Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 02:12 PM

550 posts, read 1,216,709 times

Advertisements

I hate long holidays aswell...but I guess not for the same reason...
Since it basicly puts me up with 2 choices... sitting on my ass doing nothing or sitting on my ass playing computer/surfing...(which I rather not since I have been addicted to it before, and i rather not get back to that sewer)
When a long holiday hits, and its usually sudden for me since I'm usually too busy to check the calendar properly, which first lets me catch up, but after 4 days it kind of looks like this;
I'm out of books to read, I cant go to the gym twice a day ffs...cooking food only takes soo long...already seen this film 4 times, what to do, what to do.....
That said I do like the saturday-sunday every week since i need the time to do stuff, but when its 3 days+ I just get restless and lonely.

My "family" as I knew it died 2 months ago with my father.
It clearly showed the prioritys of other 'family' members...which is why I see it the way I do.

If that makes me a "no-no" well all I can say is - Do you want the guy or do you want his(my) social circuit?

I've never understood this whole "having a 'life'=getting drunk with friends every weeked and talking BS about it during the weekdays"-mentality

just my point of view
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 10:29 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,092,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I am not aware of any public dances. I am just not into it. I never thought of dancing as an interest of mine.
I wasn't talking to you anyway - you aren't the OP. Who cares if dancing's not your thing? It might be the OP's thing. I couldn't care less what your interests are. OP asked for advice and I gave HIM some advice. If you want to get all pissy because you don't dance, then be my guest.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:21 PM

390 posts, read 906,330 times
Twinkletoes,
Breathe in.....breathe out......lol.....feel better?

Old 05-24-2009, 10:30 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,092,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwana_b View Post
Twinkletoes,
Breathe in.....breathe out......lol.....feel better?
No, actually. I'm ready to bust a cap in somebody's ass!!!

Old 05-25-2009, 02:40 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,468,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
No, actually. I'm ready to bust a cap in somebody's ass!!!

LOL.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:22 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,830,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i hate to break it to you, but "meeting someone online" is not dating.
Dating is getting out in the world with live people doing live things, not sitting behind a computer. If you want to date, then get out in the real world with real people doing real things like classes and dancing and music and theater and hiking and camping and picnics and science and nature and car clubs and singles groups and church and the list goes on and on and on.

"online dating" is not real life and it is not normal and it does not lead to real relationships, unless and until a person gets out from behind the computer and out into the real world with real live people
Poor TVSG has an abundance of daily problems as documented in innumerable posts. Most simple things which most take for granted and in stride seem to be, for him, cause for infinite analysis and forum postings but he certainly can be entertaining in his own odd way.

TVSG, at 33 years of age have you ever had a romantic relationship outside the computer dating realm? And do you actually get out there in the world and participate in social activities just for the enjoyment of being around people and without the motivation of a possible date coming out of it?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:22 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,133,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Poor TVSG has an abundance of daily problems as documented in innumerable posts. Most simple things which most take for granted and in stride seem to be, for him, cause for infinite analysis and forum postings but he certainly can be entertaining in his own odd way.

TVSG, at 33 years of age have you ever had a romantic relationship outside the computer dating realm? And do you actually get out there in the world and participate in social activities just for the enjoyment of being around people and without the motivation of a possible date coming out of it?

No I'm a shy guy and can only meet women from the Phone or Computer. I never been able to approach a complete stranger in public.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,133,594 times
Much like I expected, so many girls are now starting to contact me from the dating site because the holiday weekend is now coming to a close. But i have no interest in talking to anyone today and plan to just watch sports and get ready for my first day of work tomorrow.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:25 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,577,766 times
i meet lots of people online. we dont date. they are not disappointed, i am not outraged and betrayed by their false assertions, then i go to a dance or an art class, everybody is happy, we go home alone and unharmed why is that so bad? pet the cat, feed the hummingbird, go to bed get up and do it again. 25% live alone, the rest wished they did.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:43 PM

550 posts, read 1,216,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i meet lots of people online. we dont date. they are not disappointed, i am not outraged and betrayed by their false assertions, then i go to a dance or an art class, everybody is happy, we go home alone and unharmed why is that so bad? pet the cat, feed the hummingbird, go to bed get up and do it again. 25% live alone, the rest wished they did.
And some (probably most) of us who are alone wish we weren't...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships