Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times

Advertisements

Fascinating commentary about our nation..............

Stop and Hear the Music - YouTube

This Washington Post video and article describes what happened when Joshua Bell, the famous violinist with a $3.5 million violin, set up beside a trash can in a busy metro station in Washington, DC. What the music director of the National Symphony Orchestra guessed when asked about it “…out of 1,000 people, my guess is there might be 35 or 40 who will recognize the quality for what it is. Maybe 75 to 100 will stop and spend some time listening.”
  • Joshua played for 45 minutes during rush hour in the metro station.
  • Joshua was dressed in street clothes.
  • The first donation came after three minutes. A woman gave Joshua one dollar.
  • After six minutes one person stood to watch.
  • 27 people in total gave money. He earned $32.
  • 1070 people passed by without a glance.
  • About three people were extremely impressed.
  • One person recognized him and watched the rest of the show.
  • A crowd never formed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Fascinating commentary about our nation..............

Stop and Hear the Music - YouTube

This Washington Post video and article describes what happened when Joshua Bell, the famous violinist with a $3.5 million violin, set up beside a trash can in a busy metro station in Washington, DC. What the music director of the National Symphony Orchestra guessed when asked about it “…out of 1,000 people, my guess is there might be 35 or 40 who will recognize the quality for what it is. Maybe 75 to 100 will stop and spend some time listening.”
  • Joshua played for 45 minutes during rush hour in the metro station.
  • Joshua was dressed in street clothes.
  • The first donation came after three minutes. A woman gave Joshua one dollar.
  • After six minutes one person stood to watch.
  • 27 people in total gave money. He earned $32.
  • 1070 people passed by without a glance.
  • About three people were extremely impressed.
  • One person recognized him and watched the rest of the show.
  • A crowd never formed.
And put first nation to play a Mother Natures free flute to a white country and there is a circle of flirting girls around him and hippies to bow and hug him

Old 02-17-2012, 07:07 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
I come to say Thank you, I appreciate the company and wisdom I had sought when I first came to this, a SACRED circle. Thank you for helping me when I was alone and afraid and in pain and without leadership or direction. Thank you for showing me love and compassion, thank you for your understanding of my human condition. Thank you for showing me all the elements I am to experience as a whole person does, and the "right way" or the Red path as some call it. Thank you for teaching me what Honor is and what the word Sacred means in today's reality. Thank you to those who know I want world peace and could-not fathum why it cannot happen, thank you for showing me why it cannot happen. Thank you for showing me that which I should be able to trust the most, I can actually trust the least. Thank you for showing me all those I idolised as hero's of freedom are in reality the villans of world trade, in disguise. Thank you for helping me with the courage I needed to question authority and to watch who benefits and who is sacrificed first. I asked for honesty and I got that thank you. I am an honorable person, not perfect in any way, only can do my personal best with what I have, and I am grateful for the gifts of knowledge you shared with me. Sorry if I may have been harsh when I learned our family history and how we tried to live peaceably among the Native Americans and to try to create the Religious Tolleration Act and we wrote to the powers that were to free the slaves of every color, and yet we ended up somehow with a reputation of being "responcible" for slavery, the slaughter of the Indians and our church has changed to tollerate things it stood against staunchly and died in fires because of, I see now why, and who we are, and what intention the enemies of Freedom have always had to keep people ignorant so you have a false sense of security and patriotism, that never was what we intended in America. Thank you for waking me up. Thank you for the humiliation, it is all part of the balence of understanding. Thank you for the free education. Thank you for the hugs and well wishes, and good advice. I give you my love, which I seem to have always had an abundance of for all people who intend no harm upon each other or this earth. Peace. The circle here does not feel sacred anymore so I have to go, it has truely been a pleasure to get to know you all.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:46 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
I come to say Thank you, I appreciate the company and wisdom I had sought when I first came to this, a SACRED circle. Thank you for helping me when I was alone and afraid and in pain and without leadership or direction. Thank you for showing me love and compassion, thank you for your understanding of my human condition. Thank you for showing me all the elements I am to experience as a whole person does, and the "right way" or the Red path as some call it. Thank you for teaching me what Honor is and what the word Sacred means in today's reality. Thank you to those who know I want world peace and could-not fathum why it cannot happen, thank you for showing me why it cannot happen. Thank you for showing me that which I should be able to trust the most, I can actually trust the least. Thank you for showing me all those I idolised as hero's of freedom are in reality the villans of world trade, in disguise. Thank you for helping me with the courage I needed to question authority and to watch who benefits and who is sacrificed first. I asked for honesty and I got that thank you. I am an honorable person, not perfect in any way, only can do my personal best with what I have, and I am grateful for the gifts of knowledge you shared with me. Sorry if I may have been harsh when I learned our family history and how we tried to live peaceably among the Native Americans and to try to create the Religious Tolleration Act and we wrote to the powers that were to free the slaves of every color, and yet we ended up somehow with a reputation of being "responcible" for slavery, the slaughter of the Indians and our church has changed to tollerate things it stood against staunchly and died in fires because of, I see now why, and who we are, and what intention the enemies of Freedom have always had to keep people ignorant so you have a false sense of security and patriotism, that never was what we intended in America. Thank you for waking me up. Thank you for the humiliation, it is all part of the balence of understanding. Thank you for the free education. Thank you for the hugs and well wishes, and good advice. I give you my love, which I seem to have always had an abundance of for all people who intend no harm upon each other or this earth. Peace. The circle here does not feel sacred anymore so I have to go, it has truely been a pleasure to get to know you all.

OrionsAngel, something sacred is whatever you perceive it to be, it is what you make it to be. You have learned much and yet there is much more to learn. We all have good and bad things in our past, but we cannot be held responsible for those things that happened in the past, whether good or bad and that is what we have to learn from in order to go forward in the future, so we don't make the same mistakes that our ancestors did. Life is forever a learning process, when we stop learning, we stop living. You have always been a welcome member of the sacred circle and so it will forever be. We learn from each other, as it should be.osay if

Old 02-17-2012, 09:01 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
OrionsAngel, I'm sorry that you feel that you have to leave the circle. Granted, we haven't discussed spirituality so much in the later threads, but I feel that enjoying good company, some goodnatured teasing and laughter has a place in the circle. When the Creator hears our laughter, he knows his people are happy with his creation. What better praise could he hear?

Old 02-17-2012, 09:59 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
Thank you for the humiliation, it is all part of the balence of understanding.
Please, do not seriously think like that. People who want to humiliate you are not worth of anything and last they are worth of respect. It is like sticking your brains out during your ears, do not let it change you Be strong

Old 02-18-2012, 08:44 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
OrionsAngel, something sacred is whatever you perceive it to be, it is what you make it to be. You have learned much and yet there is much more to learn. We all have good and bad things in our past, but we cannot be held responsible for those things that happened in the past, whether good or bad and that is what we have to learn from in order to go forward in the future, so we don't make the same mistakes that our ancestors did. Life is forever a learning process, when we stop learning, we stop living. You have always been a welcome member of the sacred circle and so it will forever be. We learn from each other, as it should be.osay if
Thanks for reminding me, that we all live in our own little world, none of us are really on the same page of what is right and wrong, we hear things differently, we understand motives differently and we all seem to make ourselves right and all else is full of sh**. It is hard for humans to resist temptation of greed and ego, and that..explains the differences of perception of all things material and emotional. I have not mastered my own ego and I percieve greed differently than as "a right to prosperity", which I seem to have the most trouble defining. I get humiliated, when people place me in a rank and file of level of income, judging me by what I accumulated wealth wise...that is to me the most &%%$*#(#ed up thing next to what color skin I have, then the rank of male or female, oh for *^$^% sake! I must embrace humiliation, feel it, dont just resist it, understand it, so I wont become an ego freak and be an AH like the people I despise for thier judgements. Maybe I am so uncomfortable now because I am being invaded like never before, I never had to feel so defensive of my acts of freedom as simple as antler hunting. I wanted to tell you a long time ago I feel threatened where I am now. I wanted to tell you that the nasty Sheriff slash "outfitting" service of my hometown county that had humiliated me with a trespassing ticket in 2005 so they could make antler hunters look bad so they can close a public hunting road to the trophy elk where they winter and drop their sheds and it is a Draw Unit so they can sell outfitting services privatley on public land, they also control it by pretending they are the Law Enforcement! They threatened to take my truck, 4 wheeler, whatever I had in it when they would confiscate my belongings if they wanted to remove me from their newfound playland, they let me know they could arrest me throw me in jail, ruin my decent reputation about my hometown which I was 4th generation homesteder of, and because I couldnt afford a lawyer, they had me...they brought that bull**** tresspassing ticket to my job while I was also starving through college at age 43! They runied my hard pounded effort to be able to make more money to keep up with those Jones ya know, they brought the ticket to a restaurant-bar I worked at to let the rumor mill of the town ruin my reputation and be the gossip to work in their favor. The Judge was also a member of their outfitting service and prospered personally from her high ranking position to hand down wrongful judgement on innocent citizens they need to remove because we refuse to lay down and give up our freedom. They hated me, I quoted all the laws reguarding "Public right of ways",Homested Act,Taylor Grazing ACT,Official proceedure to "Trespass" someone, I heard from a friend, "you should have seen them all flock to the courthouse the next Monday after I quoted all those things, the law enforcement men didnt even know the law"..I wanted to puke. It was my first experience of the false feeling I had that they were there to serve and protect me, and they were there to cash in from their places of trust. Well sir, that rotten sheriff wasnt re-elected (I had moved away from my hometown because I feared them), he now is a Lt. in the tiny town I live in now! He hasnt yet interrupted my travels, but knowing I put a kink in his plan to outfit illegally, I expect he will retalliate... I have been hearing new "cannons" guns going off at the rifle range for about a year now, 10 shots at a time, every day last summer and fall and into the winter longer than before, then I read a paper discussing they are the Sheriff's dept men here in this county, they are the Lt. I speak of from my haunted past, they are firing the guns of Dillon Klebold and Eric Harris for fun, and the gun of Marvin Heemeyer! The local man who built a bulldozer because the corruption here had him so twisted he felt he had no other way to express his discontent with their wrongful business from trusted public places. He was not a bad man, I have met his friends and they did explain his position to me. So there you have it, I have no trusted law enforcement, no matter what county in the State of Colorado I look into or have lived and experienced. I am so disgusted with false sense of security, false Division of wildlife prospering from the animals not protecting them, National Park services altering their own rules and fensing out the Elk cause they are eating the vegitation, oh bull****, it's all about fat cash. This is all I can stand. This is a bad bad country full of sick politicians who are liars from hell, and I hope to God they go to hell soon, I know I am not supposed to hope for such things but I cant help it, I am outnumbered.(not the first time though ) I want to go on living, but not as somebody's slave, patsy or other assorted useful subject that doesnt have a pot to **** in, because they wont let me even earn one! Yes sir I am so pissed off that my coat of arms is denied my honorable Scotland Royalty bloodline, no different were we than Sir William Wallace, in fact he was OUR NEIGHBOR and Guardian of Scotland same title held by Mures of Rowallan. The Confederacy started by Rory O'More , yep another blood relative, no wonder I am so mad. There's hardly a true Poor Knight of Christ left alive.
If I do have to go to hell, it will only be for cussing, I wont build a bulldozer, even though I think I should.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:11 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,012 times
Default A gift for the circle.

Prologue by Loreena McKennitt/Quotes from Rumi - YouTube

Old 02-19-2012, 12:25 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,012 times
Default Be certain in the religion of love there are no believers or unbelievers, love embraces all. Rumi

The Alchemy of Love: Rumi Poetry (pt.3) - YouTube

Old 02-21-2012, 09:56 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
OA, there is an old quote from 100 BC by Bion of Smyrna that says "Though boys throw stones at frogs in sport, the frogs do not die in sport, but in earnest."

The point is that bad things happen to people, not through design or deliberate malice, not to individualize or make personal the bad things, but simply because it happens. When the car, driving down the highway, kills an armadillo or possum, it isn't because the driver was angry at the animal. It happens.

One of the things we learn early, I think, is that we need to live life with caution. Don't take a nap on a dark highway. Live "off the grid" and "out of sight." This becomes more and more urgent these days when alternate behavior is treated with drugs and disciplinary actions. It reminds me of the John Candy movie "Uncle Buck" where the principal is deriding the girl as being a "silly heart" and a "bad child." the world is going to try to bend you and force you into a shape you don't feel and one you don't want. So you have to keep yourself whole as you feel you should be and allow them to see the shape they want to see. Whether it is here or elsewhere, find friends that you can show yourself, as you see yourself, to......and find those friends that will accept you as you want to be accepted. If you don't, you will lose what is essential about you and the true you will be lost. Of course, then you can get a shrink to talk you through why the true you was an illusion and what society has developed for you is far superior and we have a drug for you and an app that will make you happier.

Something to remember, "If you cry over the loss of the sun, the tears will prevent you from seeing the stars."

Leave if you feel you must. But I, and others, will be here should you visit again........and the you you see yourself as will be welcomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality