Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:56 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,650,225 times

Advertisements

Something that is important to remember.....blasphemy is in the eye of the beholder. The Jews that burned the New Testament books were not committing blasphemy to their way of thinking.
Frankly, this is the risk evangelists take.......not everybody is going to be receptive to your message. People may slam a door in your face. Your sacred texts may be burned. Hey, its the risk you take. Besides we really don't know how incredibly obnoxious the evangelists were in giving their message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 06:00 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,590,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Excuse me, but it was not meant that way. I never once said I was a Christian. I simply stated that I do not understand the absolute support by Christians of people who believe their religion is false. Truth be told, I am not a Christian. But I have read the Bible, the Koran, and parts of the Torahs. Being informed about differences in religion does not make my post an evangelical statement. Agnostic, atheist, etc. makes no difference to me. When I made a reference to "us", I meant all people, religions,etc. Not just Christians.
I stand corrected!

Old 05-28-2008, 06:02 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,590,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Something that is important to remember.....blasphemy is in the eye of the beholder. The Jews that burned the New Testament books were not committing blasphemy to their way of thinking.
Frankly, this is the risk evangelists take.......not everybody is going to be receptive to your message. People may slam a door in your face. Your sacred texts may be burned. Hey, its the risk you take. Besides we really don't know how incredibly obnoxious the evangelists were in giving their message.
Amen brother/sister!

Old 05-28-2008, 07:22 PM

43 posts, read 38,994 times
Quote:
Personally, I don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of this. I figured everyone would know by now that the Israeli people and their religion are not accepting of other people or their religion. Why they are supported by so many Christians is strange to me seeing as how they do not believe in Jesus as their savior.
Simple - The Jews are part of the whole Biblical fairytale story about the end times. See, according to Revelations the second coming will not take place until the Jews have their own nation restored and they all return there from being dispersed throughout the nations of the earth. When Jebus returns, many of the Jews are supposedly going to see the errors of their ways and convert to Christianity (though which of the 1000 flavors of Christianity is up for grabs).

Therefore, by supporting the Jews the Christians believe they are serving God's "master plan" and fulfilling "prophesy" (and as we all know, no "prophesy" in The Bible has ever come true without the aid of religious kooks making it happen).

Oh yeah, these are the same people currently in control of our government and nuclear arsenal. Pretty scary huh?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:51 PM
MJ3

17 posts, read 38,947 times
Quote:
Personally, I don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of this. I figured everyone would know by now that the Israeli people and their religion are not accepting of other people or their religion. Why they are supported by so many Christians is strange to me seeing as how they do not believe in Jesus as their savior. In fact, if you read from the Torah, you will find that to them we are all lowly creatures undeserving of their God's love and acceptance. The burning of those bibles was just their way of speaking what they have hidden for years. The only real reason they are allied with us is for our protection. Because believe me, no matter how many weapons we have armed them with, they could not hold off the other Middle Eastern countries without us. So they stay on good diplomatic terms and let our more primitive people fight for them. Now, this is not intended as a smear against the Jewish people, just a means to point out that they are not as loving toward us as many of us are towards them. And also to illustrate why to them, they did nothing but burn a book of lies. A book that to so many Christians here, means salvation.
I agree, the Jews are the Chosen People and everyone else is beneath them, including the Christians. It has been through mass manipulation and Money that the State of Israel has been allowed to flourish at the expense of America and Christians.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,308,719 times
There's a big difference between Jews and Israeli's.

MJ3, your comment reeks of religious bigotry. Your comment "even christians" reeks of your personal religious bias.
I don't know of any Jews or Israelis having much of an opinion of Buddhists, Hindu ro any of the Eastern philosophies or religions.
Then again, the eastern religions are not going into another country trying to convert and stir up stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality