Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2019, 08:13 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I get off the freeway this morning and I'm driving down the street and I see this guy walking down the street flipping people off. I mean just waving the bird at every car that drove by. LOL.

What a way start a Monday off, some dude flipping people off.

I'm not a fan of Monday's either, but jeez.
I think I found my perfect retirement gig.

I don’t mind Mondays. I know what I need to do, let me do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 08:23 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I think I found my perfect retirement gig.

I don’t mind Mondays. I know what I need to do, let me do it.
I stayed in my last job too long. I was getting to the point of absolutely just dreading Mondays. All day long on Sunday I'd feel depressed and anxious.

I'm in the same industry but working in a different role and it's been a real game changer for me. It's not perfect, but it's much much better. I should have made this change several years ago.

I think my "retirement" job is going to be working for a hotel driving a shuttle bus around town. It looks like a sweet easy gig, drop people off at the airport and similar things like that. Work part time, three maybe four days week at some easy mindless gig. Get me out of the house and making a few bucks on the side. Who knows, might work out ok.

I just hit 50 a few months ago and I've got at least 12 years to go before I can even begin to think about retirement.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:26 AM

Not sure what I’ll do to keep busy. I have a list of things I’d like to do. Campground host at a mountain campground would be dandy.

I like my 4/10 schedule. More of less choose my hours and weekend I work, it isn’t bad.

Old 11-11-2019, 10:21 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I get off the freeway this morning and I'm driving down the street and I see this guy walking down the street flipping people off. I mean just waving the bird at every car that drove by. LOL.

What a way start a Monday off, some dude flipping people off.

I'm not a fan of Monday's either, but jeez.
It's been slow and quiet here, only sound in the neighborhood besides the singing birds are the trash trucks. I love getting to stay home on a holiday. Was thinking of taking the kids to see a matinee but we're all too lazy after an action-packed weekend.

We did see a guy muttering to himself on the sidewalk yesterday, in a very facially animated way. Seems like everyone could use a mental health day. For some of us, the daily tolerance threshold is depleted especially in the areas where congestion is a palpable issue, so whenever I can avoid transit/going places, I take full advantage.

If you ever want to see what it's like to burn through your whole day's supply of tolerance, plan a shopping trip to Costco at 11:00 am on a Sunday, close to the holidays. Between the heavy combat outside for finding a parking spot to the crazies trying to run you over as you approach the store, the families who must walk shoulder to shoulder like a phalanx throughout the store, the Sunday shoppers who stop and block the way at the very first impulse item display at the entrance, the squadrons of small children running around with no parents in sight, the clusters of looks-loos who simply MUST get their sample at each station whether the mini tacos are still in a frozen state or not - creating an impasse at every major intersection, or the mindless numb-nuts who have absolutely no sense of self-awareness and think the store exists solely for their perusal and can't be bothered to pull to one side or another, and my personal favorite, the wanna-be Brits who insist on pushing their carts past you to the left instead of the right.

$270 later I was able to drive my bounty home. Picked up a lot of cool stuff, including gifts for the holidays. This is my second year at Executive Member level and it pays for itself with the cash back option. For anyone who has never had a $4.99 Costco rotisserie chicken before, you don't know what you're missing! They had a seafood weekend event at my local Costco so I picked up a big package of fresh rockfish for the first time. So good, way better than tilapia or swai.

I'll be baking vegan chocolate brownies soon, my way to relax and unwind.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:24 AM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Before I left for Europe I saw a rooster walking around in Santa Monica. Santa Monica! I thought he was cute. Now that I am in Europe I get woken up by a rooster every morning... at 4:30 ( before it’s even light) I no longer think that roosters are cute. Now I am wondering how they taste.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Before I left for Europe I saw a rooster walking around in Santa Monica. Santa Monica! I thought he was cute. Now that I am in Europe I get woken up by a rooster every morning... at 4:30 ( before it’s even light) I no longer think that roosters are cute. Now I am wondering how they taste.
https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018529-coq-au-vin

I preordered the 2019 edition of the Joy of Cooking cookbook. It should be here tomorrow. That is part of the library I have going, cookbooks of all sorts.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018529-coq-au-vin

I preordered the 2019 edition of the Joy of Cooking cookbook. It should be here tomorrow. That is part of the library I have going, cookbooks of all sorts.
Would you like a rooster to practice with?

Old 11-11-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Would you like a rooster to practice with?
Thanksgiving is on its way.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Thanksgiving is on its way.
We don’t do Thanksgiving here, but maybe I’ll start a tradition with this bird.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
We don’t do Thanksgiving here, but maybe I’ll start a tradition with this bird.
Might as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships