Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:37 PM

18,257 posts, read 14,547,019 times

Advertisements

The OP shouldn't be jealous of that guy from the book. That guy was hooking up with all kinds of nasty, std ridden, mean,crack addicted, shallow women. If the OP seriously wants to live like that, then he probably can. Just start making money selling drugs or any other way that brings in good money, and all the yucky girls will follow you around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,928,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enamdar View Post
How do you endure this world? I try to do something that makes me happy everyday, and I love to read books that make me happy also, or at least that make me think. I have a job that makes me happy, though not very well paid. Still I'd rather love what I do. And what is your advice for me? Get a job and get the heck out of your parents basement. It's pathetic that you isolate yourself in your parents house and read crazy stuff like Tucker Max to prove your point that everyone is bad. Tucker Max is extreme, not normal. And if you get gainfully employed, you'll have a much better chance at getting a date and you can hope that she's not the type who'd seek out a date with Tucker. And try to read something more uplifting than some other guy's sexcapades. You'd probably enjoy some philosophy.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:40 AM

76 posts, read 127,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celadon View Post
enamdar,

As I'm sure your parents have already (or should have) told you, grow up. If you don't like the way the world is, then be a good example and maybe change a few things - but don't navel-gaze endlessly and then complain about epic levels of brutality. That's a huge exaggeration, and ignores the ability of humans to transcend their biological instincts.

Just because Weekly Standard prints something, doesn't mean it's gospel. Most people might fall into that category of being influenced by base instincts, but not everyone acts on them.

Additionally there's also something to be said for the philosophy of "don't knock it until you try it". If you've never been to a club or a strip bar, try going to one first and understanding it so that you have a better idea of what you're criticizing. You might even find that it's different than what you previously thought, causing you to revise your thinking.
I suppose it is a fool's errand to try to find an answer to despair about the wretched implications of evopsych from beings crafted by the hand of evopsych. To put it bluntly whether, I am "right" or "wrong", an angel above humans or dust below animals, it is irrelevant, I am a genetic malfunction. I am what the Nazis would call life unworthy of life. It does not matter if I better adhere to some secularized crypto-Christianity better than my "fellow" humans. At the end of the day I was playing by the wrong rules of the wrong game. It would be ridiculous to expect life, beings, to embrace an ascetic philosophy that is a road back to nonexistence.

Well thanks for the feedback. I suppose there is nothing left to do but study the most abstract philosophy till my parents throw me out, that is the closest one can get to escaping the earthy fleshiness of humanity.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:28 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,971,651 times
Or get a job.

Quote:
I suppose there is nothing left to do but study the most abstract philosophy till my parents throw me out,

Old 04-30-2010, 07:30 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,216,166 times
Quote:
I suppose it is a fool's errand to try to find an answer to despair ...

Well thanks for the feedback. I suppose there is nothing left to do but study the most abstract philosophy till my parents throw me out, that is the closest one can get to escaping the earthy fleshiness of humanity.
No, it is a fools errand when you do not listen to good advice. If you are interested in philosophy study Pragmatism
it will serve you much better in your situation. The other things is to stop indulging in the darker side of the human soul.

I do not know you but I wish you luck. You are going to need it until your thinking changes.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:40 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,021,477 times
Hi enamdar, I've missed you.

You're clinically depressed. Think about getting out of the illness you're mired in: until then, you will not be physically able to think about the world any other way. It might still be too early for you - you're obviously still enjoying the attention you get from your analysis of all the soul-sucking philosophy you can read. I'm not suggesting anything other than if you think you want to live a life, get some help.

Do something. You're smart and sensitive. You might be able to be (gulp) happy one day. I'm not saying you want to be happy but who knows? You might like it.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:29 PM

I suppose if humanity really is defined by the nature crafted by evolutionary psychology, then I want nothing to do with humanity. Men are brutal sadists and women are insane masochists. That is what evopsych teaches. Who would want to live among, much less succeed with such beasts? Who wants to be made happy with the cruelty and brutality that evolution has molded human minds to be pleasured by? I must admit I'm surprised that the great mass of humanity is so content with their hellish lot. Humans think life as slaves or serfs, under torture and poverty are worth living for the sake of living. Perhaps under the dream that someday the victim will be the victimizer. But I shouldn't be surprise that is what the genes have programmed.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Hi enamdar, I've missed you.

You're clinically depressed. Think about getting out of the illness you're mired in: until then, you will not be physically able to think about the world any other way. It might still be too early for you - you're obviously still enjoying the attention you get from your analysis of all the soul-sucking philosophy you can read. I'm not suggesting anything other than if you think you want to live a life, get some help.

Do something. You're smart and sensitive. You might be able to be (gulp) happy one day. I'm not saying you want to be happy but who knows? You might like it.
Would life be better, and free of despair if I saw other humans as unthinking moving objects instead of minds ?

From studying evopsych I have grown deeply disturbed and hateful of humanity. A bunch of sadistic beasts, red in tooth and claw, angling for domination. I wish to never see another human being ever again. I've cut myself off for over a year hiding in the basement till my parents throw me out.

Maybe it be better if I was unaware of humans possessing other minds. If I viewed them as rocks, chairs, hurricanes, viruses. Then I would have no more hate towards victimizers and sympathy towards victims than I hate cancer or a hurricane. Or pity for a dead tree. Just look at humans as moving objects on the landscape.

Would that make things better?

Old 04-30-2010, 09:02 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,073,243 times
Quote:
From studying evopsych I have grown deeply disturbed and hateful of humanity. A bunch of sadistic beasts, red in tooth and claw, angling for domination. I wish to never see another human being ever again. I've cut myself off for over a year hiding in the basement till my parents throw me out.
Yea, I feel the same way.

I like to read about history and I have cried as I would read over eye witness accounts of the rape and pillaging that occurred over countless of times going back into the remote past.

The thing is, reading such things causes me to appreciate my life even more and it also causes me to try and create a better future for myself and others around me.

However, on your end, you're taking the issue in a different direction whereby you think that you will be better off cutting yourself completely off from everybody else, and you're doing additional damage by not taking care of yourself (ergo getting a job).

Well, if that's the road you want to take, go for it, but if your parents do kick you out, and you're in the streets, life is going to get much harder then you already think it is.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,021,477 times
Quote:
Would life be better, and free of despair if I saw other humans as unthinking moving objects instead of minds ?

Maybe it be better if I was unaware of humans possessing other minds. If I viewed them as rocks, chairs, hurricanes, viruses. Then I would have no more hate towards victimizers and sympathy towards victims than I hate cancer or a hurricane. Or pity for a dead tree. Just look at humans as moving objects on the landscape.

Would that make things better?
Oh, how very human you are. Tragic and comic at the same time.

In any case, this may not may the proper forum for your postings. It seems you have no desire for any type of relationship.

Since I know how very young you are, and just how very intelligent and sensitive, I'll only ask you one more time: if all of your posts are authentic, AND you think you may want to live just to see how things turn out, consider professional help. Someone might have something to offer you that you can't find online or in a book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships