Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 02:34 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,089,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

No kiddin'...

This is not the same. And yes, it does work, but only when accompanied by certain looks and personality.
Yeah it could have had that excuse 20 years ago when he looked like paul newman in the color of money, but he's old and decrepid lookin now, and still has A BUNCHA WOMEN IN A TIZZY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 02:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,248,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
One of the best relationships I've ever had, at least she treated me better than a woman ever has, was one where I was set from the beginning to be an absolute self-serving jerk. Man, she treated me good. But eventually she wised up and dumped my A and it felt even worse knowing that she dumped me for treating her bad. So I don't think that method is for me. Now I'm dead set on finding a woman who will treat me good without me having to resort to manipulation and A-holeness. Wish me luck.
Well, I'm not saying I'm a fan of cat/mouse games and most of this advice is not necessarily about being an A-hole. Some of the ideas have very young women and the club scene in mind. You can't go to an older woman and win by asking if her nails are fake... This might work if your goal is to get some brain-dead bimbo in bed for the night.

That being said, I do agree, though, that at the beginning certain playfulness is needed to generate interest. Women like confidence, intelligence, humor, having a plan, knowing how to act in various environments, and being a gentleman in a non-sleazy and non-clingy way.

Good luck! Based on your posts, I believe you do and will do fine with women.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Yeah it could have had that excuse 20 years ago when he looked like paul newman in the color of money, but he's old and decrepid lookin now, and still has A BUNCHA WOMEN IN A TIZZY
Maybe now his appeal is different - as Huckleberry likes to mention often, some women might get interested if he talks about frequent chest pains and problems dealing with a lot of real estate.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:25 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,050,300 times
There is some truth that these books are passive-agressive and divisive between men and women. The book I read was very negative towards women in general in parts, kind of like this is what women want and they are skeezers for wanting it (kind of like how many books paint men...)

There is also a lot of advice that isn't about games, like how to dress your best, advice on social skills, advice on body language, etc

Old 07-19-2008, 03:29 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,644,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That being said, I do agree, though, that at the beginning certain playfulness is needed to generate interest. Women like confidence, intelligence, humor, having a plan, knowing how to act in various environments, and being a gentleman in a non-sleazy and non-clingy way.
Sounds like you should write a book...

Old 07-20-2008, 04:06 AM

123 posts, read 352,126 times
I am a girl and I actually enjoyed reading The Game (stole it from my guy buddy)

Neil Strauss the author actually just summarised what most of us have learnt about women and relationships. And the things cited in his book are also taught in most psychology and relationship building classes.

I would actually recommend it to girls as well cause in the end Neil actually find himself falling in love with a girl and they are still together now 2yrs plus

And guess how she won his heart: by being confident, no pushover and not sleeping with him early in the relationship- things we have been discussing so much in this forum!

P.S Tom Cruise, Britney Spears and Courtney Love were also mentioned in his book!

Old 07-20-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princ3ss06 View Post
P.S Tom Cruise, Britney Spears and Courtney Love were also mentioned in his book!
As what - examples of what NOT to do?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I am a girl and I actually enjoyed reading The Game (stole it from my guy buddy)

Neil Strauss the author actually just summarised what most of us have learnt about women and relationships. And the things cited in his book are also taught in most psychology and relationship building classes.

I would actually recommend it to girls as well cause in the end Neil actually find himself falling in love with a girl and they are still together now 2yrs plus

And guess how she won his heart: by being confident, no pushover and not sleeping with him early in the relationship- things we have been discussing so much in this forum!

I'd be interested to read it because what I found online was quite intriguing. LOL, I know I'll see a huge red flag waving should somebody be unfortunate enough to make any mention of my nails!

Old 07-20-2008, 02:29 PM

I see Strauss is giving up the game(!) -

Neil Strauss: "THE GAME Will Change..."

Old 07-20-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I would actually recommend it to girls as well cause in the end Neil actually find himself falling in love with a girl and they are still together now 2yrs plus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I see Strauss is giving up the game(!) -

Neil Strauss: "THE GAME Will Change..."
Ha! It doesn't seem terribly surprising after the news in the other post above... I know many of us are cynical for one reason or another, but I don't think anybody's true goal is jumping from bed to bed. Ego trips might be fun for a while (most of these guys seem to be in their 20s), but everybody wants to be loved, be it female or male. Yes, you get cynical when you can't achieve it and you build walls in order not to get hurt again, but it's just a mask to get you through life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships