Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:22 PM

109 posts, read 299,131 times

Advertisements

My last boyfriend (my ex)never told me he had a Facebook account and when I stumbled over it I saw that it said 'Single'. When asked about that he said he had set it up while being single and he neglected to check / update that (his status)
He was living with me but had female colleagues from work asking him on MSN on Mondays about his weekend and what he did on the weekend and many details about his free time - when I asked whether they go into personal stuff often, he ceased to bring his laptop home
He went out with the guys and could not be reached via phone, it was he who had control over when we spoke (he called when he felt like it = when it was convenient). When I expressed disagreement with that technique he answered he only spends so little time with the lads (he had to go to his homecountry to see them), and every minute of the time with them is important - afterwards it was confessed that he had been drunk out of his mind and hid from me because 'I wouldn't have been able to understand that'.
In our heyday he told me he'd 'marry me tomorrow' if he wasn't in such a huge financial mess (debt), then the debt was payed off so he proposed we moved somewhere else, get accustomed to the surroundings, and 'maybe start a family in 2 or 3 years'.

There was a constant atmosphere that made me feel ... not how I would've liked, although nothing explicit ever came out. Ever had that feeling, where you can't get rid of the sensation that the other one is keeping their options open with this type of behaviour?

Last edited by crossing over; 07-08-2009 at 01:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 01:28 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
The question is ... why do you stick around?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:31 PM

36,563 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Ever had that feeling, where you can't get rid of the sensation that the other one is keeping their options open with this type of behaviour?
Never really thought of it that way, but after my stbx filed for divorce I stumbled onto his myspace acount and he had listed his status as swinger (not sure he understands what that means) and that was 2 yrs. prior to filing.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:33 PM

109 posts, read 299,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Well, that's part of why he's my EX.

I'm only here to interrogate about whether you guys ever felt like there's not enough EVIDENCE of 1 wrongdoing, but thirds of SEVERAL ... sort of

Old 07-08-2009, 01:34 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossing over View Post
Ever had that feeling, where you can't get rid of the sensation that the other one is keeping their options open with this type of behaviour?
I don't know anything about the details of your situation, but my first impression was: If I were in his shoes, actions and attitudes like yours would probably drive me away from you.

Why is it a problem for him to keep his options open? People we are with will always have options.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:39 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:

I'm only here to interrogate about whether you guys ever felt like there's not enough EVIDENCE of 1 wrongdoing, but thirds of SEVERAL ... sort of
Don't mind me, I'm high on crack and I missed that part.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:46 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
That is the question. Why, indeed?

The boyfriend is lying to you.... you are being played but as long as you can tolerate that I guess it shouldn't bother me.

Wife and I share the home computer and laptop. She knows everything I do online (80% is business related) and we even share the same email accounts.

My wife and I have two private places.

My wallet. My wife doesn't even go into my wallet becuase it is mine. It is the one small place in the universe I don't have to share and I don't. No big deal because she knows she can go through it at any time all she has to do is ask and I would instantly hand it over. She has never asked because in over 35 years I've never given her a reason to want to.

My wallet, very small, very thin but it is all mine.

Her purse. I NEVER go into her purse even when she tells me to get her something. I take the purse to her so she can get it.

But I am weird about my wallet. It has my drivers and pilots license, a debit card, pictures of wife and kids, debit card, three or four credit cards and a collection of business cards. That's it, nothing hidden but it the thought of anyone going through that just freaks me out.

I never really noticed it before but I am obsessive over my wallet to the point of being anal.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:51 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times
Quote:

Wrongdoing?

There was no wrongdoing.

You were boyfriend, girlfriend who were dating. You did not have a ring or a date so there wasn't anything of an implied promise nature so any wrongdoing existed only in your head.

You must choose wisely.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:53 PM

911 posts, read 2,376,236 times
people should not do what they are not supposed to do

and the dummys that do always mess up somewhere and its usually on facebook or myspace

Old 07-08-2009, 01:55 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,358,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Wrongdoing?

There was no wrongdoing.

You were boyfriend, girlfriend who were dating. You did not have a ring or a date so there wasn't anything of an implied promise nature so any wrongdoing existed only in your head.

You must choose wisely.
I'd think the fact that they were living together made it more than "implied"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships