Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 06:30 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Is that by you mate?

Yeah it seems to come to life at night.....

I'd LOVE to see New York at night

Yep.

The round-ish building on the left is a seafood/steak joint. We go there fairly often, or at least have in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 07:00 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yep.

The round-ish building on the left is a seafood/steak joint. We go there fairly often, or at least have in the past.
Lucky mate looks lovely

Old 07-23-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Lucky mate looks lovely
In the background on the right is the Queen Mary.

During WW2 it was painted grey and was used to cart military back and forth between England and here. Supposedly there are real actual ghosts on the ship, security camera footage shows some murky shadows in some of the bowels of the ship when it's shut down for the day.

It's a major tourist attraction here so who knows, the ghost stories could just be good PR to drum up traffic.

Queen Mary Story | Queen Mary Hotel | Legendary Queen Mary Ship in Long Beach

Old 07-23-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
In the background on the right is the Queen Mary.

During WW2 it was painted grey and was used to cart military back and forth between England and here. Supposedly there are real actual ghosts on the ship, security camera footage shows some murky shadows in some of the bowels of the ship when it's shut down for the day.

It's a major tourist attraction here so who knows, the ghost stories could just be good PR to drum up traffic.

Queen Mary Story | Queen Mary Hotel | Legendary Queen Mary Ship in Long Beach
Ohhhhh spooky but it has a beautiful story mate and would attract military buffs as well

My primary school has a church next to it ( used in the constant Gardener film and others ) and LOL it's the scariest place on earth as far as I'm concerned!.. It's the same rep for haunted.

And when I was 8 or so me and my mate had to help the vicar and we heard something..... ( crap ourselves )

So how's things with the job search?

Old 07-23-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Ohhhhh spooky but it has a beautiful story mate and would attract military buffs as well

My primary school has a church next to it ( used in the constant Gardener film and others ) and LOL it's the scariest place on earth as far as I'm concerned!.. It's the same rep for haunted.

And when I was 8 or so me and my mate had to help the vicar and we heard something..... ( crap ourselves )

So how's things with the job search?

I've blown off the job search for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I got a call from a guy I used to work with, he went to another company and he called me and is trying to get me to go over to his company. IDK. It's the same line of work I used to do, so if I do go back to that line of work I've got about 3 companies I've got to think about and figure what makes sense. IDK. Sick and tired of doing what I was doing, but at some point have to get back to work.

IDK, we'll see how it goes. I was thinking about going back to work a couple of weeks ago, but I think at this point gonna say screw it and just wait till summer is over at this point.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
I've blown off the job search for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I got a call from a guy I used to work with, he went to another company and he called me and is trying to get me to go over to his company. IDK. It's the same line of work I used to do, so if I do go back to that line of work I've got about 3 companies I've got to think about and figure what makes sense. IDK. Sick and tired of doing what I was doing, but at some point have to get back to work.

IDK, we'll see how it goes. I was thinking about going back to work a couple of weeks ago, but I think at this point gonna say screw it and just wait till summer is over at this point.
I'm just so glad you can afford it mate

I had 3 months off at the start of the year, carried on spending, going out all the time etc and not only did I do my savings but also got in debt.....

It's cleared now but it's a crapper for me

Old 07-23-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I'm just so glad you can afford it mate

I had 3 months off at the start of the year, carried on spending, going out all the time etc and not only did I do my savings but also got in debt.....

It's cleared now but it's a crapper for me

Yeah, I need to get get money coming in... for sure. We're ok right now, the only thing that sucks is paying for our medical insurance each month, that's getting a bit pricy, but what the heck. Before I know it all be back to work soon enough. In our lives we probably work about 45 plus years, so what's a year out of all of that time when you're a 9 to 5 working slob.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I need to get get money coming in... for sure. We're ok right now, the only thing that sucks is paying for our medical insurance each month, that's getting a bit pricy, but what the heck. Before I know it all be back to work soon enough. In our lives we probably work about 45 plus years, so what's a year out of all of that time when you're a 9 to 5 working slob.
Oh absolutely

I have a few months off in a year as it stands but in intervals.... It's good for me naturally.

Incidentally!!!! I've been here nearly a year and as Brit I've never asked this.......

Why are we called " Limeys "?..... Yes I could google it but the drab content from Wikipedia won't beat an exhibition worthy quote from a real American badass!

Old 07-23-2016, 08:51 PM

British Sailors somtimes suffered from malnutrition and scurvy and eating limes was a way to help combat some of that.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
British Sailors somtimes suffered from malnutrition and scurvy and eating limes was a way to help combat some of that.
Ahhhhh I thought we were sour ( darker humour ) or fat ( shape of a lime )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships