Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 05:10 PM

23 posts, read 34,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Do WE make the feel secure? Is it that WE'RE more appealing? What is it about US tall men?
No... you are definitely NOT more appealing. I look at men as individuals and am smart enough to recognize a real man when i see one. Many tall men are quite unattractive to look at, horrible dressers, have either low self-esteem or an overly inflated ego and cannot protect themselves let alone a woman. I prefer a real man regardless of his height and I've seen countless shorter and even short men who are far more attractive physically, have much better bodies, are more athletic, more manly, better providers and just overall better catches than MOST tall me. I know more than a few guys short like this personally. Some of them also do far better at attracting women than most tall men too. It's a perception thing, to each his own but don't fool yourself into thinking that if you're tall then you're automatically hot. Most are not. Reality check time.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i am only 5'2" so just about everyone is taller than me in the dating pool!

not all women prefer tall men. Those who do might associate tall-ness with someone who is strong and a protector and competent in the world

the reality is those qualities have nothing to do with height or anything else, height is really just a superficial trait that someone happens to be born with, like blonde hair. Nothing to do with anything of substance.
I agree with you 100% on that one. Seen too many big men back down from or get beaten up by little guys. Also seen to man "tall" guys sit and do nothing while a woman was being assaulted and then a short guy stopped it though all the tall guys just walked by like they didnt wanna get involved. Nobody wouldve suspected that this short guy could stand up to the big woman beater but he did. if people assume that just cuz a man is tall or big that he is tough or the protective type then they are wrong.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:31 PM

61,255 posts, read 87,652,573 times
closer to the wallet?
dont have to look at him while dancing?
chances are better he will hit his head going thru a door?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,179,514 times
tall men can reach high things and play basketball

Old 04-26-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Again here's the question:

Why Do Women Prefer Tall Men?
WE DON'T!

(Some do but also some, many, not most or the majority but MANY of us prefer short men any day of the week). I even know some tall men who prefer short men for some strange reason.

Most real women prefer real men and are smart enough to know that height does not make a man a real man. Personally I prefer short men any day of the week. (As long as they're not too short). If they're any shorter than me then they MUST be super assertive, confident, strong and physically appealing. Actually they must be those things whatever they're height. And if a man IS those things then I prefer that he's short. Cuz I'm short. I love to be able to stand and kiss my man without having to stand on a chair or strain my neck.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,604,954 times
I rarely come across women who are taller than me, so it is natural for me to be attracted mostly to shorter women. Most good looking women I met are shorter than me, though I have met a few knockouts taller then me.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
My personal preference is to have a man that I can see eye to eye with. Since I wear flat shoes all of the time, this translates into dating men that are the same height as I am. If I were to be a woman that wears high heels shoes (and most stylish dressed up women wear high heeled footwear) then I would prefer to date a man that I can see eye to eye with when I was wearing high heeled shoes... i.e. a tall man.

I feel that at 5'-7", I am of average height. And many of the shorter men I meet seem to have a chip on their shoulder about their height and it's their own negativity about their short height that is a turn off, not their physical shortness. One of my co-workers is a man that is shorter than I am, but he exudes confidence and is happy about life... he really has a great smile, and I feel that he doesn't have a problem finding a woman to date.
I agree that a short man's insecurity about his height is a super turn off. And many do have that issue. But I only deal with the short men who do not.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:13 PM

791 posts, read 1,430,001 times
Quote:
Did somebody say BIG BUTTS?

Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,015,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
roflmao!!!!!
Ditto!

Old 04-26-2010, 07:19 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,048,156 times
Why? Cause you're easier to find in the store when I'm ready to leave.

No, I think there are a lot of women out there who feel this way; I never cared about a man's height that much. If he's taller than me--I'm 5'1"--that's fine. Most of the men I've dated--including the one I married--are considered short. There are some damn fine men who aren't tall, believe me. Don't underestimate them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships