Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 09:03 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,410,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
If an Atheist wants to live like a pig or any other animal who has no conciousness or moral grounds to oppose incest then let it be.
So because they do not see it like you do, you want to name call them "pigs". That is hardly mature or intellectual is it? It is not much better than the other user who simply implied anyone who does not see it her way must be mentally ill.

Do you have any actual arguments against the morality of it, or are insults and implications.......... about people who do not agree with you........... the full level we are to expect from you here?

And on another note, what do you even mean when you say pigs have no consciousness? Do you have any idea what you are talking about there? Or did you intend to right conscience? Are you really saying that someone who does not agree with you has NO conscience at all? Well the insults just come hard and fast here don't they? But remember insults demean only the insulter, never the insulted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 09:08 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,398,759 times
Quote:
If an Atheist wants to live like a pig or any other animal who has no conciousness or moral grounds to oppose incest then let it be.
All he has to do is over come the "yuck" factor.

Does that conclude the discussion?
What a sad little man you are.... Everyone who disagrees with you, or is willing to have a rational discussion, are "pigs or any other animal" with no conscience or morals, huh? You are such a great ambassador for your religion!

What a joke.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:26 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I'm opening up this thread to carry on the discussion on a topic Jeffbase40 brought up, and one that is worthy of discussion.

As thought starters, it may be worthwhile to read the following articles. We frequently make the point that if two consenting adults are in a sexual relationship, it is no one's business except the two concerned. Should this be carried over to incest?

Is Incest Wrong? | Big Think

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-morally-wrong

This one makes an interesting point. Homosexuality is an orientation, incest is not.

The David Epstein incest case: If homosexuality is OK, why is incest wrong?
Either I am easily to be persuaded, or you picked good articles, whereas my immediate reaction was ...eewww, no, .....after reading the articles and, most importantly, that it is consensual, and compared to homosexuality that is accepted, I changed my mind to: to each their own.
I also want to add they should be adults, of legal age.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:33 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,369,065 times
Quote:
All he has to do is over come the "yuck" factor.

Does that conclude the discussion?
OK I got it, it is a sin only because your religion tells you that but for no other reason at all that you can think of or can state. At least in an earlier post of mine I was able to explain why I did not necessarily support it.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
If you think incest is fine, or can't see why it is NOT FINE....then you have a serious need for professional help
I disagree.
Why should it be wronger than sex between homosexuals, who re complete strangers?
Sex between siblings will have the momentum of Love right from the beginning.
Siblings love each other, do you agree?
All you need is Love!

Old 09-22-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think there are an awful lot of people who are obsessed with other people's sex lives.

Also homosexuality and incest are completely unrelated.
How is that?
The common denominator is The Sex.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Says someone who believes the entire world is the product of incest... Twice... Seems like you are the one who needs help.
I agree with that!^^^^^^

If you believe in Creation:

Adam and Eve
Son Kain and Abel, no daughter
Kain killed Abed
Then there were only Adam, Eve and Kain.

Eva must have slept with her son Kain to produce a female.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
homosexuality and incest arent even in the same ball field.

in·cest
ˈinˌsest/Submit
noun
sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.
the crime of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild.

Unless i completely misunderstand my mother in law ( who is homosexual) she isnt dating her cousin or has children with her uncle.

SEX is the ball field

Old 09-22-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Yes it should. Incest between consenting adults is their business, not ours, and I see nothing morally wrong with it. I think it INADVISABLE for a few reasons, but not morally wrong. And as you can see from responses like this one....

.... those who are against it are of the "It is wrong, because it just is" ilk. What you do not see behind their veil of insults is any coherent arguments against it. Just the "If you do not see it my way, you are sick" mentality displayed above.

Two things however muddy the water on having a rational discourse on the topic of incest.

The first is that the term "incest" is a catch all term for many different kinds of behaviour. Including the raping of children by parents. It should be clear that those who do not see a moral issue with incest.... tend to be speaking specifically about consenting adults.

The second is that other behaviours we would consider immoral are brought up as if they are synonymous with incest. YES we agree that using a position of power over a period of time to groom another human being for sex is immoral. But that is not synonymous with incest. There are incestuous relationships that fit that description, and there are non-incestuous relationships that fit that description. They are both bad...... but so too is indicting incest with the crimes of people within it. The two are separate issues.

Assuming we are speaking of consenting adults engaging in activities of their own free will..... I think Tzaphkiel demonstrates how many arguments are actually out there on offer against the morality of incest. That is to say.... none.

.... those who are against it are of the "It is wrong, because it just is" ilk.

Exactly this^^^^

MANY things were wrong, and are not anymore! Like homosexuality, etc......

Old 09-22-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Oh well, then I am a frequent fornicator. And have been for years. Blissfully and sinfully so. 'Tis a joy I tell you! Some sin is a good thing.
Haha,
I agree and I think regarding this discussion Religion should be left out of it.
Because regarding Religion everything is a sin, even enjoying sex is a sin, or should be, for women, at least!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality