Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:57 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,796,744 times

Advertisements

Is it possible to agree with everyone on this thread?? YES, it is -- oh, and I do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 08:35 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,852,751 times
Default foundations.....

Quote:
Love For The Lord Or Bible Knowledge Only

Would you rather have complete love for the Lord with limited Bible knowledge `or a vast amount of Bible knowledge only? Would you consider a vast amount of knowledge as arrogance?

Let me say... that a house built upon feelings is a house built upon sand. If how we feel is based on our hearts... you can bet... that what you feel today will be different tomorrow. Commitment produces solid devotional love to God. Every foundation must be solid, strong, true, consistant, and forged with great care. How to build that foundation is what makes for a solid home, and is no different about knowledge and love. The law gave us that. This is the same thing a child must know at home. He must follow the rules... and honor his parents. Jesus did not come to abolish the law but to perfect the law. The simple fact remains... knowlege imparts Love. Motion produces emotion... not the other way around.... and the truth is ... You can't have one without the other. The Bible is a perfect example... the Old Testement gave us instruction and the New Testement gives us the new covenant that "perfects" the law. The law is then bound in your heart... and what is the command of Jesus? To love our God with all our heart and to love thy neighbor as ourselves. This is the perfection of the law... and without the law... this would be words spoken with no substance.

We all start by drinking milk. We mature ... and as a result of the love given to us... we return love as "obediance". We become adults... we then see how difficult it was for our parents, and the sacrafices they made, and the trials they went through for us... and then we REALLY love them. Knowledge imparts love. Motion produces emotion. This is a great mystery to many... especially women, because their world is processed through emotions. Love reigns supreme. For men... our world processes through respect... it is just they way God made us. Neither "way" is better... neither is wrong... after all God's plans are perfect.

The affect of knowledge and love intergrating, produces a energized cycle, where knowldge imparts love and love imparts knowledge via the close personal relationship we forge with Jesus. The product is love for a loving God. All instruction from the Bible is built upon foundational virtues... from which all is then added. How smart is our God... His plan is perfect and His clock keeps perfect time.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:19 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,893,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Gee, I wonder what people did before reading became something that everyone could do? Could it be possible that what they felt in their hearts was enough?
Romans 2:14
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves

Bud

Old 08-01-2007, 09:28 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,467,185 times
Mark, you couldn't have answered that any better, your posts are a blessing to us.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:22 PM

292 posts, read 934,727 times
For me it all started out with love for the Lord!!! Because he loved me first! The word came later. I am still working on getting to know the word better because I find what goes in, comes out. Helps me to understand what I'm going through also in my walk with the Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality