Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:34 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,440,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Hard to believe.... it's like scenes from an Idiocracy-type black comedy.

That "God wants to work for ME!" feel-good schtick is really disturbing. Leaves people prey to the Glenn Becks of the world.
My parents are like that. Deep-down they feel that they have had a very-charmed life because they are Christians. I remember after the tsunami, my mother said, "You know. They aren't Christians..."

Anything good that happens in my life my mother attributes to her praying for me. Anything bad, well, no one says anything. They probably write that off as being deserved.

I once asked her about all the starving babies in this world. It hung heavy in the air but there was an implication that they were sinners because of their non-Christian parents.

They really think that nothing bad happens to Christians.

I knew that the *** would be up for them, eventually, but it took a lot of years. But this past year my mother found out that she is losing her eyesight. Oh, she didn't take that well. I mean, who would? But you could see the look of betrayal on her face. She looked hurt, like her god has somehow broken a pact.

Of course, she is now convinced that her eyesight is coming back and everything is just fine. She says there has been some miracle discovery. No doubt this was created just for her. So she just keeps praying...

Fortuntately, my parents think Glen Beck is nuts. I'll give them that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 11:41 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,847,271 times
I believe that they are representative of the modernism of the old generation. You listen to them they listen to you, but are you implying that they could not respect the law without consequentially feeling some Addler's guilt competition for what they or let's say other immigrants feel?

Old 09-09-2010, 01:25 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,440,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
I believe that they are representative of the modernism of the old generation. You listen to them they listen to you, but are you implying that they could not respect the law without consequentially feeling some Addler's guilt competition for what they or let's say other immigrants feel?
Who are you responding to and what are you saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality