Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 08:19 PM

63,929 posts, read 40,194,112 times

Advertisements

Our physical bodies are decomposing or have been cremated never to be seen again. Our spiritual bodies reside in the dark matter and dark energy that comprises 95% of our reality. Those that are resonant with God's agape love reside with Jesus. Those who aren't are refined to remove the dross until they are resonant and then reside with Jesus under the cover of His pure and perfect agape love for us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 08:36 PM

504 posts, read 300,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Our physical bodies are decomposing or have been cremated never to be seen again. Our spiritual bodies reside in the dark matter and dark energy that comprises 95% of our reality. Those that are resonant with God's agape love reside with Jesus. Those who aren't are refined to remove the dross until they are resonant and then reside with Jesus under the cover of His pure and perfect agape love for us all.
That's a wonderful faith belief, but of course you are well aware that such a belief can never be proven. In fact, your belief can not even be replicated by someone else that has similar perceptions. In fact, there is no indication that there even is a spirit that is part of us. How would you prove it? You can't.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:45 PM

28,114 posts, read 30,023,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Oh shoot.. Where did Purgatory go? Lost bus stop?
Actually, I think that Purgatory is a kind of a corruption of the early Christian belief in a Spirit World. I know of several early Christian scholars and Church fathers who speak of a Spirit World that is similar to what I believe. Unfortunately, with the Hellenization of Christianity, quite a number of first- and second-century doctrines were changed. Purgatory is a good example.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, I think that Purgatory is a kind of a corruption of the early Christian belief in a Spirit World. I know of several early Christian scholars and Church fathers who speak of a Spirit World that is similar to what I believe. Unfortunately, with the Hellenization of Christianity, quite a number of first- and second-century doctrines were changed. Purgatory is a good example.
I thought purgatory was a Catholic invention. Didn't the Pope recently say there is no such thing, or was that Limbo? I keep getting the two confused.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:24 AM

3,805 posts, read 3,008,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
I thought purgatory was a Catholic invention. Didn't the Pope recently say there is no such thing, or was that Limbo? I keep getting the two confused.
I think it was Limbo, which was never actually an official doctrine anyway.
This pertains to babies and infants who die, who were not baptized.
Even as a moderate Catholic, purgatory may or may not exist.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,077,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yes, that is exactly what it teaches...
It "teaches" both things because it is internally inconsistent and self-contradictory in order to be vague enough to appeal to any Christian's vanities. Hence why the Catholic "Universal" Church created it.

Quote:
22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
22:33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.
The dead aren't sleeping if they aren't sleeping but are dead and waiting to be resurrected.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:09 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,261,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Texan, you're an atheist?
Live your life...be happy...enjoy ...don't get
muddled in what Christians believe!
I beg of you....
Bored? Learn about quantum physics, instead.

Excellent information..unless one really has a need to bang their head against a wall in search of answers that CANNOT be proven by any mortal on this planet...

Of course, in my opinion, there is something to be said for playing the devil's advocate--even satan needs a little love now and then..

Old 01-17-2017, 02:26 PM

63,929 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Quote:
That's a wonderful faith belief, but of course you are well aware that such a belief can never be proven. In fact, your belief can not even be replicated by someone else that has similar perceptions. In fact, there is no indication that there even is a spirit that is part of us. How would you prove it? You can't.
You, like most people, actually think your composite consciousness (Self) is a physical part of you. It is NOT, but disabusing you of that conditioned association requires that you spend an inordinate amount of time intellectually engaging the issue philosophically with logic and reason. It is NOT a simple matter.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You, like most people, actually think your composite consciousness (Self) is a physical part of you. It is NOT, but disabusing you of that conditioned association requires that you spend an inordinate amount of time intellectually engaging the issue philosophically with logic and reason. It is NOT a simple matter.
I always find it interesting that some people, as you are doing here, assume they have a greater insight to spiritual issues than others, and if those others even dare suggest to give some real indication of why your beliefs are valid, you place yourself on a high horse, and tell us great unwashed that we just don't understand, that it is too complicated, that we have to let the 'spirit enter our heart' or some other dismissive comment.

I, and science, know exactly how our consciousness works. It's not exactly a secret, nor has it been for many decades. It takes the 'mystery' out of things.

Now try answering the bolded.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:34 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,953,657 times
Quote:
So where is the other 5 percent hanging out in Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality