Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 06:36 AM

40,956 posts, read 49,255,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
A wise rapper once said.....
This is one of the funnest lines that I've ever heard. Wise and Rapper just seems to be 2 words that should never be used in the same sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 07:27 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post

You don't need to have a woman up under you 24/7 to be happy and fulfilled. Make your money and the rest will follow.
I agree with that sentence, but you're contradicting yourself. Get a life, yes. But, your post is still wrapped up in women as the ultimate goal. Some on this forum are obsessed with the opposite sex. It's women/men or money. No matter how much of either the lot of you obtain, I doubt it will lead to happiness and fulfillment. If you're not happy with your naked self, no person or thing is going to fill that hole.

That's not to say people don't need money to survive or affection, we surely do. But, I don't think having those things driving your ship is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
There are women out there that have their own money. I know. Shocking but true
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
yeah, I'm one of the many, many rumors that exist and so happy to make my own rumored money!
LOL Yep. For folk that only have money to bring to the table, their options are going to be limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post

Note: a shortcut is to just go to certain places in Europe and Asia. An awesome lifestyle can be had for cheap and just being an American can get you instant rock star level status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Very true, in places like Asia and Latin America, your American dollar is pretty valuable.
I will host your virtual sending off party. When is your departure date?

Old 09-04-2010, 07:51 AM

3,734 posts, read 4,550,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
People can hate on this comment all they want, and I'm sure many will -- simply because it's put in somewhat "slangy" urban terms, but for the most part, I completely agree.

Men who have nothing to offer women (because they put no energy into themselves and their lives) who then complain that women are "shallow" or "b***y" or some other deragotory adjective make me laugh. Um, no -- women, like all humans, want quality. What exactly is wrong with that again? Quality comes from effort. You want a woman? Don't be a slob. Clean up your act and you will get one.

One way to "clean up your act" is to put more effort into your professional life and "stack bills" as the OP put it. You can also put more effort into your body by hitting the gym .. your mind, by hitting the uni, library or bookstore, etc. There's lots of girls out there. Different bait for different fish .. but please, don't just sit on a dirty couch (or fouton) with a dirty shirt on, shoveling some sort of fried chip down your throat, slurping a 64-oz something or other, playing a video game and complaining that women don't "get you."

They get you just fine. They get that you're the kind of monkey who is too lazy to go for anything other than the low hanging fruit.

Well said!

Old 09-04-2010, 11:11 AM

736 posts, read 1,696,747 times
This also applies to females. I can't tell you how many friends and acquaintances I've encountered who would get into a relationship with some guy just so they wouldn't be single. I was single for a 'long time' by some people's standards. Some girls would even say stuff like, "oh, you poor thing! you need a man," to me. I didn't understand what the problem was, and then I started to wonder if I was antisocial for not wanting to have a boyfriend just for the sake of having a boyfriend. But then I met the guy who is now my boyfriend, when I least expected it, and now I'm happy with that.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:13 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,907,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Am I saying do not pursue ladies you find interesting? No.

I am saying develop other aspects of your life. Such as culture and other interests. Take courses or volunteer to be some kids "Big Brother".

It's never later to learn how to speak another language or play an instrument.

Work on your career or start the business you've always wanted to start.

This is just advice I am giving to guys that make pursuing women the center of their lives. Don't do it. Life is to short. Go out to a movie by yourself or even dinner. I do it all of the time. Dating comes easy for me BUT on most occasions, I'd rather be by myself.

I makes no difference to me if I have a lady in my life or not. If I do fine, if not, that's fine also.

Have fun. Enjoy yourself. You only life once fellas.

Ron
You only life once fellas. Wow is my son typing? j/k

Old 09-04-2010, 11:29 AM

40,956 posts, read 49,255,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You only life once fellas. Wow is my son typing? j/k
It's an older thread but Ron was right on with his advice. I'm sure someone here also said this applies to women also.

We need to be complete and whole as a person before we can be complete and whole as part of a couple. Many people use others as a crutch.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:30 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,660,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This is one of the funnest lines that I've ever heard. Wise and Rapper just seems to be 2 words that should never be used in the same sentence.
I don't want to get too off topic here, but the average rapper is wiser than most. Just saying.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It's an older thread but Ron was right on with his advice. I'm sure someone here also said this applies to women also.

We need to be complete and whole as a person before we can be complete and whole as part of a couple. Many people use others as a crutch.

YouTube - You Complete Me

Old 09-04-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I don't want to get too off topic here, but the average rapper is wiser than most. Just saying.
Some are good, some are bad. Just like anything.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:04 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,332,108 times
Quote:
Hmmm....I don't know about that one but I do notice what's always in their videos.......A WOMAN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships