Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 07:54 AM

4 posts, read 9,952 times

Advertisements

i've known her for a while. when i first saw her i thought wow and i could tell she had a crush on me as well by the way she acted around me well before we ever even talked. we got to know each other and things were going well at first but i lost my nerve as we got closer because she is really good looking and it's rare for girls like her to like me; to make a long story short i made a mess of things by acting like a total chump. i could tell some attraction towards me was lost but we still always managed to talk.

lately there has been a lot of arguments because of me. i have pretty much given up at this point because i have messed up so much and have told her i'd leave her alone if she wants so there'd be no more bs, more than once i've said it, but it doesn't work and she only gets mad and asks me what my problem is.

believe me i don't know what it is she has told me it surprises her she has put up with me for so long and it's possible for her to hold a grudge towards somebody for making her uncomfortable and being disrespectful, which i have been many times and nothings happened and it would probably be best if it did because i make our interactions hard. i admit it and i feel bad, but there's some stuff i need to sort out first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 08:02 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,180,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoeddy1 View Post
i've known her for a while. when i first saw her i thought wow and i could tell she had a crush on me as well by the way she acted around me well before we ever even talked. we got to know each other and things were going well at first but i lost my nerve as we got closer because she is really good looking and it's rare for girls like her to like me; to make a long story short i made a mess of things by acting like a total chump. i could tell some attraction towards me was lost but we still always managed to talk.

lately there has been a lot of arguments because of me. i have pretty much given up at this point because i have messed up so much and have told her i'd leave her alone if she wants so there'd be no more bs, more than once i've said it, but it doesn't work and she only gets mad and asks me what my problem is.

believe me i don't know what it is she has told me it surprises her she has put up with me for so long and it's possible for her to hold a grudge towards somebody for making her uncomfortable and being disrespectful, which i have been many times and nothings happened and it would probably be best if it did because i make our interactions hard. i admit it and i feel bad, but there's some stuff i need to sort out first.
Tell her what you just posted here.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:12 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,542,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoeddy1 View Post

I'm with Thursday, tell her all of the above. The truth is, whatever the reason, you are not obligated to remain friends with her and she should respect your wishes.

I'm curious, why and how do you make your interactions so difficult?

Old 01-05-2010, 08:27 AM

440 posts, read 1,030,165 times
Of course she would be mad if you start saying crap like "if you want me to leave you alone I will." Thats such a lame thing to say, it just shows that you have no confidence in the friendship and are willing to just give up when she wants to be friends. Do you not want to be friends with her? Are you just being insecure with yourself because you've messed up so many times?

I mean seriously whats the problem? If you dont want to be friends anymore then just grow a set and tell her that you cant be friends with her, that its not working out for you anymore and you think it would be best if ya'll stopped talking.

My ex would say crap like "If you want to break up I understand," "I understant if you hate me, "I'm so stupid I always mess up." Then it was more of a pity party for him rather then him just being a man. The same thing goes for a friendship. Say what you mean, or own up to what you've done and either make the friendship work or end it.

I really think people make things so difficult on themselves these days. Sure you may hurt her feelings if you end things now, but the more you draw this out the more hurt you and her will be.

Good luck with everything!

Old 01-31-2014, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,807 times
I'm involved in the same type of thing. My problem is I want to make it a full fledged relationship, and she plays the game of wanting to keep it where it is. I really like the woman and I know she likes me. IF it is never going to be more, I wonder what the hell I am doing spending time with her.(nothing real intimate)
The thought of moving on hurts me. I, too, tend to cause fights with her because we aren't moving it to the next level. Everytime we fight, she always makes the effort to come back to me.
I get confused. SHe wants me, but yet she doesn't. I want her, but it feels like I can't have her.Because of that I get upset at times and cause issues out of frustration.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:12 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,721 times
I'm not sure you are clear about what you want. Do you want to end the friendship or do you want to change?

Old 01-31-2014, 02:40 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
mvkdam[famkfwe

me and my friend.

Come on!! At least pay attention in English class for 20 minutes!

Old 01-31-2014, 11:38 PM

332 posts, read 498,322 times
Okay. I'll play grammar nazi........

My friend and (I argue a lot now)

My friend and (me argue a lot now)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships