Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:52 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,821,892 times

Advertisements

Somebody please explain what is supposed to happen before, during and after the second coming of Christ. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 12:03 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,204,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Somebody please explain what is supposed to happen before, during and after the second coming of Christ. Thanks!
Oh, here we go, Irishmom! Pre-trib, Mid-trib, Post-trib! Whole new ball of wax!

Old 06-18-2007, 12:06 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,118,738 times
As best as I can explain without going into great detail, conditions on the earth are going to get worse. Although we have faced disasters of all kinds in history, we will see greater and more frequent ones from now on.

Man's treatment of one another will continue to deteriorate. Father against son, mother against daughter etc. It will get worse than it is today, as bad as it already is.

Commerce and financial activities will begin to center around Europe rather in the U.S. and worldwide. Devices will be developed to track our whereabouts. News will continue to pour out of the Middle East, especially regarding Israel.

Christ will return when a push toward a one world government will begin to formulate. Religions will merge doctrines and ideals, paving the way for a one world religion.

After He returns to take His people with Him, there will be 3-1/2 years of peace and harmony followed by wars unlike any seen in history. Don't want to be here then.

Anyway, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. That's about what I know so far although I know there is more to read up on. Hope that helps a little.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:08 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,118,738 times
jeffncandace is right though.....it all depends on how one views these different takes on the tribulation. The one I listed is the pre-trib version.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:13 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,821,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
After He returns to take His people with Him, there will be 3-1/2 years of peace and harmony followed by wars unlike any seen in history. Don't want to be here then.
Ok so where is Jesus and His people during the 3 1/2 years?

Old 06-18-2007, 12:17 PM

688 posts, read 2,838,109 times
Irishmom,

May I suggest you get ahold of the Lost Behind series, and watch them. Also, read the book of Revelations, it reveals that there is much more than we could possibly imagine to come. Throughout the Bible, it gives us many scriptures on the prophesies that will be filled, signs, etc. as well.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:20 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,750,529 times
i really really wanna chime in, but I wont....lol cause that makes twice now I agree with Jeff.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:23 PM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Quote:
Christ has died. Christ has risen. Christ will come again.

Beyond that...no one knows.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:46 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,204,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
i really really wanna chime in, but I wont....lol cause that makes twice now I agree with Jeff.
This is getting scary!! LOL

Old 06-18-2007, 01:56 PM

954 posts, read 814,161 times
Quote:
Before:
Many people will give away all their possessions.....as they have done on previous "second coming" events.

During:
All those people will stand on a hillside or mountain top wearing silly clothes.

After:
They will realise that they were wrong...just like all the others that have gone before them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality