Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 12:46 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,344,119 times

Advertisements

I never heard of Diana and I believe she repeated in my psyche to send a clear message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Had you ever heard of Wonder Woman?

Another possibility is that you forgot you ever heard about her... that wouldn't be all too uncommon. Or another possibility could be that you heard about other females gods vaguely and Diana also fits that description but (in your outlook) with even more favorable things added on. No need to fret, I doubt that the wise-warrior perpetual-virgin Athena would be so vain as to need her ego stroked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 02:27 PM

25,684 posts, read 17,457,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
......... (1) without us there would be still be a universe. There would still be life. (2).. Even if we removed the earth there would be life. (3) The universe itself, at least where there is life, is life itself.

maybe there wouldn't be any human notions, but I suspect there is something similar to humans elsewhere. I say that because of the Periodic Table. the elements for life are everywhere........
I am not making myself clear.

(1)..Yes, without us there would still be a universe. That's consistent with my belief that God had nothing to do with creating the universe.

And there may well be life on other planets in other solar systems, but we (and our God) are not connected to that life. We, the inhabitants of earth, are only to connected to each other by God on earth through His omnipresent consciousnesses.
I don't believe we will never encounter beings from another planet. If there are other inhabited planets and other civilizations, they may have their own Omnipotent Consciousness.

(2)....If we "removed the earth" there would not be life on earth and therefore, no God. At any rate it is a moot point to me, because I believe we are isolated forever from other stars.

(3)...The universe is not alive. Under certain circumstances portions of the universe (like earth) become fertile and become alive, but there is nothing about the universe that can be said to be alive.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:34 PM

18,533 posts, read 9,223,516 times
I was taught what George Carlin was taught: that God is an invisible man living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day, and who will send me to infinite punishment if I don't follow certain rules (but he loves me!), and so forth.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:36 PM

50,108 posts, read 20,864,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I am not making myself clear.

(1)..Yes, without us there would still be a universe. That's consistent with my belief that God had nothing to do with creating the universe.

And there may well be life on other planets in other solar systems, but we (and our God) are not connected to that life. We, the inhabitants of earth, are only to connected to each other by God on earth through His omnipresent consciousnesses.
I don't believe we will never encounter beings from another planet. If there are other inhabited planets and other civilizations, they may have their own Omnipotent Consciousness.

(2)....If we "removed the earth" there would not be life on earth and therefore, no God. At any rate it is a moot point to me, because I believe we are isolated forever from other stars.

(3)...The universe is not alive. Under certain circumstances portions of the universe (like earth) become fertile and become alive, but there is nothing about the universe that can be said to be alive.
Depending how you define 'life'. I think that Arach sees it at the stuff that matter does, which it all does. I suspect also that there is an idea of a conscious direction behind it all, but that is just a strong suspicion.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:01 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,112,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I was taught what George Carlin was taught: that God is an invisible man living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day, and who will send me to infinite punishment if I don't follow certain rules (but he loves me!), and so forth.
You rejected that teaching and concept of God presented to you by using your common sense, research and knowledge. And to some extent I do agree with your assessment.

1 - God is not a man.
2 - And second, it's not God who is responsible, if you are to face the consequences of your own actions done by free choice.
3 - And third, there is a flip side of the coin to # 2 that you were perhaps not taught.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:35 AM

50,108 posts, read 20,864,081 times
The flip being that we will reap the rewards of the consequences of our good actions? True dat - as we live in a world that is far better than it was at any time in the past, even fifty years ago, to which too many look back and say "it was better then". It wasn't and you may take my word for it.

If that is the flip, Cardinals old mate, then I agree with everything in your post. Or you agree with me.

Old 10-06-2017, 08:27 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,682,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Inquiring mind... (mine)... would like to know for a project I'm working on.

Many thanks.
Not a "who" specifically.
GOD = ALL THE ENERGY/MATTER THAT EXISTS AND HAS EXISTED (aka--"The Universe", "All", ect).

Old 10-06-2017, 09:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,178,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You rejected that teaching and concept of God presented to you by using your common sense, research and knowledge. And to some extent I do agree with your assessment.

1 - God is not a man.
2 - And second, it's not God who is responsible, if you are to face the consequences of your own actions done by free choice.
3 - And third, there is a flip side of the coin to # 2 that you were perhaps not taught.
Wrong, 2 is completely nonsensical. "God" allegedly created man, his nature and hell. This undisputedly makes god fully responsible for anyone "he/she/it" puts there. Please show some level of intellectual honesty.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:03 PM

21,017 posts, read 19,492,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Wrong, 2 is completely nonsensical. "God" allegedly created man, his nature and hell. This undisputedly makes god fully responsible for anyone "he/she/it" puts there.
Please show some level of intellectual honesty.
That is fine if you believe that ...GoCardinals and I do not.

I am not puppet of my Creator, 'He' is not fully responsible for what goes on here or on a smaller
scale, my life.
i have free will. There is a brilliant System of Checks and Balances....and this is how
I effect my life and take responsibility for it, myself.

I would not insult you by saying your belief is nonsensical, or shows any intellectual dishonesty...that
is rude and uncalled for..fine to 'think it, don't write it''...part of Forum Etiquette 101.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:20 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,649,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Wrong, 2 is completely nonsensical. "God" allegedly created man, his nature and hell. This undisputedly makes god fully responsible for anyone "he/she/it" puts there. Please show some level of intellectual honesty.
this is a god that someone else is telling you about. Its ok to use what you know to describe what they are misrepresenting as a god ya know. Bout the only sin i see going on is when people that don't know what they don't know start pushing belief statements onto how the universe works.

Why in no gods name does a lack of belief have to be used to warp how the universe works? How in no gods name is hiding, or not discussing truth, to advance a atheists statement of belief seen as remotely more reasonable than just talking about how the universe works?

lmao ex fundies don't even know being a fundie is a personality disorder not a belief statement. They come in and smear their literal brains all over our perfectly reasonable brand of atheism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality