Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 11:23 AM

18,537 posts, read 9,232,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
As usual it is one rule for you and one rule for everyone else.
Conservative Christian privilege.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 05:03 PM

468 posts, read 266,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Did you even read what people posted?

They would be have every reason to not be convinced, without evidence. Especially if the person telling them about snow kept refusing to give evidence. Especially after he told them he had 100 proofs for snow, but never actually produced said 100 proofs.

Jeff, I really do have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. But first you need to demonstrate a willingness to accept my evidence by providing me with a $1000 down payment. I don't want to sell my bridge to anyone who isn't serious. After you give me $1000 I will give you the evidence.
You are the follower of a fools theory,,,
Go look out your window and tell yourself that everything you see once wasn't ,
And then what wasn't became a spec , then that spec became what is .

This isn't even science , its ridiculous.

You think your nothing set the universe in motion? Set the stars on fire? .
Where did your spec come from?
So an explosion created life?

Last time I checked it caused death.
But let's go back even farther . Where did the empty space in witch your theory took place come from?
From nothing ? Empty space is SOMTHING.
Anyone that believes that this world came from nothing is not only insane but also incredibly evil. Why? Because you know better . God will judge and how could he judge if you really didn't know .

You are not as innocent as you would like to pretend you are .
I pity you

Last time a spec exploded due to pressure we saw what we know as the atom bomb,,,
I really doubt an atom bomb created anything life substainable .

So if you want evidence open your eyes.

Last edited by clickstack; 07-07-2015 at 05:41 PM..

Old 07-07-2015, 06:18 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,662,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
You are the follower of a fools theory,,,
Go look out your window and tell yourself that everything you see once wasn't ,
And then what wasn't became a spec , then that spec became what is .

This isn't even science , its ridiculous.

You think your nothing set the universe in motion? Set the stars on fire? .
Where did your spec come from?
So an explosion created life?

Last time I checked it caused death.
But let's go back even farther . Where did the empty space in witch your theory took place come from?
From nothing ? Empty space is SOMTHING.
Anyone that believes that this world came from nothing is not only insane but also incredibly evil. Why? Because you know better . God will judge and how could he judge if you really didn't know .

You are not as innocent as you would like to pretend you are .
I pity you

Last time a spec exploded due to pressure we saw what we know as the atom bomb,,,
I really doubt an atom bomb created anything life substainable .

So if you want evidence open your eyes.
no, the last time you saw a spec exploding is the sun.
And it is the life giver here on earth.

so ease up young grass hopper.
Certainty kills the search for truth and now we are stagnate and choking on a book.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:24 PM

26,140 posts, read 22,328,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
The crazy 'you must be 'saved', or go to hell', dogma was true. How would you, as a 'born again' Christian, feel if someone as wicked as Hitler made a deathbed conversion, having never done anything decent in his life, yet an atheist who died trying to save others from his evil regime went to hell?

I just can't get my head around how anyone could find anything loving about a deity who created such an unfair scenario.
Ah, the trick here is that someone with an evil heart will never, ever be able to change it. Many people have God in their head and not in their heart. They can chant about how Jesus is God (which he is not), get baptized, recite prayers, go to church, give money to the church and still not have God in their heart. God knows our hearts and He will be fair.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
no, the last time you saw a spec exploding is the sun.
And it is the life giver here on earth.

so ease up young grass hopper.
Certainty kills the search for truth and now we are stagnate and choking on a book.
So we can live on the sun now ?
Your comparing earth with the sun?
The sun a spec?
Ha ha plop
You convinced me.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:49 PM

Let us say humans evolved , or mb where created , either way is the same.

But Darwin's theorys are a bit late .
Why was the wrong history passed down and then watered down ?

If we evolved then shouldn't the idea be much older? And shouldn't we have a few idiots trying to pretend history never happened and bring in a New crazy idea?

Old 07-07-2015, 11:57 PM

20,231 posts, read 13,641,587 times
Quote:
Empty space is SOMTHING.
Of course it is. There is actually no such thing as "nothing". If you try to create a perfect vacuum you eventually end up with a Higgs field that you can't get rid of without adding energy TO the void. Or something like that. The science is over my head.

Time is part of existence, and I'd be unsurprised if it is eventually shown mathematically that in certain parts of the cycle of expansion and contraction of existence, time ceases to be and that existence is in fact for all practical purposes eternal, with no beginning and no end.

But deities and invisible realms are not necessary to explain it and in fact detract from understanding it.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:38 AM

23,178 posts, read 26,307,480 times
Quote:
Let us say humans evolved , or mb where created , either way is the same.

But Darwin's theorys are a bit late .
Why was the wrong history passed down and then watered down ?

If we evolved then shouldn't the idea be much older? And shouldn't we have a few idiots trying to pretend history never happened and bring in a New crazy idea?

Can somebody translate this?

Old 07-08-2015, 05:15 AM

50,130 posts, read 20,894,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No you are claiming as FACT that they do not exist. That's your claim. Back it up. It's obvious that no amount of evidence would satisfy you anyways. Producing a demon at will? Seriously?
Yet again the reversal of the burden of proof - and the only way it works is to misrepresent our position as a factual claim - Demons- gods -a soul, afterlife and Heaven - are industriously foisted on us as a factual claim, which it isn't. It is, in view of the lack of convincing evidence, something not believed until the other side can present some persuasive evidence.

So then we get the 'nothing will persuade you' argument which is just approaching the 'Unbelievers are irrationally dismissive' ploy from another direction.

None of that matters. All that matters is the sheer lack of any good evidence for Demons- gods -a soul, afterlife and Heaven. Which is why they have to do the best they can with Ontological arguments, trying to make the Bible look believable and making human experiences (real or imagined) serve as 'evidence'.

That this does not work because it is not reproducible, cannot be verified and the mechanism is not known is excused with the 'God is not going to do that' argument.

"Producing a demon at will? Seriously?"

Yep. If religion really worked as suggested in the Bible, you should be able to move mountains, regrow missing arms, produce Demons (spitting with fury and protesting, but they are employees of hell, so they might as well save their breath) and turn (by prayer) that bottle of water on mt desk into wine.

That they do not even try (when asked) but immediately protest 'God is not going to do that!" is proof positive that they Know, deep down inside, that none of this stuff works and can only be made to look as though it does (for the purposes of deluding themselves and others, if they can) by fiddling the results but painting the target around the arrow, counting the 'Hits' (of coincidence and fortunate accident, passing of the inexplicable (cancer remissions) as 'God is the only explanation', giving God the credit for everything from a winning try to childbirth and of course, lying where necessary, since that is perfectly justified in peddling what they know id True by faith, ("Hey, what do a few untruths matter if some souls are saved?") anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then the fair response is I'm sorry but you have not convinced me due to lack of evidence. That's quite different from beating your chest and arrogantly proclaiming that there is no God or demons. You are making a factual claim in the positive. BACK IT UP!
There again, the misrepresentation. We are not making the claim. I would go into the whole 'santa/leprechaun' thing and the rejection of Biblegod, but you must have seen it before and you simply do not listen because you prefer this 'burden of proof is on the atheists claiming no god could possibly exist' (which is what such a claim would have to be)

Quote:
With that silly logic, if a missionary from north went to an Amazonian tribe and told them that white stuff called snow falls from the sky, they would not be convinced. They would say snow does not exist so that is proof positive that snow can not exist.
If that silly logic was not on your side, the Amazon tribe could remain in their disbelief and in fact it would be quite justified if the missionary provided no evidence. You are in fact playing the 'They didn't believe the Wright brothers' card. The burden of proof is on the missionary to present explanatory text -books, photos, films, experiments (with the 'fridge proving the feasibility' and if necessary flights of reliable tribe elders to Alaska.

Quote:
I would gladly provide evidence for my beliefs as long as I know I have an audience that isn't extremely biased and can demonstrate a willingness to accept evidence. But skeptics like here only seek to immediately find ways to discredit any evidence. That shows a complete unwillingness to give anything I bring to the table a fair shake.
"The words of the wizard stand on their heads" said Gimli. What you are saying is that you will only present your evidence to people who will swallow whatever you say and won't examine it. You must know that we will and do debate extensively on the subject and with a desire to get at the facts. It is the God -believer, rather (or a minority of them, perhaps) who reject the results of discussion on Faith and revert to these misrepresentations, excuses and logical fallacies to try to make a case or excuse why they haven't one.

I still luv it here.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-08-2015 at 05:28 AM..

Old 07-08-2015, 06:04 AM

50,130 posts, read 20,894,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Can somebody translate this?
I could, but frankly Clickstack seems like a mountain to shovel to no purpose.

P.s - a hint. "History" is the various creation legends. And the biblical one the most accurate one.
If Darwin's theory was true, that is what we would be passing down as history.

Unfortunately what happened 1,000 years ago gets passed on at best as garbled legend. Never mind 10,000 ir 50, 00 years. No. 'Hostory' let alone legend or stopgap myth will not serve on human origins, never mind cosmic ones. Forensic science, as is used to prove what happened at fires, aircraft accidents or murders, is the way to find that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality