Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 06:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
we're in remission!!!!

just a little note...the night the abby sunderland went missing i placed her in the circle. i typed it then erased it but she was in this circle, just wanted you to know that.

we're in remission!!!!
Congratulations! That's great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 11:24 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
"In remission" is one of the sweetest phrases one could ever hear. I'm very happy about it!

Old 07-09-2010, 09:26 AM

764 posts, read 1,422,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
we're in remission!!!!

just a little note...the night the abby sunderland went missing i placed her in the circle. i typed it then erased it but she was in this circle, just wanted you to know that.

we're in remission!!!!
It's been a few days since I've visited the circle and this was the first message I read. Wonderful news!!! YAY!

Blessings,
pnc

Old 07-10-2010, 11:19 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,987,416 times
For Redbird, from Red Earth 2009.........the Kiowa Scalp Dance.......

Pow Wow TV - Your portal to Native American Tribal Culture Videos - Scalp Dancing - 2009 Red Earth (http://tv.powwows.com/video/2580/Scalp-Dancing--2009-Red-Earth - broken link)

Old 07-10-2010, 11:25 AM

251 posts, read 423,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Who will sit with me in the sacred circle of peace, harmony and understanding.
Among my culture we have a tradition that has existed for centuries.

Whenever we come together to discuss things of great importance it is always done within the sacred circle. Anyone is welcome to come and sit within the sacred circle and participate in the discussions, however all animosity, hatred and prejudice are left outside of the sacred circle, these things are not allowed within its confines and each individual who steps within the sacred circle is expected to help govern it and be responsible to see to it that peace, harmony, and understanding prevail within the sacred circle.

So now my brothers and sisters, I invite you to step within the sacred circle and tell us about your beliefs or non-beliefs without criticism or animosity to one another.

Remember, all are welcomed here who come with a good heart.

ptsum,

thank you for this sacred Circle ...

I'm muslim, I love islam,

Old 07-10-2010, 12:01 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
ptsum,

thank you for this sacred Circle ...

I'm muslim, I love islam,
imanway, welcome my brother of Islam, as you know tribal people meet in circles and all important matters are discussed in circles and all are equal, both men and women and all depart in peace. A lot can be learned from people of different faiths and beliefs when we sit in circles and talk with respect.osay

Old 07-10-2010, 12:21 PM

251 posts, read 423,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
imanway, welcome my brother of Islam, as you know tribal people meet in circles and all important matters are discussed in circles and all are equal, both men and women and all depart in peace. A lot can be learned from people of different faiths and beliefs when we sit in circles and talk with respect.osay

yes, it is good work..ptsum that we talk without bias

excuse me are you muslim? Or what

Old 07-10-2010, 12:44 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,987,416 times
imanway........you are welcome. I have known many muslims whom I both like and respect. I have also known those whom I don't. but this is the way all faiths are. Some are focused on converting others to their way of belief, thus disrespecting the faith and the beliefs of those others. Other muslims are simply willing to celebrate the fact that those around them are happy in their own, but different, faith. If you are among those who can celebrate my faith with me, then you are more than welcome. If you are one of those whose job it is to convert others, regardless of their current relationship with the creator, then that welcome will be withdrawn. I will assume that you are among those that can celebrate the faith of the Tsalaghi, the faiths of pele, ishtar, jesus, buddha, among the many others and welcome you.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:59 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
yes, it is good work..ptsum that we talk without bias

excuse me are you muslim? Or what
I am not Muslim nor Christian nor Jewish, my ancestry and beliefs are of Native American, Tsalagi the true name for the Cherokee people, I have a belief in a Creator, it is part of my culture and I have a belief that every living thing has a spirit and must be respected and that the earth is our mother, for without her we could not survive. You will find that among the many native tribes of this country that we have different names for the Creator, yet they are all one and the same just as you give your god the name of Allah we have a different name, however we believe that it is all one and the same and we just worship him/her in different ways and we believe that everyone is entitled to worship the Creator in their own way and not force that belief on others, it should be done by choice, if you force another individual to believe as you do, it is not the same, no two individuals believe the same way and that is the way it should be.osay

Old 07-10-2010, 01:18 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
thanks again everybody.
he's still doing great and is fleshing out more and more everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality