Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 10:08 AM

468 posts, read 266,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
You are suggesting that god has not declared that certain things are "right" and "wrong" but that they simply "are" right or wrong. However, your god is both omnipotent and the creator, and so even if right and wrong had a separate "is-ness" or existed by natural laws as do things like gravity, that is still how your god chose to structure reality. In addition, if something simply IS wrong, how is it rational for god to react with aversion and a desire to punish simply because of something's inherent nature? How is it rational for god to create humans with a tendency to want things independent of this alleged inherent rightness or wrongness, and then fault them for being what he made them to be?

Just to be clear (although it really has no bearing on the subject at hand) I am not opposed to self control and overriding of instincts when I can see that it makes, in the great scheme of things, better sense to do so. My complaint is not that god, if he existed and your interpretation of his demands on us were accurate, asks hard things of us. I am objecting to god punishing human frailty which he himself saw fit to create and call good afterwards. I am objecting to god setting humanity up to fail.
We are not as frail as you believe we are.
Man's magnetism towards things is based on spiritual possetion . But to understand this you need to believe in a soul.
Spirit , soul, and body.
Some acts we commit give evil spirits direct access to the inner court of the temple in the old testiment , ( our heart ) .
This is why there where sins that required death , because the priest could not enter our heart to remove these spirits . The spirits that change us , control us even our thoughts .
However with Jesus the Vail is torn , we can enter freelly and he has the authority to cast these spirits out of our temple .
Without cleaning you will never stop fighting some temptations in your life.
That cleaning not only involves his blood but an openness and honesty on your part .
The chains brought on by certain deed can not be cut , but confession uproots it's anchor.
His laws that you hate are there to protect us from the things that seperate us from him.
You can not see God unless you love and appreciate his standards and understand why they must be .

For you former chistian atheists , I will give them over to believe a lie for they loved not the truth .
But since you are lukewarm I will spew the out of my mouth .

God is about standards . Hate his standard and the easiest way around them is choosing to not believe in him.

Last edited by clickstack; 07-05-2015 at 10:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 10:20 AM

689 posts, read 495,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
No , not because he decreed .
They are transgressions because you by transgressing are signing yourself over to Satan by doing them .
And he is very fairly attempting to spare you of where Satan ettempts to have you spend etternity .
It all comes back to what you want , not what God demands .
Spending the afterlife with dear old Satan couldn't be any worse than spending it with the Biblical deity!

Old 07-05-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
Spending the afterlife with dear old Satan couldn't be any worse than spending it with the Biblical deity!
I would hate having just spoke these words into eternity.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:24 AM

689 posts, read 495,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
I would hate having just spoke these words into eternity.
Why?

Old 07-05-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Why?
Because of my standards.
That originate from the positive force on this earth speaking into my heart.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:34 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Satan is a choir boy compared to the biblical god.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:11 AM

197 posts, read 208,321 times
Quote:
The crazy 'you must be 'saved', or go to hell', dogma was true. How would you, as a 'born again' Christian, feel if someone as wicked as Hitler made a deathbed conversion, having never done anything decent in his life, yet an atheist who died trying to save others from his evil regime went to hell?

I just can't get my head around how anyone could find anything loving about a deity who created such an unfair scenario.
Hello there.

You have one fallacy - assuming the atheist went to Hell. Not even Christians are supposed to judge who goes to Hell, because God's Mercy is Divine and he has his ways to save even those destined for Hell from the fires. That is where the do not judge comes into play. There's no way of knowing that atheist's ultimate fate; indeed, its not being an atheist that condemns one to Hell, but the specific rejection of Jesus Christ and His message of Love which does so.

And your first example points to that. God wants to save every human being. He does not want to condemn anyone. If any man, on his deathbed, repents of all his sins and accepts Jesus, and God saves him, why are you criticizing such an act of love and mercy? You are rejecting Love and Mercy, in favor of judgment. And thus, you get what you ask for.

Jesus Christ died on the cross, offering Love and Mercy for you even at your deathbed. God respects our freewill, and leaves the choice for us. I would prefer a merciful God, especially if I was a big sinner like Hitler and repented. I would prefer the man who said love your neighbor as yourself, do not judge, and who died to free me from bondage. But if you chose to judge, especially God's mercy, than indeed, you will be judged.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:13 AM

176 posts, read 189,719 times
People who do a lot of harm have a powerful karma to deal with in their next lives. In the case of someone so evil like Hitler, the negative personality became too powerful and most probably corrupted the soul. My opinion is that he became a lost soul and the Monad cut the silver chord. I don't know what happens to the lost souls though, if they follow some kind of evolutionary process or if they are destroyed (or selfdestroyed).

Old 07-05-2015, 12:37 PM

Does not believing in a speed limit have any effect on my consequences of speeding when the law pulls me over?
Neither will not believing hold any water when it's time to give account for your life .
This world is a kingdom of the natural . He will not intervene with you in the natural . He will intervene in the next world that is supernatural.
But he will be there for you if you seek him in this world .
Set your standards equal with Gods And thru Jesus he will help you to live up to them.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:58 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
The crazy 'you must be 'saved', or go to hell', dogma was true. How would you, as a 'born again' Christian, feel if someone as wicked as Hitler made a deathbed conversion, having never done anything decent in his life, yet an atheist who died trying to save others from his evil regime went to hell?

I just can't get my head around how anyone could find anything loving about a deity who created such an unfair scenario.
I don't think this is the average person. at least around me.

"saved" can be when "goddoneit" answers questions that the average human can't even comprehend. Even a relatively small range in infinity like 10^-43 to 10^23. Mass, time, or volume ... Its mind blowing. How about the the injustices we see around us every day and are not allowed to stop? . People killing our kids for nothing. "unarmed" being the new word for "innocent". Fathers getting in more trouble for killing a child molester than the child molester; is flat out insanity. If there is a hell, we are in it.

"goddoneit" = "saved" or "settle down" and go on with our busy little lives sucking up the slop everyday feeds us all without going batty. We all don't need it, but thats not the problem is it?

Where I draw the line, and it is a kill line, is pushing my beliefs on others. I don't need a guy that literally walks on water so it is quite rude to say I am going to hell if I don't believe that. Saying I am going to hell because I say nobody has literally risen from the dead yet but think love, compassion, and understanding are good things ... is insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality