Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 10:08 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Hello again, all. I have been away from this place far too long. Glad to get back.

-- Nighteyes
competition shooting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 10:36 PM

3,489 posts, read 6,507,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
competition shooting?
I wish...

Just glad to be here now.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:43 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
It's often interesting to look back to see how things have progressed, next month will mark the 33rd anniversary of an event that took place in Washington, DC, it was called The Longest Walk. It was an event where over 100 different Native American nations from all across the country came to Washington, DC to protest peacefully about some of the Laws that Congress was in the process of passing that would have taken away the sovereign rights of all the Native American Nations in this country, Native Americans from all over the country walked across the United States to gather in Washington, DC to peacefully protest those laws, I was one of many that participated in that peaceful protest, it was quite an event and I remember in particular a Grandfather Elder of the Hopi people who described the "Prophecy of The Rock". This Grandfather, David Monogye was 103 years old at the time. He described the prophecy as this. "The only way to survive these distructions (is that) we must stay together and pray together....... May the fragrance of love go into every human being." Grandfather Monogye said the prophecy, handed down through generations of oral tradition, warned of the time of "great corruption"...and many troubles not only among the Indians but all over the world.
I was present when these words were spoken and I see some of that prophecy coming true today, if we are to survive as human beings, then all races must come together as one, we're all brothers and sisters, we're all the same people and we must treat one another as one, otherwise we will never survive this life.osay

Old 06-18-2011, 01:45 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
It's often interesting to look back to see how things have progressed, next month will mark the 33rd anniversary of an event that took place in Washington, DC, it was called The Longest Walk. It was an event where over 100 different Native American nations from all across the country came to Washington, DC to protest peacefully about some of the Laws that Congress was in the process of passing that would have taken away the sovereign rights of all the Native American Nations in this country, Native Americans from all over the country walked across the United States to gather in Washington, DC to peacefully protest those laws, I was one of many that participated in that peaceful protest, it was quite an event and I remember in particular a Grandfather Elder of the Hopi people who described the "Prophecy of The Rock". This Grandfather, David Monogye was 103 years old at the time. He described the prophecy as this. "The only way to survive these distructions (is that) we must stay together and pray together....... May the fragrance of love go into every human being." Grandfather Monogye said the prophecy, handed down through generations of oral tradition, warned of the time of "great corruption"...and many troubles not only among the Indians but all over the world.
I was present when these words were spoken and I see some of that prophecy coming true today, if we are to survive as human beings, then all races must come together as one, we're all brothers and sisters, we're all the same people and we must treat one another as one, otherwise we will never survive this life.osay
The most wise of the wise men throughout history spoke/speak words that give the kind of message that David Monogye put forth...he was obviously one of those very wise men.

Your words in the closing of the post show that same kind of wisdom ptsum.

We can never hear that message enough:: For all to come together as one, love each other, and demonstrate that love in how we treat each other.

Someday, I hope.

Things like this Sacred Circle put forth that kind of vibe, and sows the seeds for that unity, peace, love, and respect.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:53 PM

YouTube - ‪Redbone-Wounded Knee‬‏

Old 06-19-2011, 10:34 AM

Happy Father's Day to all fathers out there. Hope your Day is filled with joy and peace! (A good ballgame and a special meal would be nice too.)

-- Nighteyes

Old 06-19-2011, 01:04 PM

764 posts, read 1,421,035 times
Happy Father's Day to fathers, grandfathers, uncles, step-dads and everyone else who has or had a role in child's (either two-legged human or four-legged and furry) life. :-)

Old 06-20-2011, 09:57 AM

Thought y'all might get a kick out of this. Its a 1993 Rod Stewart music video that was popular in Europe but was never released in the United States. The shotgun-totin', pipe-smokin', moonshine-drinkin' Granny is played by my feisty maternal Aunt Nita. She was 72 at the time, and turned ninety this year.

We've been looking high and low for this video. My cousin just found it last week.

YouTube - ‪Rod Stewart - Shotgun Wedding (Promo Video)‬‏

One side-note: During the filming, the director handed her a loaded gun and directed her to "shoot at that jug." She not only shot at it, but hit it dead-center. The director was amazed until she told him she was raised in rural Mississippi and, at the age of 9, was taught to shoot by her mother (my grandmother)!

Old 06-20-2011, 02:24 PM

Noticed she had a pipe in there for a bit........she still smoke? for medicinal purposes maybe?

Actually, that was great, thanks for sharing............

Old 06-21-2011, 11:54 AM

Aunt Nita never smoked, though I'm sure she tried it more than once. Her husband, Uncle L. T., smoked like a chimney. He died of lung cancer many years ago. Aunt Nita had a problem with drink when I was in my teens, but the fact that she's ninety years old and still kickin' pretty well confirms that she conquered it.

Glad you enjoyed it. [Sorta gives a clue as to where my own brand of foolishness comes from, doesn't it?]

-- Nighteyes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality