Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:08 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,734,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_eh_ND View Post
Hmmm....I think the most recent upset was the husband had to go in for knee surgery. He asked the 'other woman' to take him into the city and stand by him. My friend was not invited. This was after he told my friend two of his male buddies were taking him. She later found out he had the other woman take him instead.

You're right, not the first whine, but this situation seems to be much more than a simple co-worker kind of relationship.
A - Yup you could be right. He found a woman who will Stand by Her Man. Hey, who said you have to be married to them? Those type ladies are probably pretty rare.

I had to get one of those tests in the hospital that you got to bring another person with you. Takes forever to get the appointment. Nobody and I mean like nobody would volunteer to go. So I can appreciate his loyality to The Other Woman, hey she not only would go, but Stand By Him. The Haitian guy I finally got only wanted to sit in a chair.

I think I would also probably buy her lunch on the way home. His best thing would be to arrange a swap with the Other Husband. Might have to pay some money to make up for the poor quality of his trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 09:10 AM

322 posts, read 1,234,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Well, she has two choices. She can either get a divorce (what self-respecting woman in her right mind would stay and put up with this BS???) or she can stop complaining about the situation and just live with it (since divorce is apparently out of the question). It sounds to me as though she has already made her bed, now all she has to do is lie in it.
She's Catholic...doesn't believe in divorce. She just wants to find a way to get past this/fix this. Maybe it'll ride itself out...either way, I've done and said all I pretty much can...it's up to her now. I'll be there for her, but like you said....it's her bed and she needs to lie in it.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:12 AM

322 posts, read 1,234,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
A - Yup you could be right. He found a woman who will Stand by Her Man. Hey, who said you have to be married to them? Those type ladies are probably pretty rare.

I had to get one of those tests in the hospital that you got to bring another person with you. Takes forever to get the appointment. Nobody and I mean like nobody would volunteer to go. So I can appreciate his loyality to The Other Woman, hey she not only would go, but Stand By Him. The Haitian guy I finally got only wanted to sit in a chair.

I think I would also probably buy her lunch on the way home. His best thing would be to arrange a swap with the Other Husband. Might have to pay some money to make up for the poor quality of his trade.
Now that's just plain mean!

Old 05-04-2007, 09:43 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Yeah, but the "other woman" is standing by the wrong man! Her man, as in husband is at home. Plus, why would the guy lie about who was taking him to the hospital if he had nothing to hide? Hasn't his wife already expressed her dislike of his "relationship" with this woman? If he was a real man he would be standing by his wife.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:58 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
my oh my you sure know how to arrange things,,,you set it up so well,,so carefully,,,

Old 05-04-2007, 10:54 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_eh_ND View Post
Hmmm....I think the most recent upset was the husband had to go in for knee surgery. He asked the 'other woman' to take him into the city and stand by him. My friend was not invited. This was after he told my friend two of his male buddies were taking him. She later found out he had the other woman take him instead.

You're right, not the first whine, but this situation seems to be much more than a simple co-worker kind of relationship.
I may be in the minority here, and this is an argument for another day, but I
do NOT believe you can be CLOSE friends with a member of the opposite sex (if one or both of you is married.) I'm sorry but I think it either IS currently or will eventually become an emotional affair. (Again, I'm not saying you can't be casual friends with someone of the opposite sex, but CLOSE friends, uh-uh.) And the relationship in question here sounds "close", not casual.

But, yeah, cold eh Nd, like we discussed yesterday, you have given your friend counsel. She will make her own decisions, all you really can do now IMHO is be there for her.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:27 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Maybe it really is him that deserves better. A somebody that will not go complaining to all her "Friends" about his every lil move. Including having meals with business associates. Like most things when you finally know all the facts, few things are appear as they are told or seem to be.

Almost sounds like she is lucky he hasn't kicked her out by now. I doubt this is the first whine and scream. Rarely is.
And yes, Cosmic, there ARE 2 sides to every story. Sometimes even people close to a situation aren't apprised of everything that's occurring. We are making recommendations on the facts as they are presented here. If the facts are different, then it could be "a horse of a different color!"

Old 05-04-2007, 11:48 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
What sucks is there are guys out there that would give almost anything to be married. Then there are these morons that have a wife and still choose to fool around...taking their wives, kids...everything for granted. It gives us decent men a bad rep...making it twice as hard to find that significant other.
It's just not fair...

Old 05-04-2007, 03:33 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
What sucks is there are guys out there that would give almost anything to be married. Then there are these morons that have a wife and still choose to fool around...taking their wives, kids...everything for granted. It gives us decent men a bad rep...making it twice as hard to find that significant other.
It's just not fair...
Where are those men, Rance? How do I find them?

Old 05-04-2007, 05:05 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,116,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
What about you friend inviting the other woman and her husband over for dinner

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

That's what I would do. I'd make sure the house was spotless, the meal
fabulous and have my hair and make-up "done". I'd either wear a low-cut blouse or a very short skirt (not both---too trampy).

Then I would be charming and gracious and follow my instincts. If I "sense" that it really is just a friendship, I'd chat up the "other woman". She would become, like, my new best friend. Before the evening is over we would be making plans for shopping and coffee the next weekend.

IF I sensed some sexual tension...watch out. I am going to turn on the charm to "Other Woman's" hubby. Yep. Fluttery glances. Gentle touching. Breathy voice. Intense gazes.

A couple of things could happen:

OW feels sooooo threatened, she backs off. End of game.

A "wife swap" is agreed upon. Stranger things have happened. *Some* swingers report very strong marriages. Something about getting rid of the lies and secrecy?

Or, they are reallly super-duper kinky and do the orgy thing. They film it and sell the vid for a cool mil and ride off into the sunset on a private yacht.

plaid<----loves thinking outside of the box
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships