Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:46 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,385,493 times

Advertisements

Well, if you have followed my story, you know that I have been having a rough go at things. For some reason, as I was getting ready for work yesterday, my daughter Lindsay came to me in the bathroom, as I was fooling with my hair.

She said,"Mommy, What if there were no Alexander or Lindsay?" These are my childrens names. It brought tears to my eyes. I told her that my life would be empty, incomplete. I would be so sad.

She sad, but there are, Mommy. I said, I know, and my life is so happy, You are the best things in my life and with you I am so happy and my heart is full...and I love you so much.

Now, I dont know what made her ask me those ??. My daughter, as posted before, has Aspergers Syndrome, and this is in the Autism Spectrum, my son was Baptised when he was 11. I never really said much to my daughter on it. I never thought she would understand it truly, until maybe adult hood.

She has always been taught about Christ and what he did for us.

Now, she goes to extended school year, just to retain last years info, so that next year she will start like new, not forgetting the things she learned....

We waited for the bus. She is 11. Mommy. Yes Lindsay. (God I love her)

I want to be Baptised. Do you know what that means? Yes Ma'am. And she told me everything! She did give her heart to Christ last year, but she was never Baptised. I melted. I did not cry, when she sees tears, she thinks of sadness. But when she got on that bus, I cried heavenly tears of joy. My baby girl knows that she wants to give her heart to Jesus.

esterday started out wonderful.. May have ended out so very terrible, but I must mark the day on how wonderful it truly was.

Robyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 03:14 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,582,285 times
Default God's Love

That brought a tear to my eye.It is great that your daughter is filled with the Holy Spirit and that she wants a personal relationship with Him.You can see the way the Lord is working in your daughters life,even with her complication,His evidence is present.I am so happy for your daughter and your family that I can feel the joy it brings.God Bless.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:02 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,749,470 times
WOW!! thats great! Brought a tear to my eye as well..Im happy for you both. God is great! Even better when you see him at work in your own childrens lives.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:29 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,203,524 times
How awesome and inspiring. I love your posts!

Old 07-17-2007, 04:36 PM

194 posts, read 1,028,693 times
This is just awesome Cinderobyn. God is so good.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:21 PM

God is so good, you are right. Lindsay is now on the Baptism list.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:25 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,526,976 times
"Suffer the little children, to come unto me", AMEN

Old 07-17-2007, 10:41 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,466,146 times
This is the best thing I've read/heard all day!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, and God Bless.

"Children are the reward of the womb" . . . . "For this Child I Prayed, and the Lord Answered my Prayers" . . . . these are some of my favorites.

You are doing a wonderful job leading your children to Christ, think about that when you are down and your spirit will be uplifted, Blessings

Old 07-18-2007, 01:31 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,013,732 times
That is so absolutely WONDERFUL! Isn't it amazing how, when so many things come our way to bring us down, God works in another way that is so amazing?! In the midst of our trials and storms, God is so faithful to give us a rainbow. What a blessing you have been given!

Old 07-18-2007, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
That is so absolutely WONDERFUL! Isn't it amazing how, when so many things come our way to bring us down, God works in another way that is so amazing?! In the midst of our trials and storms, God is so faithful to give us a rainbow. What a blessing you have been given!
Yes it is, when these days are so horrible for me, it is my children that lift me, of course the Lord, but beforeme, in front of my very eyes, my children. They see my pain, unfortunetly, and they are wonderful.. they show every ounce of love in their bodies, and give forth unto me, and I recieve, and give back, with all the love in my heart. Their hugs and kisses feel so good. I love them so much more than words could even find the explanation for....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality