Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM

23 posts, read 88,870 times

Advertisements

I am on a couple of dating sites. A woman replied back with what she called the longest email she has written and loved my profile. A few emails back went well. She was the first to suggest meeting up. Made plans for a Saturday but she had been sick and called to cancel. We talked for a half hour and I thought it went well I said I would call her to reschedule for when she felt better. She said it sounds like fun.

I called Monday night-V Day-asked about meeting Thursday. No call or email back. I emailed Thursday night saying I enjoyed the conversation and would enjoy meeting her but she might have been nursing the cold still but let me know if you would still like to meet. She looked at my profile Friday, nothing. Monday she writes back saying she enjoyed our conversation too, had still been sick and lost 2 days work, using the holiday to catch up. Hope I had a good weekend.

Could she still interested in meeting me and just waiting for me to call again to make plans? Was this just a polite note and she isn't interested? I am puzzled I guess with getting the initial scheduled date was easy. I don't mind pursuing because she sounded fun and interesting with a lot in common. But it is online dating so I am not good at reading the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 PM

77 posts, read 171,629 times
I think you were a polite gentleman and at this point, I don't suggest calling her. Something doesn't jingle right about her story.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:21 PM

674 posts, read 1,162,549 times
Here's what you need to ask yourself in this situation.....

If you were in HER shoes, what would you do? It sounds like you'd make sure you let the other person know you were still interested, right? You'd try to reschedule as quick as possible because you are very interested, correct?

Well she's not doing that. You can't possibly no why, and it may be for a reason that has nothing to do with you.

I'd just stop reaching out to her at this point. Dating is a two way street. You've made your effort a few times, she needs to reciprocate. In the mean time you should reach out to more women via email.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,480,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
Here's what you need to ask yourself in this situation.....

If you were in HER shoes, what would you do? It sounds like you'd make sure you let the other person know you were still interested, right? You'd try to reschedule as quick as possible because you are very interested, correct?

Well she's not doing that. You can't possibly no why, and it may be for a reason that has nothing to do with you.

I'd just stop reaching out to her at this point. Dating is a two way street. You've made your effort a few times, she needs to reciprocate. In the mean time you should reach out to more women via email.
I agree. I wouldn't email her anymore, let her email you when she's ready. If she never emails back, it won't be any big deal because you'll be emailing other women by then.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:29 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,484,554 times
Don't contact her anymore unless she contacts you first. You already called once and she didn't answer. Then you emailed. You don't want to seem desperate. Give her some more time to recover her illness. I know sometimes I've had colds that last 2 weeks and I've put off dating until I feel 100% better. It is no fun to deal with girls when you're sick as a dog. If she doesn't call or write back again, then move on. There are plenty of other fish in the sea.

You also have to realize that women are extra defensive when it comes to online dating. You can have what seems like a great phone conversation, but if you call too much afterwards or come on too strong it can ruin things. The slightest mis-step and the girl will never talk to you again. You just have to learn from your mistakes, take it like a man, and try again with the next girl.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Around The Dial View Post
She looked at my profile Friday, nothing.
That's odd... I'm with the others - wait and see if she contacts you again.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:50 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,654,500 times
I would also wait. Remember it's a dating site, she's looking too. When you're single and on a site, it's not uncommon to play the field... why put all your eggs into one basket? If she's interested, she's an adult and knows how to get ahold of you. In the meantime, put your energy into what you went on there to do... date.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:02 AM

23 posts, read 88,870 times
Thank you all for your advice even though her email back was so vague, I won't contact her.

I guess I have in my head the guy pursues and makes the plans but I made my interest clear and said I wanted to reschedule so ball is in her court. Her initial interest triggered my follow up phone call and email, one of which was probably the wrong thing to do. I wouldn't have done both if not for her initial high interest. But no need for me to keep trying but just wanted an objective view on what went down.

Thank you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships