Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I want the Atheism/Agnosticism sub-forum to be added and I am...
...an atheist or agnostic interested in disussions with other atheists or agnostics 27 87.10%
...interested in posing non-confrontational questions to atheists or agnostics and learning more about this worldview 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:23 PM

33,657 posts, read 37,475,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisKr View Post
A good question to ask is: is the atheist is more or less at the solution of the problem for knowing than the agnostic? Another good one is the attitude of history for the agnostic tendency to understand how people measure up to ANXIETY for the passed proven changes.
I don't know why but I always have a very difficult time trying to figure out what you are trying to say, but maybe it's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 03:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,431,022 times
sanspeur, nope. not just you at all.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:38 AM
ARC

181 posts, read 789,552 times
Default I would be interested in such a sub-forum

I am interested in meeting and discussing issues with free-thinkers. I am not interested in debating religion with anyone, as I was raised in a Christian denomination and have read the Bible cover to cover and completely understand why I don't believe in it. No one on the face of this earth could change my mind.

I am interested in talking to other parents who are raising agnostic/athesist children, how they deal with the holidays, family members who still believe and go to church, etc.

Why hasn't the sub-forum opened yet?

Old 06-08-2008, 06:15 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,586,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
To be honest I don't like the underlying feeling of hostility towards people who are religious that I'm picking up on some of these comments. I don't post in the Christianity forum because I'm not a Christian and I don't feel like I belong there but I don't want to put a "Stay Out" sign to religious people if they want to ask a question in an atheist subforum. I do agree that it wouldn't be an appropriate place to tell all of us atheists that we're going to hell but as I recall when the Christianity forum was created there wasn't a statement made to atheists to steer clear of that forum. I don't want to create an even greater division between atheists and believers and I'm concerned that creating an atheist subforum will do exactly that. There are religious people on this forum who I really respect like Alpha, Blue and ILNC who have been around a long time and I feel like I have an understanding of their viewpoint. Is it really necessary to form into groups with similar opinions or would it be more beneficial to try to understand what people are thinking who have a completely different perception of the world that we live in?
I don't think anyone should steer clear. I am affraid it will become a place for people to come to try and save souls. Here we are with a sign on our foreheads that reads "The Great Unwashed" and you know there will be people who want to push their religion so they can convert a few souls so they can have extra stars in their crown.
That would be rather pointless and more then just a little annoying. I think it would be cool if people who are religious used it to UNDERSTAND what we believe and do not believe but I am not sure the bulk of them are capable of that. I don't think they WANT to understand, I think they WANT to save us from ourselves. As long as they live with that kind of arrogance and are allowed to force it upon people like me in an atheist forum, I don't see it working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality