Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 12:19 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,166,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
One interpreting Rev. 5:13 could reasonably conclude that everyone is worshiping God in Heaven, but I suppose, as with any scripture, others can conclude differently. Regardless, that's not an activity in which I would want to participate.

My life in Heaven and Hell is realistically no more a concern for me than my life in the Land of Oz, as I don't have any reason to believe that either of the 3 exists. You might then reasonably ask why I would be commenting on life in Heaven. Primarily its because Heaven and/or Hell are typically used as the carrot and stick to convince me and others to accept Christianity, or other religions, as true. My comments are directed toward explaining some of the reasons I don't accept these claims as true. In this case, I would think that Heaven would provide an experience that corresponds to what I, as an individual, would consider euphoria. I don't see the Biblical descriptions of Heaven as any such place since ambition, accomplishment, and challenges aren't necessary or existent.
So what you are saying is that the Bible was written by lazy people?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 12:27 AM

10,073 posts, read 7,597,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So what you are saying is that the Bible was written by lazy people?...
look how many people it took to write it so lazy that one person couldn't be bothered writing it all

Old 11-27-2017, 07:28 AM

89,019 posts, read 85,546,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
look how many people it took to write it so lazy that one person couldn't be bothered writing it all
Haha. It would have had to be one very long-lived person!

Isaiah alone was written by three people over 150 years.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:37 AM

283 posts, read 371,699 times
How would you stop people from having sex in Heaven?

"Stop that! Stop that, now, I say!"

"Bloody Italians. Now who let them in?"

(Done in your best Monty Python voice).

Old 11-27-2017, 10:05 AM

6,114 posts, read 3,119,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwocmo View Post
How would you stop people from having sex in Heaven?

"Stop that! Stop that, now, I say!"

"Bloody Italians. Now who let them in?"

(Done in your best Monty Python voice).
I think everyone will busy doing it themselves, so no one will stop anyone.

Last edited by GoCardinals; 11-27-2017 at 10:29 AM..

Old 11-27-2017, 12:17 PM

20,269 posts, read 13,664,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I think everyone will busy doing it themselves, so no one will stop anyone.
Given that in this life more often than not, religion is more concerned with controlling / restricting people's sexual expression more than any other type of expression, it's hard to understand why it would suddenly be of no concern in the afterlife.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Given that in this life more often than not, religion is more concerned with controlling / restricting people's sexual expression more than any other type of expression, it's hard to understand why it would suddenly be of no concern in the afterlife.
Perhaps that's a reward of patience and following guidelines to regulate one's life?

Remember, religion does NOT prohibits sex in this life. It simply regulates it.

Following this regulation then becomes a choice of the human whether he wants to follow or not?

Old 11-27-2017, 01:30 PM

20,269 posts, read 13,664,069 times
Quote:
Perhaps that's a reward of patience and following guidelines to regulate one's life?

Remember, religion does NOT prohibits sex in this life. It simply regulates it.

Following this regulation then becomes a choice of the human whether he wants to follow or not?
[shrug]Well it's of no consequence to me as I have always followed the regulations like a good serial monogamist. But I haven't done it because I expect some sort of posthumous award for it. I have done it because I see it as a way to live with ethics and integrity, which I value for their own sakes.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
[shrug]Well it's of no consequence to me as I have always followed the regulations like a good serial monogamist. But I haven't done it because I expect some sort of posthumous award for it. I have done it because I see it as a way to live with ethics and integrity, which I value for their own sakes.
Which is good - on the other hand, many who claim to be religious have comitted some of the most horrible sexual offenses on kids and others.

The point is, not all religious people will follow eithics and morals because they are all religious.
And not all Atheists will live like criminals because they don't believe in God or in the final judgment.

We are all on our own. We shall try our best and wait till our destinity is revealed to us.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:10 PM

51,337 posts, read 24,745,057 times
Quote:
Which is good - on the other hand, many who claim to be religious have comitted some of the most horrible sexual offenses on kids and others.

The point is, not all religious people will follow eithics and morals because they are all religious.
And not all Atheists will live like criminals because they don't believe in God or in the final judgment.

We are all on our own. We shall try our best and wait till our destinity is revealed to us.
At least that's open-minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality