Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:01 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,330,045 times

Advertisements

I was reading a post from a lady in which she says that us men have a problem of our own making.
Here's what she wrote:

"Ok so I've read a rant today from a guy that is upset that he's gotta pay for a women's dinner, drinks, etc. for her to give it to him. Ok it's no secret that for some women this is true. They withhold sex for X amount of dates but I'm about to tell you why. Most women equate this process with making you earn it, gaining your respect, getting to know you, to not seem slutty, etc. The reason they equate these two things is because most men say they won't respect a woman if she were to give sex quickly and most men would call her a sl*t and never call her again if she did. So in a sense its a problem of your own making guys. And its crazy to me because if I slept with a guy on a first or second date, I'd still respect him. I'd still want to see him again. I believe if you're into someone and they are into you, it should not matter if you sleep with eachother on the first or second date. I think it means you've found an amazing sexual person that you're attracted to so don't let them go. Because the last thing you want is to end up in is a sexless marriage! On the couch, late at night, trolling craigslist for an affair! Now I know alot of people are going to say I'm sl*t and have no self respect for even thinking this way and that's fine. They can have their opinions. Its just not what I believe and I hope someday guys can let go of this notion that a girl is ever a sl*t and doesn't deserve respect. Or I wish they would stop complaining about how long and how much money it takes to get who they deem a respectable girl."

Is she right?

Old 04-30-2010, 12:19 PM

153 posts, read 237,390 times
Interesting notion...........but I would think it depends on the woman.........I am in my 40's and coming out of a bad marriage, I am also the breadwinner so maybe I'm different. I never dated a guy for money and still won't. I hope a guy respects me just because of me not how many dates he takes me out on.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:48 PM

6,724 posts, read 6,715,548 times
sort of

far more respect for a woman who knows how to use her brain and gives you sex on the 1st date than some ditz who holds out but can't hold a conversation beyond what she saw on Access Hollywood last night

Old 04-30-2010, 12:52 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,105,327 times
Any guy that would rant because he has to pay for a woman's dinner and drinks before he can get her into bed is a complete idiot! The dumb SOB doesn't deserve any woman, someone should wrestle him to the ground and tattoo I'm brain dead on his forehead. Sorry, this is turning into a rant, but I just can't believe there are guys out there who are that heartless, selfish and stupid. I have dated ladies that convinced me I should stay the night after what I thought was going to be the first goodnight kiss on the first date. Did I loose respect for them? No, I thought they simply liked me enough to share their emotions with me. I've also dated ladies that I didn't even attempt to kiss good night for the first four or five dates (yeah, I'm bashful and shy) that I still respected, and still dated a few times more. I don't pretend to know what women think, but I have a good idea what pleases a woman and what is a turn off to a woman. The guy with the rant in the OP's post should be a turn of to everyone...

Old 04-30-2010, 12:53 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I was reading a post from a lady in which she says that us men have a problem of our own making.
Here's what she wrote:

"Ok so I've read a rant today from a guy that is upset that he's gotta pay for a women's dinner, drinks, etc. for her to give it to him. Ok it's no secret that for some women this is true. They withhold sex for X amount of dates but I'm about to tell you why. Most women equate this process with making you earn it, gaining your respect, getting to know you, to not seem slutty, etc. The reason they equate these two things is because most men say they won't respect a woman if she were to give sex quickly and most men would call her a sl*t and never call her again if she did. So in a sense its a problem of your own making guys. And its crazy to me because if I slept with a guy on a first or second date, I'd still respect him. I'd still want to see him again. I believe if you're into someone and they are into you, it should not matter if you sleep with eachother on the first or second date. I think it means you've found an amazing sexual person that you're attracted to so don't let them go. Because the last thing you want is to end up in is a sexless marriage! On the couch, late at night, trolling craigslist for an affair! Now I know alot of people are going to say I'm sl*t and have no self respect for even thinking this way and that's fine. They can have their opinions. Its just not what I believe and I hope someday guys can let go of this notion that a girl is ever a sl*t and doesn't deserve respect. Or I wish they would stop complaining about how long and how much money it takes to get who they deem a respectable girl."

Is she right?
Damned if you do......Damned if you don't You just have to decide which you want to be damned for

Old 04-30-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Damned if you do......Damned if you don't You just have to decide which you want to be damned for
I guess we're just damned.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I guess we're just damned.
Yep, and it's all your fault!

Old 04-30-2010, 01:23 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,959 times
This is from a girl with a conservative traditional frame of mind: When a man calls a girl a sl**t for her choices, they are hiding behind that last bastion of male privilege known as the double standard. After all, the girl was not alone in the bed. I mean how piggish can one be? When a woman goes to bed with a man, she is in fact saying she finds him very attractive. A huge compliment. Then he turns around handles what happens after badly, by disrespecting her. It's almost as if he thinks that he gets to consider himself "a decent guy" if he shuns after that. If he thinks being a decent guy had anything to do with whether one engages in casual sex or not, what's he doing in the clubs trolling for tail in the first place???? Hypocrites.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Yep, and it's all your fault!
Sure. Wanna go out on a date? I promise I will want to get laid only after the 8th date.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:59 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,351,786 times
This "double standard" has been explained. Women who cannot navigate this male crap test(or more accurately low investment/high investment test) is much like a man who cannot navigate the myriad that women toss at men. Reproductively speaking, men historically only knew who their offspring were based upon the speculative fidelity of his woman. The reverse scenario of pump and dump is the man who flunks as a sexual partner, but is accepted as a provider where she will, often unwittingly, set the stage for the eventual cuckolding.

Base instincts + socialization = ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships