Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 07:52 PM

204 posts, read 111,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I like to cuddle. I couldn’t be with a guy that wasn’t into physical affection and not wanting to be physically intimate
would it be weird if he asked you if you were the cuddling type?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2022, 07:59 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
I like to cuddle. I couldn’t be with a guy that wasn’t into physical affection and not wanting to be physically intimate
What are the chances a guy on a dating app doesn't want to be physically intimate?

Old 08-16-2022, 08:24 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What are the chances a guy on a dating app doesn't want to be physically intimate?
There are a lot of people who aren’t into PDA or really into cuddling. I don’t think it is that unusual.

In the OP’s case, it seems like he wanted to get it on right away. He may have tried saying he wanted something casual, got no hits, and changed to wanting a relationship to get a different pool of women. It’s not at all surprising.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:35 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
would it be weird if he asked you if you were the cuddling type?
Not after a few dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Some people have a personality of a cat. Others a dog lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
There are a lot of people who aren’t into PDA or really into cuddling. I don’t think it is that unusual.
Exactly!

Old 08-16-2022, 08:49 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Not after a few dates.

Some people have a personality of a cat. Others a dog lol

Exactly!
I’m more of a cat- definitely not a PDA person or into super duper cuddling.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:24 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Who knows why they asked, but some people are touchy-feely and some aren't. The question wasn't necessarily about sex. I'm guessing most of the other respondents are not cuddlers.
You'd be wrong.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:16 AM

1,483 posts, read 684,656 times
Someone mentioned 'cuddles'???

Love giving them AND getting them. Always.

Never such a thing as 'enough'.

Old 08-17-2022, 04:56 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I'm a guy... I like cuddling too... but of course with those I am very comfortable with... not some random lady. I certainly wouldn't be asking if felt it was overstepping boundaries.

I have one particularly close female friend that we end up cuddling after a night of partying. We both go home to empty beds so sometimes its what we both need... some of the best night's sleep I've had.

My feeling is that if you aren't comfortable with the idea, simply say so and let it go... I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. If he looses interest, probably was looking just to hook up. If he sticks around maybe you should get to know him better.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:47 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
If this is online dating and the question is from someone you don't know, just reply "yes, love to cuddle, but I don't have sex with men I don't know well"

If he's looking for a no strings quickie, he will fade away and no loss to you.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:13 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,288,784 times
I started OLD last spring after a 3-year break following a 17-year marriage. I definitely got the cuddle inquiry. I’d say I got it on at least half of the first coffee-type meet-ups I went on. It confused me at first also, but once I spent further time with cuddlers vs. non-cuddlers, I realized “Do you like to cuddle?” was just a way for a guy who was focused primarily on sex to test the waters. If you answer “no”, you probably won’t hear from him again. If you answer “yes”, rest assured there will be a press for sex within the next two dates, and if it doesn’t happen, you won’t hear from him again. No big loss either way.

I should add that this euphemistic tactic knows no generational limit. I’m in my fifties, as were the cuddle pros I was meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships