Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:57 AM

223 posts, read 269,380 times

Advertisements

"When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money." Cree Prophecy

As we continually hand more and more control over to corporate entities, guided by the sociopathic principle of making profit above all other aims. Corporations that ultimately inslave us all and prevent us from being our own masters, and doing our own thinking, where are we going as a culture?

What is the ultimate goal that we as a species are striving for now? Is it as it once was exploration?

Are we concerned about anything other than our immediate comfort?

What will the litany of history say about us when we go? (Assuming there is someone left to write it down).

Will we ever be in a position where we are forced to discover with horror, that money isn't going to sustain us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 10:05 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,225,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank316 View Post

As we continually hand more and more control over to corporate entities, guided by the sociopathic principle of making profit above all other aims. Corporations that ultimately inslave us all and prevent us from being our own masters, and doing our own thinking, where are we going as a culture?

What is the ultimate goal that we as a species are striving for now? Is it as it once was exploration?

What will the litany of history say about us when we go? (Assuming there is someone left to write it down).

Will we ever be in a position where we are forced to discover with horror, that money isn't going to sustain us?
Sadly, for this....it is only a matter of time.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:58 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,238,588 times
Quote:

That is why in the Bible Mathew 6:24 is written for us to read...and eventually understand...eventually?....it seems the big wiggs running the planet to ruin, do not want it any other way....with their police brutes, and weapons of mass destruction pointed at every corner of the world order...WE submit to the IDOL and pollute the planet for bent profits and gains or die via their opressing us, sactions on our trade, Duties to reduce our profits, Taxes to support the EVIL, and Prohibition laws to stop us from completing what God asked we do!....

Ugly as it is...it has never been so clear...and yet so backwards..."First will be last and last will be first"...And yet people do not see it as a problem, cause they are blinded by the luxuries....let em eat their money then.

It might make em richer in spirit?????????

Be well...and sow some seeds sinlessly for God, and the future realities to come with Christ Jesus.....And see what comes from that service done right....and about time eh?
"those who do the will of the Father, shall enter paradise"...a self fulfilling paradox.

Do it for free...and freedom is yours!...Share everything like God shares Genesis 9:3...and it cuts the throut of the beast!

No money required, Nor wanted (engraven Image thing told not to have) and God's hand returns to the lands, to make them abundantly Giving...for those who listened and fulfilled the restoration ACT 3:21...not profaning any of the givens ACTS 10:15...when it is done Rev 17:17

God will walk with you!

And that is something they (the demonica) do not want to happen!

What is EVIL is knowing that something is detramental to the whole life force...and yet they continue to use and make the same ERROR and detramental acts to pollute everything and everyone..to sell em a bandaid...because it profits them for the moment...but in the long run...they suffer more so in the end!...and as they see it coming, they want all signed in on their EVIL and SINS...SO they make more wars!...and use fear (they created on the other side of the coin) to gain the popular vote!...and it is coming more into view....and still they do not listen, nor change their EVIL ways....

Wonder why?..$ATAN RULES THEM!

Old 10-18-2010, 06:01 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,678,830 times
More Words Of Wisdom;

I do not think the measure of a civilization is how tall its buildings of concrete are. But rather how well its people have learned to relate to their environment and fellow man.

Sun Bear of the Chippewa

Old 10-18-2010, 09:30 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,675,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
More Words Of Wisdom;

I do not think the measure of a civilization is how tall its buildings of concrete are. But rather how well its people have learned to relate to their environment and fellow man.

Sun Bear of the Chippewa
Since this thread is relative to "Words of Wisdom"...I hope you don't mind if I refer, and share, the awesome links you gave me when I requested a recommendation from you.

All one has to do is go to my "Profile"...look at the message ptsum sent me. Those links will bring you to some of the most moving, inspiring, teaching, comforting, and contemplation stimulating words you will ever read. Wisdom, on wisdom, on wisdom. There are links in the links too--check those out as well. I've made it part of my routine to read some of it every day...and I've forwarded the links to dozens of people. Fantastic stuff...you'll see.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,191,923 times
I totally agree with the sentiment of this thread. However, despite what I long for - a world that is right, and true and just and fair for ALL peoples - does not exist.

Humans are imperfect. There is something in their makeup which prevents them from truly being a child of nature (or God, if you prefer). The only thing that will change this world that we live in is a holocaust of monumental proportions. And even then....even then....eventually the imperfections will one day take over and we will be headed back on the same track.

We can fight it, but we will not win.

I think that those of us who yearn are seeking another world, another dimension, and we will not find it in this life.

sadly

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-18-2010, 09:48 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,896,114 times
Quote:

First of all, you and I are the corporations. When corporations profit, we profit.
Any time you have no use for money, send it to me.

You're living better now than 50 years ago.

What's wrong with corporations? Do you have a better way of doing things than our current way? Do you have a mechanical plan to implement this way of doing things, something PhDs, MBAs, engineers, and scientists haven't already thought of?

Old 10-19-2010, 04:42 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,256,361 times
Originally Posted by Charles
Quote:
What's wrong with corporations?
Corporations only care about their survival and not humanity's.
A corporation does not need air to breath nor does it need food to eat.

Quote:
First of all, you and I are the corporations. When corporations profit, we profit.
No I am not a corporation.
I do not profit from polluting my environment, only corporations do.
Whatever only profits humans and not corporations (like an unpolluted environment) get ignored by them.
Corporations will only contribute to a clean environment if they profit financially.
To survive man only needs to cooperate with his environment, so corporations are completely unnecessary for mankind's survival.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:28 AM

7,525 posts, read 17,015,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

You're living better now than 50 years ago.
Not really. I just have more money than I did. I'm no happier than my dad was. He had more joy in a Gunsmoke episode in black and white than I do now in Law and Order in full graphic color. Our food was better then, it was local, fresh, had flavor. Today I have more variety.....strawberry's, melons, grapes, but they are virtually tasteless....just a shadow of the flavors from 50 years ago. Meat today comes from factory farms, meat then came from the local butcher that ran his own farm and bought from local growers and breeders.

No, we have more crap today, but the quality of life is less.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:56 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,896,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Charles Corporations only care about their survival and not humanity's.
A corporation does not need air to breath nor does it need food to eat.

No I am not a corporation.
I do not profit from polluting my environment, only corporations do.
Whatever only profits humans and not corporations (like an unpolluted environment) get ignored by them.
Corporations will only contribute to a clean environment if they profit financially.
To survive man only needs to cooperate with his environment, so corporations are completely unnecessary for mankind's survival.
If you own stock then you are the corporation.

Corporations are us, humanity and I am glad the corporations care about survival.

Corporations have led the charge in cleaning up the environment. In fact, there are lots of corporations which have mission statements to clean up the environment. You think it is bad now, you should have seen it 40 or 50 years ago

Environment and Energy: A success story: USA AIR POLLUTION FACTS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality