Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:35 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times

Advertisements

Well, I met this guy one night at a local pub and thought he was just the cutest thing ever. We chatted and shared a couple of kisses, but I neglected to offer my number or get his. I was bummed because I really had a spark with this guy (he's Argentine, in phenominal shape, and a great kisser too).

Anway, I was so happy last night to finally, after 6 weeks, run into him again. We chatted and flirted and he invited me to his house. Yeah, I did it, I slept with him.

I KNEW when he invited me to his house that that was all he wanted. Don't get me wrong, it was FANTASTIC, but not what I want in my life right now. I feel disappointed, cheap, and saddened. I'm not out "looking" for love, but I'm certainly open to the idea, but every guy I meet just wants a "wham, bam, thank you sam" and that's it Is dating and getting to know someone part of a bygone era?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 10:49 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Ach, Angel - if you were looking for a date from a bygone era, you wouldn't have gone home with him for some nookie the second time you met him would you??

If you knew he wasn't looking for something serious, and you're single and available, is haviong a wild passionate thing a bad thing??
I guess in your case it is because you feel bad about it and that sucks. If you know you are going to feel this way, then don't do it again - it sounds like one nighters are not for you.

Honestly though, I see nothing really wrong with it - especially as it was FANTASTIC!!

Old 07-17-2008, 10:52 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
I KNEW when he invited me to his house that that was all he wanted. Don't get me wrong, it was FANTASTIC, but not what I want in my life right now. I feel disappointed, cheap, and saddened. I'm not out "looking" for love, but I'm certainly open to the idea, but every guy I meet just wants a "wham, bam, thank you sam" and that's it Is dating and getting to know someone part of a bygone era?
And what exactly made you think this morning it was just a one-night stand?

Old 07-17-2008, 10:52 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Quote:
Well, I met this guy one night at a local pub and thought he was just the cutest thing ever. We chatted and shared a couple of kisses, but I neglected to offer my number or get his. I was bummed because I really had a spark with this guy (he's Argentine, in phenominal shape, and a great kisser too).

Anway, I was so happy last night to finally, after 6 weeks, run into him again. We chatted and flirted and he invited me to his house. Yeah, I did it, I slept with him.

Ohhh gosh you're human...beat yourself up some more. Let's see you have uncontrollable desires...shame...guilt..and are impatient. Yup last time i checked that's human.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Ach, Angel - if you were looking for a date from a bygone era, you wouldn't have gone home with him for some nookie the second time you met him would you??

If you knew he wasn't looking for something serious, and you're single and available, is haviong a wild passionate thing a bad thing??
I guess in your case it is because you feel bad about it and that sucks. If you know you are going to feel this way, then don't do it again - it sounds like one nighters are not for you.

Honestly though, I see nothing really wrong with it - especially as it was FANTASTIC!!
Nothing wrong with it -- I'm just disappointed because I kinda saw more with this guy. Plus, I used to be a "one nighter" kind of guy, but I've outgrown it.

Quote:
THANK YOU! You put it into perspective for me and I DO feel better now. IOW, I'm more of the "Dang! You should've seen who I went home with last night!"

Old 07-17-2008, 10:55 AM

55 posts, read 124,257 times
I've done that before..... It was dumb on my part because I thought once all that was over....... Then you start the talking hahahaha Sad but true Good luck on that? In the instant you've given up on love; love finds you.. You may have already met your soul mate and never knew it... Keep looking.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:56 AM

Ohh I forgot, you spent 6 weeks trolling for him, landed him, and now are unsure it's what you wantt in your life right now. You're seemingly confused that YOU were the predator! And after just one night you are ready to dispose of your kill. Yup...human

Old 07-17-2008, 10:57 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Quote:

THANK YOU! You put it into perspective for me and I DO feel better now. IOW, I'm more of the "Dang! You should've seen who I went home with last night!"
That's the spirit!!
How did it end up this morning?? Walk of shame home??

Old 07-17-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And what exactly made you think this morning it was just a one-night stand?
Because when he was driving me home he didn't ask me for my number or anything. We chatted a bit and he said, "have a good night" when we got to my place.

Oh well -- I scored with a hot Argentine. It is what it is (and part of me thinks that maybe with men in general that is all there is).

Old 07-17-2008, 11:00 AM

I reaLLY like your post, "bummed", "so happy" are you ever going to admit tto yourself you wanted him as much as he wanted you, or are you going to try and hold onto "he used you"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships