins the journey.

Take gentle "head of household" care.
Not fair! Sometimes I go grocery shopping with my wife!

But I agree 100%.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:38 AM

810 posts, read 1,439,086 times
June,
3 out of my(our) 4 are girls and you are SOOOOOOOOO right!!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:59 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,539,368 times
june for president!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-13-2008 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: fixin it

Old 08-13-2008, 06:02 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,293,784 times
And thus, June shall hold all fathers who are "heads of household" in her heart today...Disillusionment comes at such a high price.

"Thank you, Daddy! Oh, thank you! I love you, love you, love you Daddy! You're the best Dad in the whole world!"

^ --And thus the universe was recreated, the sun rose, and life had purpose and meaning.

Thus sayeth June.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:27 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,709,259 times
JUNE, You go girl....
Love YOUR post....and soooo true!

JUNE FOR PRESIDENT! YES......
Had to get up from computer and do a little ***, I got so excited....

blue..... I second that!!! You know how to get in contact with me to start the campaigning!!

Sorry weather, couldn't pass the opportunity up..... Back to the OP!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 02:03 PM

513 posts, read 578,573 times
There are some great posts on this thread! I will just add a few things from the perspective of a Christian marriage that I believe address the relationship a little more accurately.

Ephesians 5:22 "Wives submit to your husbands as to the Lord, for the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church"

This is one of the most misused verses in the Bible! Most people read this to mean that the husband has authority over the wife, and that the wife must obey him. In reality, the original greek work used for "submit" is different than the one used for obedience of children to their parents.

Remember that the analogy made in the Bible is not "as with children and their parents," it is "as Christ is the head of the church." Jesus is the spiritual leader for the church (and Savior, but of course men cannot save). The writer, Paul, knew that in Christian marriages that spiritual matters are not always agreed upon. When it comes to families (their importance and power), someone has to have a final say in determining where God is leading them. In times where a mutual agreement cannot be made, the husband is to make the final decision (but actually it is God's decision) as he is appointed the spiritual leader of the family (by God, not by people). But hold on a minute...

Read the previous verse; Eph:21 "Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ." Both husband and wife (and indeed all people) are called to submit to each other within the relationship, in love. In doing so, we also submit to Christ and God.

But read even further, this is what most people never look at with regards to marriage. Eph 5:25 "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her." and verse 28, "In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church - for we are members of his body."

Christ gave up his life for His church (body of believers), and husbands are called to devote themselves fully to their wives in the same way. Jesus cherises and loves His church above himself, and husbands are called to this as well. How can a husband devote even his life to his wife and yet rule over her? He cannot. He must also humble himself before God and share in the mutual submission they are called to. Husbands and wives are called to submit to one another and to God, but with slightly diferent roles.

One more example, go all the way back to Genesis 2. Verse 18: The Lord God said, "It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

A helper is just that; someone to be a partner, not an inferior or slave. Genesis goes on to say that woman was formed from man, or the same flesh. They are to become one flesh again in marriage.

Sorry for the novel, but I think marriage is a huge deal, one that is taken too lightly and for granted these days.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:06 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,248,879 times
Originally Posted by distortedlogic
Quote:
After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church - for we are members of his body.
Correction, some people don't take good care of themselves because they find helping others more important than taking care of themselves.
Unfortunately these people also have a greater chance to completely burn themselves up or becoming stressed and / or depressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality