Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2019, 09:41 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times

Advertisements

Been an irritating week here on CD, I tell ya. Seems I could go a while with no issues but then all of a sudden in several different threads, I have to remember my "rules." If the thread is getting dragged off into the weeds on mostly irrelevant details that weren't really involved in the OP's premise or how it relates to the subject matter allowed in the subforum... If I feel that I've been maneuvered into a corner and I'm on the defensive...if I have responded redundantly explaining the same point repeatedly...if I've come up with several metaphors to try and over-illustrate something that actually wasn't that confusing the first time around...

Yeah, I'm being messed with. Baited. Dare I say, trolled.

One of the ones we've had in here even threw a couple of the age old flags revealing that particular agenda.

I am tempted to make one last post just simply sharing a video of Monty Python's sketch, "Argument Clinic." But I won't...I really don't need to play "who's gonna get the last word." I told myself I was done, so I'm done there.

My older son is returning from Job Corps in Montana this afternoon. I'm pretty excited to have him back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 11:14 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I remember going to Milwaukee back in the early-mid 90's for work related stuff. I remember it being a really pretty decent downtown area that was walkable with lots of food options and I never felt unsafe, never saw any homeless, or graffiti or any of that type of stuff.

I couldn't say the same about LA, San Francisco, or Seattle and several other major cities today. Needles and feces laying on the street, homeless camps. I mean it's so bad that supposedly there is an app dedicated to help people avoid human feces on the street in the bay area.

It's a mess and it's a shame too.

Trolling. I don't mess around anymore, my blood pressure can't afford it.

You can tell fairly quickly who's yanking chains or just wants to fight or be ugly. I go a post or two and if ya can't find a fraction of common ground I move on.

It ain't worth the annoyance.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:21 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
We went to Milwaukee 2 years ago but didn't have a lot of time to see much. I agree with chow, though, and what we saw put it on our list of places to visit when we have more time. And who would have though fudge cheese would work? Really well.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:28 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
We went to Milwaukee 2 years ago but didn't have a lot of time to see much. I agree with chow, though, and what we saw put it on our list of places to visit when we have more time. And who would have though fudge cheese would work? Really well.

Everything works with cheese. In Wisconsin. We deep friend our cheese, then if we ran out of ranch, dipped that cheese in cheese.

I wish I could easily post a pic, but we got cheese in our blood marys.

Of course, this is why I was heavier there.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:39 AM

880 posts, read 532,537 times
I have a bad habit of not following up on previous postings, i don't think i would know if i was being trolled.

Chow- The pungent smells when you turned the corner in SF was feces?....omfg. I honestly had no clue. They do have a homeless problem there but i understand why. When i pass homeless people in Chicago during the colder seasons my heart breaks for them. My kids have always noticed it too and would always ask so many questions, why are they there? are they cold? why dont they have a family they can live with? cant they work at Starbucks and get free coffees?.
They love going downtown for their birthdays (both were winter babies), a couple of years ago my son wanted to give some of his birthday dollars to the homeless so they could buy coffee, it made them so happy to see these people smile its now become a birthday tradition.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:42 AM

880 posts, read 532,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Everything works with cheese. In Wisconsin. We deep friend our cheese, then if we ran out of ranch, dipped that cheese in cheese.

i was thinking there's the 40# you mentioned earlier.

When i first moved here i was horrified by the amount of cheese in everything. I made the new fam a shepherds pie and my bil asked if i could top it with cheese next time.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:48 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
i was thinking there's the 40# you mentioned earlier.

When i first moved here i was horrified by the amount of cheese in everything. I made the new fam a shepherds pie and my bil asked if i could top it with cheese next time.

More than 40# at my peak. Yup, beer, butter burgers, and cheese with cheese.

Green bean casserole with a baked cheese topping is pretty dope though.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:14 PM

94 posts, read 42,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I remember going to Milwaukee back in the early-mid 90's for work related stuff. I remember it being a really pretty decent downtown area that was walkable with lots of food options and I never felt unsafe, never saw any homeless, or graffiti or any of that type of stuff.

I couldn't say the same about LA, San Francisco, or Seattle and several other major cities today. Needles and feces laying on the street, homeless camps. I mean it's so bad that supposedly there is an app dedicated to help people avoid human feces on the street in the bay area.

It's a mess and it's a shame too.

Trolling. I don't mess around anymore, my blood pressure can't afford it.

You can tell fairly quickly who's yanking chains or just wants to fight or be ugly. I go a post or two and if ya can't find a fraction of common ground I move on.

It ain't worth the annoyance.
Or you can be new and have everyone accusing you of being a troll. That’s fun.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:52 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Dipping cheese in cheese sounds too good to be true. And I'm 61 and I've never thought of it. I'm glad you said something and I'm trying to be upbeat about my new discovery, but those 61 wasted years. I have to meditate now.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:55 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Hipster Crudhole 🍩 might be a good name for a donut shop!
I woke up on the couch thinking I have to move to Las Vegas. I hear I should brace myself for another 6-10” (of snow) this weekend. Not only do I hear and process information while I’m seeping, I make better decions.
^^^Amazing! I do not remember being awake at 4 am or posting! I cant spell in my sleep, either! So bizarre...I guess I'm moving to Las Vegas... Hmm

Also, about Milwaukee, I don't live far from there, so my impressions are based on the news I hear and from the people who left there. Maybe it's a great place, all a matter of what a person likes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships