Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 02:28 PM

8,419 posts, read 16,277,912 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by nicolepsy
Quote:
i love your post and agree wholeHEARTedly! i too have a soft heart and feels things very deeply yet dont believe in the bible or jesus. I do my best to be a good person (i dont even kill bugs) whereas some christians i know are not so kind. it's weird.
What has not killing bugs to do with being 'soft' hearted?
If soft hearted means letting child molesters and killers back into society because you believe that they deserve a 2nd chance, I'd rather err on the side of caution.
I hold no love for people who prey on other people (whether that be sexually, psychologically, or otherwise).

BTW killing itself is not good or bad.
Is a lioness evil because she kills her prey to feed her cubs?
Is a carnivore evil because it kills to eat meat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 04:01 PM

611 posts, read 1,273,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Describe how faith has impacted your life positively, please! I could write an entire book about it, but one of the most amazing aspects of my faith is how faith softens the heart. When I read about people that murder others over a few dollars or abuse children sexually, I get on my knees and thank God for having given me the soft heart and the "fear of God" that would never allow me to do such acts. I cannot help but think that these people have very empty hearts and never in their lives experienced the "soft heart" that the Bible talks about. The idea that God and faith "softens" the heart of believers is powerful and something I value immensely.
yea only christains are good people and they never have done anything wrong especially no murdering or raping lol
your religion definitely doesn't soften the heart...you can look back in the history of christianity and find it rather violent...it may seem like it does..but what it is is the society we live in today ...but say in regards to islam being viewed as a violent religion....muslims in our society arent viewed as voilent...only those evil terrorists in the middle east who believe our society has gone so terribly wrong that we need to be exterminated(which i find that our society is crap though the extermination of us would be alittle harsh)....if christianity were the major religion in that region ...it wouldn't change anything....they still would be commiting terrorism
peoples tendencies are of direct result to their experiences and ways of life..not religion...which is also a result of experiences and ways of life.....i wish i had the power to elaborate on this more

Old 11-19-2007, 04:52 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,662,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by nicolepsy What has not killing bugs to do with being 'soft' hearted?
If soft hearted means letting child molesters and killers back into society because you believe that they deserve a 2nd chance, I'd rather err on the side of caution.
I hold no love for people who prey on other people (whether that be sexually, psychologically, or otherwise).

BTW killing itself is not good or bad.
Is a lioness evil because she kills her prey to feed her cubs?
Is a carnivore evil because it kills to eat meat?
hi, i made the connection between soft heart and not killing bugs because it hurts my heart to kill anything. i dont believe it is my right and if i do have to kill a bug then i really really feel bad and apologize to the bug and ask for forgiveness. crazy i know. but no i am not soft hearted when it comes to child molesters and killers. no way! i believe in the death penalty in those cases! why do you think i would support child molesters or killers? i dont remember saying that? definitely for the death penalty on that one!

Old 11-19-2007, 05:04 PM

15,907 posts, read 21,563,386 times
My faith in myself and the goodness of others. I don't need the evil in my heart to believe and accept that people will go to Hell for disagreeing with me to make me a good person. In fact, they exclude each other.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:06 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,465,196 times
Well, it's kind of a long story what I'm going to tell but it's something that for me was the proof of the power of true faith.

Some years ago, 2 people that were my "friends" were staying at my house for some weeks, 2 days after they left, the entire equipment of my studio was missing I was shocked, and it was hard for me to accept that they were the ones who did it, but all the evidence pointed to them, after this happened I prayed to God for help, and my best friend came and told me Travelling Fella, let's go to the temple and pray to guruji for help with your problem, after we did this and entered into a deep meditation I felt peace, I had a vision of guruji who told me that I should rest assured that my equipment was going to return, after this I felt an incredible strong faith that my equipment was going to get back to me.

After several weeks of deep meditation, and a relentless quest for my equipment I finally knew the whereabout of it, thanks to the help of a friend who has an electronic music portal where a message was posted, which explained that my equipment had been stoled and that we were seeking for it, a person replied saying that there were some very suspicious looking guys selling equipment which exactly fit that description, this strenghtened my faith and I started to come up with an strategy to get them back, when I was about to act, a person came to my house and told me hey man it's great that I found you, I have awesome news for you!! He told me that he had all my equipment and he was going to bring it back to my studio, at fisrt I didn't trust him and I called my father to come with me fearing a trap, while we were on our way to this guy's house he told me that 2 guys went to his city selling this equipment, they told him that they were going to leave it at his house for a couple of days so he could try it before buying it, it was then when he read the messages at the site and compared the serial numbers published there with the serial numbers of the equipment he had, when he found out that they matched, he called these guys and asked them about the origin of the equipment, the "leader" just answered ahh man you don't really need to know, the less you know the better so he told him, look man this is stolen equipment and I'm going to return it to it's rightful owner.

That's it, I have to say that this experience was awesome because it brought me closer to God and Guruji, never before I had a test like this to my faith and devotion, this made me meditate every day with a faith that I hadn't had before.

Peace, Love, Light and Harmony!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:49 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,599,228 times
My faith in God allows me to see the light at the end of the tunnels of darkness in my life..No matter what the crisis, I see the end of the tunnel and there is always a blessing at the end for my steadfastness and prayers...

Old 11-20-2007, 03:55 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,697,245 times
Quote:
Both the Bible and the Quran clearly state that those who do not believe will go to Hell. I would not go as far as trying to pass judgement on people, since I truly believe that God is the only one who is in the position to do so, but I find amazing that both revelations point to very similar things, and were revealed in very different places to very different people. We are talking about your entire existance here amounting to nothing but an eternity of damnation and suffering, not the kind of stuff I would want to play around with.

Then this gentle, soft hearted Atheist will go to hell I guess ! I refuse to be bullied by some faction of Christianity who threatens eternal damnation because some badly written collection of bizarre myths written in bits, over a long period of time by many MEN says so.

As far as I am concerned I try to live a decent, moral and meaningful life and if your god believes me to be evil in some ways that's his/her problem not mine. I am quite capable of making my own mind about people's worth without the help of some scriptures. People are people and I only wish some believers were as good as some Atheists and Agnostics I have met. The world would be a much better place.

When I do bad things as we all do I take responsibility for it and when I am good I too can take the credit for it. God has never had anything to do with my decisions and fear of Hell is certainly not a factor in the equation. I think my actions through logically ( mostly !) and use reason and logic. I do not blindly follow like a sheep because of some misguided belief in a supernatural being.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:02 AM

109 posts, read 205,438 times
Quote:
Both the Bible and the Quran clearly state that those who do not believe will go to Hell. I would not go as far as trying to pass judgement on people,
You just did!!

Quote:
We are talking about your entire existance here amounting to nothing but an eternity of damnation and suffering, not the kind of stuff I would want to play around with.
You just did it again!!

Old 11-20-2007, 04:07 AM

109 posts, read 205,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
My faith in God allows me to see the light at the end of the tunnels of darkness in my life..No matter what the crisis, I see the end of the tunnel and there is always a blessing at the end for my steadfastness and prayers...
I usually find that the "light" at the end of the tunnel is just another train coming!!

Old 11-20-2007, 04:08 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,750,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
You just did!!

You just did it again!!
Isn't it amazing, ST1100, how there are some that believe simply parading around the fact that they are Christian and go to church negates the need to actually follow the word of the Bible and manners? It's like I could tattoo a huge sign on my head "I am a Christian and I go to Church" while I go on a looting, pillaging, raping rampage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality