Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 09:19 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,439,354 times

Advertisements

Hey my dear friend moon!!

Today smile and thank the universe for existing, for creating you an special and unique being, with the capacity of loving and enjoying life to the max.

Be happy for the light of the sun, for the color of the winter sky, be happy for no reason, just be happy and smile from the bottom of your soul!

With love we were created, to be loved we were created, and to love we were created, we can destroy the darkest night or defeat the worst evil with the light of our soul, but when facing love we are nothing but a defenseless child, because that's our essence.

Peace, Love, Light and Harmony!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 10:21 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

Today smile and thank the universe for existing, for creating you an special and unique being, with the capacity of loving and enjoying life to the max.

Be happy for the light of the sun, for the color of the winter sky, be happy for no reason, just be happy and smile from the bottom of your soul!

With love we were created, to be loved we were created, and to love we were created, we can destroy the darkest night or defeat the worst evil with the light of our soul, but when facing love we are nothing but a defenseless child, because that's our essence.

Just returning briefly to the train station: You, friend, may need a trained shaman to deal with your backside! Just for integrity's sakes and some forgotten mistakes in early childhood training!

Old 01-10-2009, 10:45 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,012 times
Quote:

Smiling with your words. Thank you

Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:

Such good words to start the day with, brings a smile to your face just thinking about them..

Old 01-10-2009, 03:07 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
Hi everyone.
Love to all of you in the circle.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:39 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,586 times
Since my husband has died, I rarely post on the Religion forum, although I do still read through some of it. It just really can't generate enough of my interest to say much of anything. I read through the many different threads, and I just find myself shaking my head. So many of the topics that once seemed so important to throw my two cents worth in about, now seem so unimportant, petty, and nonsensical. People continuing to argue about whose beliefs are correct and true. Who has the right religious book, or the correct theology. Why that person, or group of people, is wrong, and this one is right and good. Why God will accept these people, but not those ones...

It is unfortunate that humans cannot seem to to grasp the concept that our time would be better spent trying to actually understand one another, and to give each other the room we need to approach our Creator in the way that is best for each of us, to allow our spirituality to grow at it's own pace, and in it's own way. How arrogant humans are to presume that they know the best spiritual path for everyone else to take, yet to have the temerity to get angry when everyone else responds in kind.

Grieving is exhausting work, and it is, (and will continue to be), a very long, hard road for me to travel, and I have very little time, patience, or energy for discussions that bring my heart, soul, and spirit no peace. I am grateful for this, our sacred circle, where we can each share with, and accept one another, and not waste time arguing, trying to "prove" our "truth" to everyone around us. May we all continue to remember that, as the saying goes, we are spiritual beings having a human experience. Our Creator's blessings to each of you here in our circle.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:05 PM

283 posts, read 597,795 times
when I as 13 five of my friends and I all sat in a weird circle too. It was disturbing, but fun. If this circle is anything like that then I will play along.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:17 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,621,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
It is unfortunate that humans cannot seem to to grasp the concept that our time would be better spent trying to actually understand one another, and to give each other the room we need to approach our Creator in the way that is best for each of us, to allow our spirituality to grow at it's own pace, and in it's own way.
Well said sis! I stay out of most debates now as well, just a different season I guess.

Love and peace to you CL,

- Byron

Old 01-11-2009, 07:53 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times
Arrow Hello again,

not in for long, lost my handbag and bifocals, thought this will make great stuff for an eerie holli-bolli... sitcom

a little lolek and boled interspersed perhaps and the screen actors' new school has no trouble finding kids to deceive ... nice and secret, but sacred?

Saw not only moving but also touching features here, long ago.

YouTube - Raven Magick: Native American Flute - Blues MAMA Original

Full moon cleansing today? At one time it looked like the Sacred Circle and indeed this entire forum could become an enlightenment intenstive - instead of a law to themselves.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:07 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Who will sit with me in the sacred circle of peace, harmony and understanding.
Among my culture we have a tradition that has existed for centuries.

Whenever we come together to discuss things of great importance it is always done within the sacred circle. Anyone is welcome to come and sit within the sacred circle and participate in the discussions, however all animosity, hatred and prejudice are left outside of the sacred circle, these things are not allowed within its confines and each individual who steps within the sacred circle is expected to help govern it and be responsible to see to it that peace, harmony, and understanding prevail within the sacred circle.

So now my brothers and sisters, I invite you to step within the sacred circle and tell us about your beliefs or non-beliefs without criticism or animosity to one another.

Remember, all are welcomed here who come with a good heart.

I see from time to time there are new people who wish to step into the sacred circle and join us and for that reason I will bring this first post forward so that all the new people that step within the circle can read and understand the original purpose of the sacred circle. It is always good to have new faces and new beliefs, for this is how we learn about each other and come to a better understanding and in doing so we learn to respect each whether we believe the same way or not, by sitting and talking and listening we come to have a better understanding of each other and learn to respect each.osay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality