Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:37 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

If he won would that set a precidence for future organ donors? And what would the ramifications be?

Gifts should be given freely. I think its pretty low to ask someone to return a gift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 11:39 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
See, now etiquette dictates that if the woman breaks off the engagement, she's supposed to return the ring.
That might be what you or I would do, but traditionally judges have not seen it that way - a gift is a gift.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:41 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,259,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If he won would that set a precidence for future organ donors? And what would the ramifications be?

Gifts should be given freely. I think its pretty low to ask someone to return a gift.
I agree...to ask for a gift back is in poor taste...and NOOOO, I do not condone the wifes actions but he cannot change those facts by inflicting life threatening punitive damages...he needs to look at it like a bad investment, I guess.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:45 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,161,492 times
Life it too short and too limited to walk around on earth angry. She cheated on him, it happens to many of us. But you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and thank her for doing you a favor. Showing her what you don't want in your future, and showing you, it's time to focus on number 1. And, that would be you ... It will hurt for a while and that's normal, but man, to live angry and wish someone dead? God no ! I would wish them the best and never look back ....

Old 01-08-2009, 11:48 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,647,821 times
He shouldn't get the kidney back, but he should be financially compensated for it. Normally, I would say she doesn't owe him, but given that she cheated on him, I have no sympathy for her. As for the post about how this hurts the kids, that line was already crossed when she had the affair. It's bad enough that a married woman cheated on her husband but to do it when you have kids is especially appalling. Just imagine what it's like for kids to know their mother cheated on their father. Just imagine how that might influence them and shape the kind of adults and spouses they'll be. This is why so many men are afraid of marriage. It's not that they're afraid to commit. They're afraid of what'll happen if it doesn't last. Let's face it. Divorce and family law is heavily slanted towards women.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
He shouldn't get the kidney back, but he should be financially compensated for it. Normally, I would say she doesn't owe him, but given that she cheated on him, I have no sympathy for her. As for the post about how this hurts the kids, that line was already crossed when she had the affair. It's bad enough that a married woman cheated on her husband but to do it when you have kids is especially appalling. Just imagine what it's like for kids to know their mother cheated on their father. Just imagine how that might influence them and shape the kind of adults and spouses they'll be. This is why so many men are afraid of marriage. It's not that they're afraid to commit. They're afraid of what'll happen if it doesn't last. Let's face it. Divorce and family law is heavily slanted towards women.
Two wrongs DO NOT make a right. His kids are already being hurt by their mothers actions - he should be doing a better job at protecting them from further hurt and embarrassement. What he is doing with this lawsuit is not right for his kids - it's ego driven and selfish.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:53 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,161,492 times
Why should he be compensated for it, they were married - they were in a partnership. Just because someone has been treated unfairly doesn't mean you have to retaliate and be spiteful. Wish her the best and send her on her way ... We're all adults here, not little kids anymore.

I have to say. It's heartbreaking to me to hear so many sad, malicious and "I hope you die" stories about divorce. Not just this thread, but in general. There was a time when this person was your entire life and because something happen, it didn't work out, or two people grew apart they are wishing eachother dead- How dreadful. And, for the kids as well ... I see divorced fathers who become divorced and all of a sudden, "Welcome to freedom" - missing kids games, seeing kids every other weekend and happy about that ... So sad to me, really .... I think I'd rather live in sin forever- it's easier.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:04 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,316 times
I hope her body rejects the kidney later on. Then it would be a win for this guy.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I hope her body rejects the kidney later on. Then it would be a win for this guy.
And a huge loss for their kids. How old are you anyway?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,060,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Let's face it. Divorce and family law is heavily slanted towards women.
That's not true. I've been married to a loser for 12 years who never worked and abused the crap out of me and started to with the kids and if he had the audacity to ask for allimony, he would be entitled to it according to the law... oh yeah, and at least half of everything that I worked for including the home where his kids and I live.

So, in this matter, it's up to the court to read and interpret the law and in this case the question is: "Is the kidney an asset?" If he didn't donate his to her, could she have bought one? No, it's illegal, so the lawsuit will probably fail since the kidney won't have a value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships