Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 04:33 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,225,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
All very true. But it doesn't matter what we say. Vizio seems to be programmed, or maybe commanded to act a certain way. That's really pretty silly if you ask me.
Or maybe I actually know what I'm talking about and I don't deviate from the truth. I'm sorry if that bothers you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 04:39 PM

817 posts, read 740,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Or maybe I actually know what I'm talking about and I don't deviate from the truth. I'm sorry if that bothers you.
You definitely know what you're talking about...but I'm sorry...it ain't truth. LOOOOOOOOOOL!

Truth is what motivates me the most, so I'm glad you brought that up. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. Thanks for helping me with my research bro. You told me all I needed to know...

Old 02-07-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What's your point? Yes--God does allow evil to exist. You're not God, so your opinion on how he should run the universe is not that relevant.
And the person speaking in Deuteronomy 20 also isn't God. That's my point.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
You definitely know what you're talking about...but I'm sorry...it ain't truth. LOOOOOOOOOOL!

Truth is what motivates me the most, so I'm glad you brought that up. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. Thanks for helping me with my research bro. You told me all I needed to know...
Please keep in mind that the same God that judges evil also loves us so much that he died on the cross himself in order to redeem man. He's not JUST into war and killing.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:46 PM

The person who died on the cross believed differently than the God in Deuteronomy 20.

Nothing in your attitude concerning this could EVER change my mind about that in 100 trillion years...so don't waste your time or your breath. You'd do better to focus on influencing the minds of others who can be influenced...not me...but I appreciate your time here and your contribution today.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:49 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,087,057 times
Quote:
Even if that were true...Jesus is pretty clear on killing for any reason (including self-defense) being wrong.

And this also doesn't address the atrocious nature of what the scriptures actually say about it. And what is being described in those passages is in fact, murder. If a bunch of Israelities decided to invade our country and go and kill a bunch of pagans, isn't it MURDER?
It is true and nope....

Old 02-07-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Since Vizio refuses to answer this question, (I wonder if his "flock" knows that he does so), I figured I'd give you a shot at it. Do you believe that killing a 2 yr. old child is ever acceptable, and if so when?
Sure...We do it all the time...

Old 02-07-2014, 04:53 PM

So Richard...if Israelites came here and invaded and killed a bunch of pagans, it wouldn't be murder? Every law enforcement agency in our country would disagree with you.

I also wouldn't go around telling too many people you believe that, let alone post it online. These days with the Patriot Act, they don't even really need a reason to lock people up. That seems like terrorist thinking to me. It's what the crazy Muslims believe who want to terrorize Americans. I honestly can't believe you went forward and said that...but that just proves what is so dangerous about religious indoctrination.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
The person who died on the cross believed differently than the God in Deuteronomy 20.

Nothing in your attitude concerning this could EVER change my mind about that in 100 trillion years...so don't waste your time or your breath. You'd do better to focus on influencing the minds of others who can be influenced...not me...but I appreciate your time here and your contribution today.
Nice to see you're open-minded about it.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Silly in who's eyes? Yours?

I always thought just the opposite occurred - watching fundamentalists stutter and stammer, dodge and deflect, trying futilely to rectify the immorality of God in the Old Testament with modern secular morality. People like you know full well that modern secular morality is far and away more civil and less barbaric than Israelites going on a murderous rampage in the name of their tribal deity.

It's just that there is NO way to rectify this dichotomy - no way to rationalize it, no way to justify it without going into really bizarre, extreme scenarios.

People have asked - Is it ever okay to kill a 2 year-old child and if so, when?

Well ... ?

Sure, we might be able to justify the murder of a child if doing so would save the universe from imploding or other ridiculous thing like that, but by and large, there is no justifiable reason for the Israelites to go on a slauighter-fest.

Heh, and the Israelites are supposed to be the good guys, but if they did now what they did in the Old Testament, it is likely that another military coalition (Desert Storm II) would be occupying Israel in a few days.

That type of question really annoys me, "Oh, do you think it's alright to kill a two year old child?"...It is usually the question brought up after it is proved how screwed up the adult human race is, so, yea, killing screwed up adult humans is fine because we screw each other over all the time...Oh, but what about little babies, they're innocent?...Are they?...What will they grow to be?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality