Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:56 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times

Advertisements

spiritual advancement in most religions is depicted as radiating light and the higher you advance, the more light you 'produce'.

Budda Jesus all these types of people are depicted as having light around them and when they come back, they appear as beings of light.

From this we can deduce that the 'angel' is a being of light and as such may either be more spiritually advanced OR we are passing through a moment when we can discern other vibrations/dimensions/light/etc.

Some of these experiences may be when we move from one normal reality into another (similar perhaps to seeing aliens too) so that we can see them. Pperhaps some people can see them more often than others and these people are called seers, prophets, mediums, shamen, witchdoctors, etc

"angel" has a special meaning and has connotations of 'good' whereas "devil" and "demon" have connotations of 'evil'. They are just words which have a special meaning to some people who believe they are 'sent from God or the devil'.

Nothing particularly spiritual about it all. It is just different physics.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 03-26-2010 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: add a phrase
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 02:28 AM

239 posts, read 402,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Nothing particularly spiritual about it all. It is just different physics.
Ok, teach me, then!

Old 03-27-2010, 03:02 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,158 times
I've never "seen" an angel, but I have had a few odd experiences that can't be explained. I posted about it here just the other day.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:16 PM

239 posts, read 402,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
I've never "seen" an angel, but I have had a few odd experiences that can't be explained. I posted about it here just the other day.
In reference to your linked post, I've heard voices too, but to me they just come from my subconscious when I am really relaxed. I imagine all kinds of random imagery too when I am really relaxed, relaxed mentally to be specific, and I don't think it comes from any angel or such. I just think it is one part of the brain talking to another part. I think it happens all the time, but we aren't paying attention so we don't notice it.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:17 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,831,879 times
Quote:
What do you think an Angel looks like? (bible, pastor, believe)

YouTube - Sly and the Family Stone - Everyday People

Angels are everyday people.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:01 AM

241 posts, read 474,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospelsaves View Post
What do you think Angels look like if you believe they exist?

I've read different things about people saying they were in the presence of an angel. Some say the being was made out of pure light. Others say the being they believe was an angel was in the form of a man. Still others say the being they saw had huge wings and was enormous.

So what do you think an angel looks like? Can they change forms? And if so what do you think their true form looks like?

Does anybody on the forum have any personal experiences with Angels...do you think you've every seen one? If so give details. I've met some wonderful people that to me were angels...hmmmm I wonder

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Of course they exist
and the Angels mentioned in the Quran
1) They were created before Adam, and that in the verse: "And as your Lord said to the angels: I will create a Khalifa in the earth where they Otdjal of spoil and shed blood, and we praise and sanctify Bhmdk you said, I know not what you know" (al-Baqarah, verse 30).

2) and told us that the Messenger of Allah may Allah bless him and peace that the angels are created from light, and in saying peace be upon him: "created the angels from light, and the creation of the elves from smokeless fire, and the creation of Adam, which you describe" (Narrated by Muslim, Ahmad </SPAN>
in al-Musnad).

3) and the angels have the ability to Eetmtheloa pictures of human beings, God willing, and have mentioned this in the Qur'an Jibril peace be upon him when he came in the form of Mary's humanity, and also in the famous hadeeth of Jibreel came when companions knew the meaning of Islam and faith, charity and </SPAN>
Signs of the Hour.

4) God has told us that the wings of angels in the words of Almighty: "Thank God, Creator of the heavens and the earth, angels messengers with wings and Muthana, and three or four, increases in creation what He wills, God over all things" (Creator, verse </SPAN>1).
</SPAN>

Old 03-28-2010, 05:18 AM

164 posts, read 490,554 times
[CENTER][SIZE=+1]Two Encounters with Angels, God's Messengers[/SIZE][/CENTER]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE][CENTER]
Hebrews 1 verse 14 "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

The following is a testimony of two incidents where I believe God sent an angel to minister unto me:

In July 1993, I was driving down the highway during a blazing hot day. There, beside the rode, was an elderly gentleman hitchhiking. He was dressed up in a suit and had a small bag of belongings with him. The Lord spoke, and said, "Pick up this man." At this command, I stopped my old Datsun truck and offered him a ride. He gladly accepted as he pulled out a handkerchief and wiped the sweat from his face. I introduced myself and asked him where he was going. He said he was going to Washington, D.C. As he began to talk, I felt the presence of the Lord. This man was of a swarthy complexion. He said he was an Eskimo and came from Puerto Rico where he had been in seminary. He showed me a military identification card that reflected that he was a retired Colonel, U.S. Marines. He spoke 12 languages fluently. As I pondered this information, this verse of scripture popped into my mind, "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares" (Hebrews 13.2). The Lord spoke to me and told me to take him the forty miles to Jesup (Amtrak station), and to give him that $100 I had in my pocket. I obeyed. Out of the mouth of this man came answers to some of my prayers I had prayed. One of these prayers was about going to Washington, D.C. I later went on this mission, and the Lord used me in a great way.

On 28 February, 2004, after church, the Lord spoke to me and told me to go to Ocala, Florida, about 160 miles from where I live. I packed a few belongings and drove on down there. When I arrived, I asked the Lord where to stay, and He directed me to the old Ritz in downtown Ocala. I booked my room, and looked around at some of the sights. I retired for the night, and woke up refreshed. I went down to the area where they served a continental breakfast. The attendant and I were the only ones there. I got a cup of coffee and a few pastries, and sat down. Soon, in walked a young woman whose presence filled the room. She had the brightest blue eyes and a glow about her. There was a karaoke machine there, so I asked her, jokingly, if she was the singer. She then begin to sing a beautiful song, I Can Only Imagine, a song about heaven. When she sang, it was so beautiful and peaceful. I talked with her some about the Lord, and relayed some of the burdens I was going through. She told me that God loved me, placed her hand (the warmth of her hand was incredible) on my heart, and said, "You are a good man. God loves you very much and will take care of you." She then departed and I was left with a lasting impression of God's wonderful love. About an hour later, I went to my truck to leave, and there, posted on my window was a note. It said, "God said to me...with all the riches you've stored...you've got so much rewards to choose from...and all you want is love..You shall have it." I still have the note. I never seen her again (she could have been anywhere between the ages of 18 to 30). And the Lord has showered His love upon me. I am blessed.

walkin2e

[/CENTER]

Old 03-28-2010, 06:46 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospelsaves View Post
What do you think Angels look like if you believe they exist?

I've read different things about people saying they were in the presence of an angel. Some say the being was made out of pure light. Others say the being they believe was an angel was in the form of a man. Still others say the being they saw had huge wings and was enormous.

So what do you think an angel looks like? Can they change forms? And if so what do you think their true form looks like?

Does anybody on the forum have any personal experiences with Angels...do you think you've every seen one? If so give details. I've met some wonderful people that to me were angels...hmmmm I wonder
They're leprecauns

http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/leprechaun4.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-28-2010, 07:00 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
If you go back to the original source (I refer to Hebrew Scripture, called by some the Old Testament), you'll find that the term "angel" means messenger. This does not imply a winged being, a being of pure light, or any other such fantastical imagery. The fact is, a lot of people have some very vivid imaginations.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:26 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default I don't think so......

Fred 314X said:

Quote:
The fact is, a lot of people have some very vivid imaginations.
How true, Fred. Adding to the confusion, only those who want to believe, or are pre-disposed by their faith (see: {geek}'s link and commentary above) ever "see" such apparitions. Never we committed atheists. Even those of us who, like me, were once Christian but came to "alternate realizations".

If they exist, and there are those who cliam to have actually seen them, why then the variations in appearance? Why do some have wings (as has been suggested in literature, paintings adn scripture), and others do not? Some "luminate"; others are simply people. what was the interpretation in the movie City of Angels with nick Cage & Meg Ryan, or like Ben Affleck in Dogma. All different.

I'm also truly curious why God would choose geek to save twice, yet she committed the technical sin of divorce. (No moral judgment here; ditto for me, but it's just that my minister reminded me of those words he'd spoken at my wedding about "what God hath joined here, let no man... blah blah blah, etc. etc.)

In our family, an 18 month-old sibling brother, who'd hardly had the opportunity to sin, fell down a well hole and died. I heard just this week that some trucker in, if I recall correctly, Florida, went to sleep, crossed the median, and annihilated an entire innocent family, including children, in a mini-van.

Hmmm. Some god, some angels. A simple construct of belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality