Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:57 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,820,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Before:
Many people will give away all their possessions.....as they have done on previous "second coming" events.

During:
All those people will stand on a hillside or mountain top wearing silly clothes.

After:They will realise that they were wrong...just like all the others that have gone before them.
Hmmm kind of sounds like Woodstock doesn't it....LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 02:04 PM

954 posts, read 813,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Hmmm kind of sounds like Woodstock doesn't it....LOL
Ah Woodstock! Those were the days eh Irish? Free love, free sex, drugs, flowers, Hendrix......... poisonous burgers, mud!! Happy days!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2007, 04:37 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,423,977 times
I sorta have a different take on it. (Gee, big surprise there, huh, Rob? )

I'm not sure I believe in a "rapture" (I don't like that word anyway) where believers are whisked away off the planet for 7 years. I read one time (don't ask me to cite the reference because I can't recall where) that it used to be the custom in Biblical days for the subjects of a city to go outside the city to greet their returning king after he had left for a while, and then they follow him back into the city. So I think what will happen is when Jesus returns, it will be THEN that those believers who have died will be resurrected, immediately followed by the living believers becoming transformed into glorified bodies, and we will then rise up to meet the Lord in the air AS HE IS COMING BACK DOWN to Jerusalem, and we will follow behind Him as He descends into the city.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Ok so where is Jesus and His people during the 3 1/2 years?
Hmmm, but where is everyone during the 3 1/2 years?

Old 06-18-2007, 05:28 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,795,029 times
Quote:
Supposedly in the pre-trib line of thinking, true believers are raptured from earth, along with the dead in Christ, to meet him in the air before the 7 yr peace treaty with Isreal. Those 'left behind' are basically those who did not believe in Christ or knew of him but didn't commit to him and will have an opportunity to accept him, while going through the tribulation. Anyway, those raptured are in heaven until the end of the 7th year to return following Jesus when He comes to earth and steps upon the Mount of Olives, destroys the followers of the anti-christ and begins his millenial reign.

In the mid-trib view, the rapture of the church (believers alive and dead) doesn't happen until half-way through the 7yr peace treaty. Everything else stays the same.

In the post-trib view, the rapture doesn't happen until the end of the tribulation years. Everything else stays the same.

If I've mis-represented something, I apologize. I'm pretty sure that's it in a nutshell, but am always open to correction. Hope this helps.

Blessings to all

Old 06-18-2007, 05:51 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,118,244 times
What mams1559 said.....

Old 06-18-2007, 05:55 PM

923 posts, read 3,514,847 times
Quote:
Listening to the "Moody Blue's"...

Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,407,986 times
I believe in the rapture of the church, I don't believe Christians will go through any of the tribulation. I also believe that some people will be saved after the rapture and they will endure many many trials and hardships. However, the fact that Jesus is coming back all I need to know to comfort me and encourage me as I look to the future with great hope.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I believe in the rapture of the church, I don't believe Christians will go through any of the tribulation. I also believe that some people will be saved after the rapture and they will endure many many trials and hardships. However, the fact that Jesus is coming back all I need to know to comfort me and encourage me as I look to the future with great hope.
So when He comes back will people see Him?

Old 06-21-2007, 12:10 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,749,046 times
Quote:
So when He comes back will people see Him?
IMHO....the "rapture" no one will see him, but the second coming, The important differences between the Rapture and Second Coming are as follows:
(1) At the Rapture, believers meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At the Second Coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth (Revelation 19:14).
(2) The Second Coming occurs after the great and terrible Tribulation (Revelation chapters 6-19). The Rapture occurs before the Tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).according to those who believe in a pre trib rapture (which I do)
(3) The Rapture is the removal of believers from the earth as an act of deliverance (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; 5:9). The Second Coming includes the removal of unbelievers as an act of judgment (Matthew 24:40-41).
(4) The Rapture will be “secret” and instant (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). The Second Coming will be visible to all (Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:29-30).
(5) The Second Coming of Christ will not occur until after certain other end times events take place (2 Thessalonians 2:4; Matthew 24:15-30; Revelation chapters 6-18). The Rapture is imminent, it could take place at any moment (Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality