Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:04 AM

56 posts, read 103,316 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the reply GCSTroop,

I understand where you’re coming from. If I would have waited another day, I would have posted a little more differently and mature, I am only 24 so I still have a lot to learn. I always try and respect every one and there beliefs. I just don’t think they take the time to sit back and think about what it is that we believe and why. They tend to twist the scientific data and physical information that disproves the things they believe. I don’t understand why any one would do that. That’s like tom cruise believing we came from alien spirits, yet his religion is founded by a science fiction writer who has never seen an alien, yet people follow it…. I don’t mean to bash a religion or any ones beliefs but I don’t understand how some one that’s intelligent would believe in creation and the earth being 3,000 years old, or why god didn’t mention the planets or dinosaurs in the bible, at the time these things where unknown to man and would of provided more than proof that god is all knowing but at the time these where unknown and not mention for that reason. To believe in something extraordinary and dedicate our short lives to it requires extraordinary evidence. Why give humans such a complex brain and then say just believe and don’t question anything. Okay enough rambling on things that nobody can answer. I guess I am different in that regard as I want to know what every religion believes in and why but at the same time I am questioning it the whole time not because I am afraid of religion but because I am only here once and think we can make a bigger impact in our ripple of time if its spent helping others and our planet , instead of siting in a church on sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 05:03 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,703,233 times
Karrsquest, I want to respond to you in a positive way, I find it commendable for you to stick by your convictions at such a young age and you are to be commended for that. I too am a great admirer and supporter of both MontanaGuy and GCSTroop, I find their intellect and wisdom very admirable and that they also do a commendable job of sticking by their convictions and are willing to explain them to anybody who asks in a very intelligent way. I am of a different belief then most of the people who post on this thread, my culture is not one that is threatening to anybody else's beliefs or non-beliefs, I believe that everybody is entitled to be respected and that is more important than any religion or non-religion, to treat each other as human beings and as equals, that is all we can ask for and that is all that should be expected, nothing more.
Know that from my culture you will always be respected for your convictions, whatever they may be.osay

Last edited by ptsum; 06-09-2008 at 05:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality