Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 08:44 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,969 times

Advertisements

Were you there?
I thought Chicago folk were tough.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 10:11 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Were you there?
I thought Chicago folk were tough.....
Minneapolis is right up there with them, just a bit nicer 😻
I’m really happy about the whole thing. If only Al were here.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:21 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Im doing keto and IF in preparation for a boudoir shoot. If i break it too early its near impossible for me to jump back on the wagon.
Shrimp! And you’re picture-perfect already silly!🙃

Old 02-13-2019, 06:33 PM

880 posts, read 532,537 times
Just caught my daughter laughing at a pack of hotdog buns, I asked her why she was laughing, she said because the bag said "ball" park. Cue confused look from me. She responds with "balls are what boys have" omg...she's only 8.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:27 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,969 times
Quote:
Just caught my daughter laughing at a pack of hotdog buns, I asked her why she was laughing, she said because the bag said "ball" park. Cue confused look from me. She responds with "balls are what boys have" omg...she's only 8.
!!!!!!

I don't have kids but for some reason I have irrational fears of being a parent in these kind of awkward moments.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:15 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
I was lucky enough to have two sons, but I've got a head full of gutter humor anyhow. I sometimes joke that Beavis and Butthead are permanently embedded somewhere deep in my brain, where they sit there laughing perpetually at stupid, juvenile things. Just how it is.

I ran into the convenience store the other night, leaving my 17 year old waiting in the car. It had been a rough day (it was the day my license plates were stolen, and later that day I also locked my keys in my car and had to call AAA...like it was just...not a good day.) And I came back laughing, because when I'd got to the counter in there, someone had stashed a half-gnawed stick of open beef jerky product on a shelf near the register, one that happened to have a bunch of containers of trail mix and various nuts on it. And since no one else was in the store but me and the guy working, I'd gingerly grabbed said discarded snack and handed it to him and said, "You appear to have a sketchy meat stick...lurking...among the nuts...here..."

I told my son, he snerked at it for a second, but I was like giggling for ten minutes over that. Finally he was like, "Mom what is wrong with you?"

I said, "You know what, I've had a bad day. Seriously being able to say the words 'sketchy meat stick' was about as good as it got. Just let me enjoy it, ok?"

Old 02-14-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I was lucky enough to have two sons, but I've got a head full of gutter humor anyhow. I sometimes joke that Beavis and Butthead are permanently embedded somewhere deep in my brain, where they sit there laughing perpetually at stupid, juvenile things. Just how it is.

I ran into the convenience store the other night, leaving my 17 year old waiting in the car. It had been a rough day (it was the day my license plates were stolen, and later that day I also locked my keys in my car and had to call AAA...like it was just...not a good day.) And I came back laughing, because when I'd got to the counter in there, someone had stashed a half-gnawed stick of open beef jerky product on a shelf near the register, one that happened to have a bunch of containers of trail mix and various nuts on it. And since no one else was in the store but me and the guy working, I'd gingerly grabbed said discarded snack and handed it to him and said, "You appear to have a sketchy meat stick...lurking...among the nuts...here..."

I told my son, he snerked at it for a second, but I was like giggling for ten minutes over that. Finally he was like, "Mom what is wrong with you?"

I said, "You know what, I've had a bad day. Seriously being able to say the words 'sketchy meat stick' was about as good as it got. Just let me enjoy it, ok?"
We take what we can get. One situation that i will torment my son with when he is older happened a year ago when he was in 4th grade. I was having a s*** day at work and the school called and said that my son has been telling classmates that he spends his money on hookers and cocaine, The vice principle was so serious on the phone and i was initially mad because i didn't need this on top of my stressful day but as soon as i got off the phone i told my coworker and we laughed for what seemed like hours. He did lose his youtube privileges after but it still makes me chuckle when i think about it.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
!!!!!!

I don't have kids but for some reason I have irrational fears of being a parent in these kind of awkward moments.
trust me these are the fun moments of parenting.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:44 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
We take what we can get. One situation that i will torment my son with when he is older happened a year ago when he was in 4th grade. I was having a s*** day at work and the school called and said that my son has been telling classmates that he spends his money on hookers and cocaine, The vice principle was so serious on the phone and i was initially mad because i didn't need this on top of my stressful day but as soon as i got off the phone i told my coworker and we laughed for what seemed like hours. He did lose his youtube privileges after but it still makes me chuckle when i think about it.
Oh my god, that is hilarious.

I made the mistake of letting my kids watch a movie, don't remember what it was but it had a lot of sophomoric humor and I thought they were old enough it wasn't a big deal. My younger son was in middle school at the time. I think he was like 13 years old. One of the things was, a character in the movie made a gesture...like a guy jerkin' it sort of hand gesture...that was meant to convey a sort of "no one cares" expression. Right? You know the gesture?

My son did this when the teacher turned her back, after she'd been talking. It was meant to make another boy laugh, being rudely dismissive of what the teacher had been saying. OK certainly it was way out of line and completely inappropriate.

But I was called down to the school, because the official response was to suspend him for a week for sexual harassment. Which was the wording of what they put in his file. I mean really now... Did he deserve to be in trouble? Yes. But I felt that was considerably over the top.

It was more upsetting than funny at the time, but we have got enough distance from the incident that we can laugh about it now.

Raising kids. I swear.

You know what sucks? I'm trying to get both of mine launched into independence, and it is actually harder than it ever was parenting them at any other stage. I had no idea that this would be the hardest part. But it is. Like they are at the point where they will make choices, and some of them really are not good, and I can't do much to stop them because...they're technically sort of "adults" (or nearly)...but I'm still not ready, willing, or able, quite yet to just let them fall flat on their faces and fail.

At least thus far, it's not a matter of drugs or gangs, violence, crime or running off or getting anyone pregnant. It could be worse...

Old 02-14-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

You know what sucks? I'm trying to get both of mine launched into independence, and it is actually harder than it ever was parenting them at any other stage. I had no idea that this would be the hardest part. But it is. Like they are at the point where they will make choices, and some of them really are not good, and I can't do much to stop them because...they're technically sort of "adults" (or nearly)...but I'm still not ready, willing, or able, quite yet to just let them fall flat on their faces and fail.

At least thus far, it's not a matter of drugs or gangs, violence, crime or running off or getting anyone pregnant. It could be worse...
I can imagine how difficult it will be. Im a total control freak, i have no idea how i will handle letting go and letting them make their own mistakes. My goal has always been to raise well rounded functioning members of society but momma bear mode creeps in every so often. My parents were the same, they wanted us independent but my mom still calls to ask me if i've fed my children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships