Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2017, 12:59 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
OT, folks. Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Question: sometimes when I get notified that I've been repped for a post here, the person repping me will leave a little note. How they do dat?
You see the little scales symbol in the upper right hand corner of the post? Well, click on that, and then it drops down a line into which you can type the message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 01:32 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You see the little scales symbol in the upper right hand corner of the post? Well, click on that, and then it drops down a line into which you can type the message.
The More You Know...

*star whoosh*

Many thanks!

Old 09-03-2017, 12:34 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Didn't know if anyone would get the reference.

Cherry Mango, that sounds good.

We've discovered that stuff, too. Just had some blackberry recently.

I usually get the melon-flavored packs. But I wanted something different, like pineapple or banana, and so they had the banana. Haven't tried them from the Asian markets, though.

And I still haven't forgotten those croissants from TJ's you recommended. Maybe I'll get there this week.
They also have Cherry Pineapple popsicles. They are at Walmart...

Old 09-04-2017, 08:30 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Mrs. Chow's mom is 81. She's in pretty good shape overall for her age. She's having back issues, but she's doing good overall. Mrs. Chow usually talks to her once a day to check in on her and just to make sure that she's ok in general. Well today she goes to call around noon and gets a busy signal. No biggie. She does sometimes talk to some of her friends from HS from time to time. She calls again an hour later, again, busy signal. She ends up calling her a few more times and again a busy signal. We think that maybe she didn't set the phone down right and it was barely off the hook. That sometimes happens. After a few hours of this she starts to get worried because at some point one of them calls each other. It was later in the day and she would have called us here if she'd been on the phone or whatever. We were planning on calling her cell but she only turns it on when she's not at home. So now we're getting really worried and decide to drive over to her house half expecting something bad to be waiting for us. We pull up and it's around 3:30 in the afternoon and her newspaper was still in front of the driveway. Again, not the best sign we're thinking at that point. We go up to the door starting banging on it wondering if she was going to answer or not. We have a set of keys and was about to open the door ourselves when she answers the door. She was more surprised by the look on Mrs. Chow's face as at this point we were thinking the worst possible outcome. Mrs. Chow barks at a bit about not answering her phone but it was just from a place of terror. LOL, we'll it turned out that for some reason her phone was just not working properly. Her friend was trying to call her to work out plans for a visit and she ended up leaving a voicemail for her on her cell. She got semi-chewed out by a couple of people today. Well, everything is fine but man, what a stressful 20 minute drive to her house. I had a headache from the tension building up in my neck and shoulders.

It was good that it turned out ok. The same thing happened with her father a few years ago. The phone wasn't hung up right and we ended up making a drive over to his house as well. The same deal with my mom several years ago, unfortunately she wasn't in good shape and we had to call 911 and get her to a hospital. I guess that's just how things go as our parents get older.

Not the funnest Labor day we've had in a while, but I guess we should be thankful that all is well.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:20 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Some of you trolls need to up your game. You're just being downright lazy sometimes with these obvious, lame, cliché threads. Put some effort into it!

Old 09-06-2017, 06:17 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Some of you trolls need to up your game. You're just being downright lazy sometimes with these obvious, lame, cliché threads. Put some effort into it!
Yeah, all these whiny "women won't approach me" and "women shouldn't have too much sex" threads are gonna be what finally runs me from here permanently.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:24 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yeah, all these whiny "women won't approach me" and "women shouldn't have too much sex" threads are gonna be what finally runs me from here permanently.
..... Yeah I can't tell if I'm nauseous just reading the titles and the names of the new poster wanting to start off with a conversation ...and then throw their agenda in, or if I'm hungover. Either way not much fun anymore, and I'm sure not going to quit drinking, so there's that. 😺

Old 09-06-2017, 08:27 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Btw, timberline, you can't receive DMs right now. See ya back in 30, if the rest of us are still here.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:08 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Sounds like I missed some excitement while I was in a boring day-long work meeting!

Old 09-06-2017, 04:57 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
I've reluctantly tried to introduce some new subjects but they just aren't interesting ( or controversial) enough
You know, more like 'real life' for more ordinary people....IOW...booooring
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships