Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 08:51 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,087,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
If you read the article, it's supposed to start May 21'st and end in October. I guess that covers it if the end isn't on Saturday. They'll have all summer to con more people into believing it.
And of course, summer is tornado and hurricane season. So every storm that pops up will be "further evidence that the end is near."

Here's my favorite part in the CNN article:
"We met Ramrajie in Tampa after his 7-year-old daughter issued a doomsday warning about how the sun would “turn red like blood.” He stood by and nodded his approval as she spoke about dead bodies and her fears of dying."

So, they're using a 7-year-old girl's nightmare as a point of reference.

Here's the timeline I was referring to:
"He plans to spend the last days praying, up until the early hours of Saturday - when he’ll both pray and wait for 16 hours.
Why 16 hours? Morrell explained that the massive doomsday earthquake will start at the International Date Line before moving west. New Zealand, he said, will get hit first – at 6 p.m. local time. And then that wave of destruction will roll around the world, wreaking havoc at 6 p.m. in each time zone."

I have to admit, getting a bunch of friends to quit their jobs to go riding around the country camping in an RV does sound like fun.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:04 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,017,739 times
The doomsday campers seem to relish in the thoughts of this disastrous onslaught. I guess they are all set and willing to part ways with their disbelieving/hellbound family and friends this weekend that's kind of emotionally rawdawg imo.
Rapture Weekend 2011 the final countdown!!! For now!!!

Old 05-19-2011, 03:03 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,029,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
And of course, summer is tornado and hurricane season. So every storm that pops up will be "further evidence that the end is near."

Here's my favorite part in the CNN article:
"We met Ramrajie in Tampa after his 7-year-old daughter issued a doomsday warning about how the sun would “turn red like blood.” He stood by and nodded his approval as she spoke about dead bodies and her fears of dying."

So, they're using a 7-year-old girl's nightmare as a point of reference.

Here's the timeline I was referring to:
"He plans to spend the last days praying, up until the early hours of Saturday - when he’ll both pray and wait for 16 hours.
Why 16 hours? Morrell explained that the massive doomsday earthquake will start at the International Date Line before moving west. New Zealand, he said, will get hit first – at 6 p.m. local time. And then that wave of destruction will roll around the world, wreaking havoc at 6 p.m. in each time zone."

I have to admit, getting a bunch of friends to quit their jobs to go riding around the country camping in an RV does sound like fun.
I would consider that child abuse.

And, yeah, it would be fun to get the friends and drive around. As long as there is beer or other alcohol at some point.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:16 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,220,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Even crazier to me is that people actually believe in religion and that what is written in the Bible is true.
While there is a lot to question, as far as accurate reporting of historical events goes, throwing out the baby with the bath water is foolish. There is much wisdom to be found there, if one cares to look for it.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:19 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,179,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
While there is a lot to question, as far as accurate reporting of historical events goes, throwing out the baby with the bath water is foolish. There is much wisdom to be found there, if one cares to look for it.
Tell me....What wisdom can be found in the bible that cannot be found elsewhere? I don't know of any, so could you kindly point it out to me.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:37 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,220,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Tell me....What wisdom can be found in the bible that cannot be found elsewhere? I don't know of any, so could you kindly point it out to me.
The wisdom of life is where you find it. The Bible has no monopoly on it. My only point was to respond to the previous poster who wondered how anyone could believe one word of it.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:26 PM

889 posts, read 826,411 times
What if this nutjob has access to a few hundred nuclear devices and he plans to blow the world up on the 21st of May, 2011? Wouldn't that suck.

So that's where that money went.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:12 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,439,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
If you read the article, it's supposed to start May 21'st and end in October. I guess that covers it if the end isn't on Saturday. They'll have all summer to con more people into believing it.
No the world actually ends in october but all of the 'true saved christians' get beamed into the clouds this saturday,so if they are still here on sunday it didn't happen......and my commute will still suck on monday when they all return to work and beg for their jobs back!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:03 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,743,599 times
to whom it may concern>>> i take a cruise by hail bop comet every few weeks in me new neutron drive space craft, and i am willing to drop off any nut jobs that want to ride on it. it's a one way free trip with beer included, all you can drink

Old 05-19-2011, 10:35 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,518,017 times
Dang, bro, talk about a blast from the past! I not only resemble those remarks, I was a participant!

-- Nighteyes (Class of '64, RSVN '65-'66)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.