Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 09:39 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Got and accepted a job offer for a job in my field. Now just waiting for the background to come back and the drug test is upcoming too. I hope 5 months off of weed is enough to pass. I wouldn’t start until late April so I have to stay in regularly scheduled BS job for another month.
Congrats, Diss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 09:50 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Hm. Doesn't sound like this job is gonna get you out of DC though, Dissenter? Still, I hope that it brings you more happiness than your current situation at least! Congrats anyhow.

In other good news worth sharing, my younger son passed the last segment of his GED test last night. So he is done with the high school stage (over a year ahead of schedule, and at 17.) Now the job hunt can commence in earnest! He has been putting in applications, but not getting any calls and I have suspected that being 17, having dropped out, and not being able to check off the "High School diploma or equivalent" box has been hurting his chances...well now he can check that box, so that's good. Hopefully he gets better results now!

Old 03-20-2019, 11:38 AM

880 posts, read 532,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Hm. Doesn't sound like this job is gonna get you out of DC though, Dissenter? Still, I hope that it brings you more happiness than your current situation at least! Congrats anyhow.

In other good news worth sharing, my younger son passed the last segment of his GED test last night. So he is done with the high school stage (over a year ahead of schedule, and at 17.) Now the job hunt can commence in earnest! He has been putting in applications, but not getting any calls and I have suspected that being 17, having dropped out, and not being able to check off the "High School diploma or equivalent" box has been hurting his chances...well now he can check that box, so that's good. Hopefully he gets better results now!
Congrats to your son.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:40 AM

Hanging out at Dulles airport for the next 4hrs. What do normal people do on long layovers? I just very slowly go crazy

Old 03-20-2019, 11:58 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Hanging out at Dulles airport for the next 4hrs. What do normal people do on long layovers? I just very slowly go crazy

Read. Or that's what I do, but I'm not normal.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Is there a decent restaurant there? Get a drink? Buy overpriced things at airport stores?

Old 03-20-2019, 12:06 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
On the airport bar front.

Last time I was in an airport I was on the way home from a 3 day job interview. I was sitting in the airport bar and blasted back two or three. It was nice to be done with that deal.

There ain't much to do in airports. I suppose if you've got Netflix you could watch a show/movie on your phone or tablet if ya got one.

That is if the drinky poo idea doesn't appeal.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:17 PM

I’ve been traveling since 5:30am. One movie, one book, 2 Starbucks, potbellies, trolling CD (just kidding) 90’s love songs on Spotify. Talked the ear off a random stranger. I feel bad for the next person sitting next to me on the plane. Bf keeps telling me I need to learn to relax. So far I’m failing.

Can’t drink...due to an alcohol allergy.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:55 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
It's a shame you're not in our airport up in Denver here. It'd be fun to wander around looking at all the weird art and trying to spot the conspiracy theory stuff. I've done that in certain airports on long layovers, just wandered around looking at art.

And we have a talking gargoyle now, that actually holds conversations with people.

Denver International Airport Installs Talking Gargoyle as a Nod to Conspiracy Theories | Mental Floss

Old 03-20-2019, 12:58 PM

The Denver Airport has that weird possessed horse sculpture, right?

Airports are getting better with amenities. I had a really long layover in Phoenix last year, and I ate breakfast in the airport version of a restaurant that my PHX friends are always raving about, then I walked around the terminals (which felt like miles) and got a Starbucks.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 03-20-2019 at 01:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships