Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 08:52 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,210,826 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of people on here don't know what the word homosexual means. It means you have an attraction to people of the same sex. Nothing more. Sex has nothing to do with that. It's something extra.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:54 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,700,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Gotcha.. so if (and when) science concludes that people are born gay..

they are screwed. Because no matter what.. they will have those desires

ahh but see.. I didn't mention lust. I mentioned love.

Right.. which is why I said love.. and not lust..

Again.. which is why I mentioned love.... and didn't mention anything about perverted sexual desires (as you did).
You're a trooper bigthirsty ... but you'll never win your arguement. LUST is how they feel it..oops, sorry, I meant to say "see" it : )

Old 07-02-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
1 Corinthians 6:9

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolators, not adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

1 Corinthians 6:10

"Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

This is not hiding behind God's Word this proclaiming God's Word. You choose not to listen because then you might have to change your lifestyle which is not convenient for you.
Hummm.... so far, I think Lesbians are exempt? Unless they are "effeminate" lesbians : ))

Old 07-02-2008, 09:17 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,592,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Hummm.... so far, I think Lesbians are exempt? Unless they are "effeminate" lesbians : ))

Nice try...but I don't think that arguement will work.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Nice try...but I don't think that arguement will work.
why not? All I've seen and or heard so far about lesbians is "unnatural". Well it's all a mute point anyway as I live by the 10 commandments - God's Law - period!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:23 AM

13,053 posts, read 13,006,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I think a lot of people on here don't know what the word homosexual means. It means you have an attraction to people of the same sex. Nothing more. Sex has nothing to do with that. It's something extra.
Homosexuality - Definitions from Dictionary.com

Quote:
Sexual desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one's own sex.

Sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

Sexual activity with another of the same sex.

A sexual attraction to (or sexual relations with) persons of the same sex
These are all definitions from various sources.

The key word is "sexual" and it is either associated with a "thought for" which I already discussed or an "action of".

Old 07-02-2008, 09:25 AM

13,053 posts, read 13,006,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
why not? All I've seen and or heard so far about lesbians is "unnatural". Well it's all a mute point anyway as I live by the 10 commandments - God's Law - period!
One can not negotiate with God. Those who pick and choose do not follow him, but dictate to him what they will follow.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:29 AM

8,419 posts, read 16,304,702 times
Question What would Jesus do?

Originally Posted by Nomander
Quote:
One can not negotiate with God. Those who pick and choose do not follow him, but dictate to him what they will follow.
So is Jesus contradicting God when he tells you that you should love a gay man or women as much as you love yourself?
Or that you should treat homosexuals the same way you yourself want to be treated?

Old 07-02-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
"...in your opinion" - you forgot to add that part to your post. And where did I say I pick and choose? I don't agree with the bible.. it's a book..a story... a translation..an intreptation by man for man.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:42 AM

61,254 posts, read 87,833,533 times
the practice of homosexuality is condemned in some religions. dropping your membership in that group if you are homosexual would be appropriate and show good standards. i dont think attacking others is appropriate for any church group. i dont think gay militant groups attempting to change a church or attack it is appopriate.
gay churches already exist join them if you wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality